Is this.. safe? Eh I did it so I'm sure it is.. right?

Started by Science Woona, 2013 Jan 24, 23:46:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Science Woona

Okay, so.. I found this little Logitech Z-323 theater system thingy. And I was bored... And had 3 extra speakers and a audio splitter lying around...
Sooooo....
Well I hooked 3 extra speakers to the subwoofer which only came with spots for two.
Basically, since I had one splitter and four speakers. I stripped the wiring to two speakers and connected it with the other jack to the same one
Spoiler: Pictures to make it easier to understand • show

Also, all the speakers have the same Impedance, which is 4 ohms.

Just wondering if this is safe and/or will it ruin any of the speakers/subwoofer/amp?
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Julius

This reminds me of my Physics lab classes...

Let's just say I'm not going to be a physicist... X3

Sorry, can't help this time! :P
Purr~

Book Smarts

Might not want to do that, you could actually break the speakers or cause a fire. I'm no electrician, but if it's not suppose to have more than what they give you, it could get dangerous.

Science Woona

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 25, 00:54:21
Might not want to do that, you could actually break the speakers or cause a fire. I'm no electrician, but if it's not suppose to have more than what they give you, it could get dangerous.

:T
*Places rubber over speakers*
FIXED
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Lord of Madness

Technically speaking you're breaking OSHA here. its extremely dangerous to modify electronic cord in any way without approval from the manufacturer.

ShadowHeart

I don't know much about wires but just remember. It's better to be safe than sorry. Just don't blow up your house  ^-^

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Go Up