I've had forgotten you cannot delete thread (Abandoned this thread)

Started by Billow Pillow, 2012 Oct 09, 15:04:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

I dont think that lag is such a big problem.
Some people just put up solar panels which cause massive lag.
That is exactly why most servers ban them.

Xeno Aura

Ryo_D_Disk

it could be quarrys and forcefeilds to be fair the lag was most prominate after they went up

Xeno Aura

Forcefields may cause some lag, I have no idea how they're coded.

Quarries can definitely cause quite a bit of lag.

Luckily energy collectors are banned, as they generate tonnes of lag.

Captain0Ron

Im assuming nuclear explosions from Reactors overheating are banned as well? For both destruction and lag reasons.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Billow Pillow

Due unfortunate and severe circumstances which i will not be explaining, we had to throw the map into the disposal! We heavily due apologize for the huge set back, and having to be forced to create a new map.   We will make sure a situation like this never happens again, we hope that you will understand and continue to support us into the future! We also apologize that we will be unable to return any items you may have previously had in the previous map, but thankfully you where able to keep all your ranks.  Upon entering the new map, we ran into several glitches which i fixed rather quickly involving rank system being broken, along with world edit and are protection system and several other things!

Banned items: (As voted by the users) nuke, energy collector: MK1 MK2 MK3, energy relay:MK1 MK2 MK3, mining lazer,  quantum armor, infernal armor, Destruction catalyst, world anchor, dimentional anchor, and forcefield core.
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Tekner

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Oct 24, 01:57:17
Due unfortunate and severe circumstances which i will not be explaining, we had to throw the map into the disposal! We heavily due apologize for the huge set back, and having to be forced to create a new map.   We will make sure a situation like this never happens again, we hope that you will understand and continue to support us into the future! We also apologize that we will be unable to return any items you may have previously had in the previous map, but thankfully you where able to keep all your ranks.  Upon entering the new map, we ran into several glitches which i fixed rather quickly involving rank system being broken, along with world edit and are protection system and several other things!
That is unfortunate, but something I'm used to. I've even run into that situation myself a few times in some of the game's I've moderated. I suspect it won't be that big of a deal for most of us. Also, because of this, I guess I'm actually glad that I didn't get much work done on my buildings yet: I had nothing to lose! ovO
Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Oct 24, 01:57:17
Banned items: (As voted by the users) nuke, energy collector: MK1 MK2 MK3, energy relay:MK1 MK2 MK3, mining lazer,  quantum armor, infernal armor, Destruction catalyst, world anchor, dimentional anchor, and forcefield core.

I'm not sure where the voting was done, but I only recall some users saying that forcefields could lag the server. I tried finding some sources that talk about how laggy forcefield cores are and found none. In addition, they are invaluable anti-griefing tools for anyone willing to make them. I think, instead, the cutter upgrade should be banned because that is what causes lag, what with all the entities that get dropped. What does everyone else think?

Xeno Aura

I heard something about Phoenix's protecting land? But I don't know what all that is about, the only Phoenix I know is Mistar, and we don't seem to like each other, at least he doesn't ever respond or talk to me. :P

And indeed, our forcefield failed and we were heavily griefed, lost hundreds of thousands worth of EMC. Luckily some of it Lyra Hearstrings was able to roll back and save, but we still lost quite a bit. I had just hooked a forcefield up to some MFSU's and managed to get, I think, a 100% stable build.

Ründo

awww. I had got so much done... well not too much, but a good start.  Sigh here we go again.

What caused the map to corrupt anyway?
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Zaner-Boy

Ründo

my quarry isn't working for some odd reason.

edit:

still not working. it just sits there wasting power

Billow Pillow

My apologies sugarcube! I had turned off all of buildcraft for quite some time after the restart, for safety and all that.   :] It's up now however.  X3
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Ründo

and someone summoned an ender dragon right on me

edit:

NVM. it wasn't going to kill me

Darckwar

What happen to the server did you reset it?
theres nothing left all my hard work gone   D: >A< DD: D: >A< DD: D: >A< DD: >A< D:

Billow Pillow

@Darckwar: No need to worry! You're stuff is backed up, well at-least the ones in which i knew the location too.   Also if i am reading the forum's correctly.. Happy birthday!  :D

@Rundo: I apologize, that would probably be beastly.  X3
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Ründo

what all is backed up?

edit:

did you back up all the protected areas or just a few places you knew about?

Billow Pillow

Upon previous occurrences within my old server, I generally tried to make backup's of the event area's as regularly as possible.  X3
Senpai Notice me

Dragon Cave Click Meow.

JamieBooker

Hi i'm new to this server but it seems like it is offline again?
Spooning always leads to Forking

Zaner-Boy

Okay, I've asked this three times now. Can someone PLEASE tell me what qualifies as exploiting?

Rissian

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Oct 25, 06:18:50
Okay, I've asked this three times now. Can someone PLEASE tell me what qualifies as exploiting?

I'm pretty sure usually it involves hacking or glitches to get items or things you normally wouldn't be able to get rather easily. I mean I doubt the average user would have to worry about exploiting unless they were intentionally doing it. But yeah exploiting in games is usually hacks or glitches.

Go Up