I've had forgotten you cannot delete thread (Abandoned this thread)

Started by Billow Pillow, 2012 Oct 09, 15:04:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tekner

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 25, 17:30:16
Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 06:18:50
Okay, I've asked this three times now. Can someone PLEASE tell me what qualifies as exploiting?

I'm pretty sure usually it involves hacking or glitches to get items or things you normally wouldn't be able to get rather easily. I mean I doubt the average user would have to worry about exploiting unless they were intentionally doing it. But yeah exploiting in games is usually hacks or glitches.
Emphasis on the intentional part: If a user unknowingly utilizes a glitch and the game owners do not make any effort to make the message clear that that behavior is forboden, it is solely the owners' fault and the user should be let off with a friendly warning. If the bug is known to the player to be an exploit, or the user failed to read overt, public server rules, then it is solely their fault.

That is, usually, the rule-of-thumb when it comes to exploits in games. Also hacking, while technically an exploit, does not usually fall under that category because of the effort it takes to actually hack a game. An exploit is usually performed solely in the game using the game's rules (or, often, broken rules depending on the bug), not by circumventing them.

Darckwar

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Oct 25, 02:56:54
Upon previous occurrences within my old server, I generally tried to make backup's of the event area's as regularly as possible.  X3

O ty ty :D i don't think i had it in me to remake all that. you just save the day  ^-^

Ründo

Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Darckwar

Sorry i have not ben on the passt 3 days.  Had a lot of school work and other stuff I needed to take care of 1st.

Billow Pillow

2012 Oct 30, 17:09:23 #104 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 30, 17:15:30 by Lyra Heartstrings
@Darckwar: That's quite alright sugarcube! Welcome back!

Suggestion:

Rather not go into an overly huge detail process as i normally do with any or all of my announcement post! So simply going to state it this time! We here at [LoE] Tekkit are curious as to what you as the user's have or desire from us, what are your idea's for the server?  What would you as the user's like to see in the future of this server, what would make the game more exciting and fun for you guys? Please bare in mind though what we have currently is not all that we had planned for you guys.   

Death Messages:

For those who want to enter in a chance to get there own custom ponified death message on the server - Simply out this entry form

Death type: (Spider, skeleton, falling, void, etc.) - [Insert text here]
Death Message: [Insert Text here]
Examples:
"Playername" Shouldn't have been chasing that purple dragon
Today! "Playername" learnt a lesson about trusting others... especially near lava..
Ah! Crap, Playername was stabbed in the back by personwhodidit!"
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Captain0Ron

I would like to see a few things added to our permissions.
The permission nodes follow:

Spoiler: Permission nodes • show
Essentials.time
Essentials.pay
Essentials.msg
Essentials.msg.color
Essentials.msg.format
Essentials.msg.url
Essentials.nick
Essentials.nick.color
Essentials.nick.format
Essentials.nick.magic
Essentials.afk
Essentials.worth
Essentials.getpos
Essentials.getpos.others
Essentials.helpop
Essentials.helpop.receive
Essentials.mail
Essentials.mail.send
Essentials.me
Essentials.suicide
Essentials.back
Essentials.keepxp
Essentials.sethome.multiple
Essentials.tpahere
Essentials.warp
Essentials.chat.color
Essentials.chat.format
Essentials.chat.magic
Essentials.chat.question
Essentials.chat.shout
Essentials.chat.url
I also wonder why the spawning of snowmen is banned? Or broken... Whichever, I can't build a snow golem to make ice for my reactor

Also can you make quarries available again?

And the MCMMO hit system is a bit awry.

The turtles don't mine for some reason.

This is a big help for code typers, can you enable HTTP on the server so we can paste codes into the computers for programs?

Finally, I think you lose a bit too much money when you die... Maybe lower it to 50 bits?

Spoiler: Death messages • show
Spider/Cave spider: Playername forgot to bring his spider repellent
Skeleton: Playername took an arrow to the knee
Creeper: Playername forgot to check hissss back
Zombie: The infection has spread to Playername 's brain
Endermen: Playername was consumed by the darkness
Pigzombie: Playername messed with the wrong piggy
Explosion: Playername cut the wrong wire
Fire: Playername spent too much time tanning
Lava: Playername slipped into lava
Falling: Playername took the leap of faith
Drowning: Playername forgot to bring his scuba helmet
Suicide: Playername died at his own hooves
Suffocation: Playername forgot to breath
Player: [Player 2] hath smited [player 1]
Unknown: Playername hath perished into the wind

Billow Pillow

Thank yer kindly for all those suggestion's! I'll do my best to see what i can do and fix the problem's you have pointed out, though i feel i must interject upon those of the premissions you have suggested! You'll find upon ranking up through the higher rank's that you will end up obtain over 70% of those you have suggested, also several of them are actually available during the first rank as well.  Though i suppose this is my fault for not adding a rank guide onto the front page as of yet!

Some of those death message's have already been created by the default system, but i must admit i am liking quite a few of them! You did a wonderful job, we really do appreciate it!   :] Also for those who didn't see! xD

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Oct 30, 17:09:23
Suggestion:

Rather not go into an overly huge detail process as i normally do with any or all of my announcement post! So simply going to state it this time! We here at [LoE] Tekkit are curious as to what you as the user's have or desire from us, what are your idea's for the server?  What would you as the user's like to see in the future of this server, what would make the game more exciting and fun for you guys? Please bare in mind though what we have currently is not all that we had planned for you guys.   

Death Messages:

For those who want to enter in a chance to get there own custom ponified death message on the server - Simply out this entry form

Death type: (Spider, skeleton, falling, void, etc.) - [Insert text here]
Death Message: [Insert Text here]
Examples:
"Playername" Shouldn't have been chasing that purple dragon
Today! "Playername" learnt a lesson about trusting others... especially near lava..
Ah! Crap, Playername was stabbed in the back by personwhodidit!"
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Ründo

Death messages:

skeleton: Somepony had a bone to pick with playername.
Zombie: playername would like you to know that, "Resistance is futile"
PK:  [playername: died] told [playername: attacker], "Tis' only a flesh wound"
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Captain0Ron

Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Go Up