What do you fear?

Started by Captain0Ron, 2012 Jul 07, 13:31:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

lurk852

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 07, 20:07:53
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 07, 20:05:36
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 07, 20:00:26
ONLY wasps... bees are your friends who love you... wasps just want to hurt things...

Bees are fluffy little visitors who make delicious yummy honey. :3 But I'm still nervous around them.

Africanized Bees, though. They need to go extinct. :/ Vicious little things. They actually kill people for little to no reason.

For some reason, tall people make me nervous. That's kinda bad considering I'm about 5'0".

I like to sit out on the porch and watch the wood bees smack their head against my porch  :3

Me too. It looks so ridiculous  o_O
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

2012 Jul 07, 22:21:29 #21 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 07, 22:39:40 by Trege
My fears a bit odd, I guess it doesn't seem like a normal one, I'm actually afraid of getting old not so much being old itself but more or less the chance of not being able to move when your old
I can't imagine being old and unable to walk around it feels like something stupid to be afraid of,  X3 but I am afraid of it to the point where I'm going to make sure I exercise my entire life in hopes that I won't lose the ability to walk by keeping legs arms and such in shape.

Another fear I have is outliving relatives/friends It's probably another dumb fear to have, and I guess it happened after my Grandpa and Aunt died
12 or so years ago since I was close to both of them.

(Hopefully I'm not depressing anyone, I'm an optimist so I generally don't let things get me down but these are some of the fears I have.)

PrincessButton

I have a very irrational fear of puke.
That's probably my biggest fear to be honest.
I am also scared of giant bugs... and small bugs for that matter.
And the afterlife.
~
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 07, 23:39:19
And the afterlife.
~

I don't wanna see someone puke. If I find puke, it doesn't stink to me. But if I see someone puke, then it stinks to me. It's weird. It's like I'm immune to a lot of stinky smells. Even if I do smell them, they usually don't register as "stinky", just "weird". So I don't really get all the fuss about stuff like skunk spray and formaldehyde "stinking."

And, Trege, I hope you're good at swallowing pills, especially anti-inflammatory ones. Arthritis is such a hassle, and a lot of younger people who don't have it underestimate it. The immune system causes inflammation in certain joints, which causes swelling, stiffness, and pain. Usually, that pain can end up pretty bad. If it's in your knees, you don't wanna walk during flare-ups.

Needless to say, I don't really fear most pain at all. Too much experience with dealing with it has dulled my fear of it. The only kinds of pain I can think of that I do still fear are
1. Breaking a bone. I broke a toe once, and that actually hurt pretty bad. Bigger bones hurt even worse, which is a scary thought.
2. Medical needles.

Can't believe I didn't remember to list medical needles before. It's mostly out of childhood trauma. Getting a shot, I can handle rather fairly. It's getting my blood drawn that really gets to me. Without a doubt, I end up gripped with fear while having my blood drawn. One time, I felt like I was about to have a panic attack.
Don't underestimate the lasting effect things have on children.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 08, 01:09:13
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 07, 23:39:19
And the afterlife.
~

I don't wanna see someone puke. If I find puke, it doesn't stink to me. But if I see someone puke, then it stinks to me. It's weird. It's like I'm immune to a lot of stinky smells. Even if I do smell them, they usually don't register as "stinky", just "weird". So I don't really get all the fuss about stuff like skunk spray and formaldehyde "stinking."

-snip-

Needless to say, I don't really fear most pain at all. Too much experience with dealing with it has dulled my fear of it. The only kinds of pain I can think of that I do still fear are
1. Breaking a bone. I broke a toe once, and that actually hurt pretty bad. Bigger bones hurt even worse, which is a scary thought.
2. Medical needles.

Can't believe I didn't remember to list medical needles before. It's mostly out of childhood trauma. Getting a shot, I can handle rather fairly. It's getting my blood drawn that really gets to me. Without a doubt, I end up gripped with fear while having my blood drawn. One time, I felt like I was about to have a panic attack.
Don't underestimate the lasting effect things have on children.
It's not just other people puking, I hate puking myself, I can't even describe how terrified I am of it. Like, if I start to feel sick, I get panic attacks. I am petrified of it..  >A<

I'm afraid of pain.. and seeing blood. But only in person. I can handle TV blood, and movie blood, because I know it's fake, (for the most part anyway unless it's excessive) but seeing blood in person makes my stomach flip. Which them brings me back to my fear of puke.

I've never had to get blood drawn, and I hope I never have to...  >.< (although I know the chances of that are slim.)

Rissian

2012 Jul 08, 01:49:41 #25 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 08, 01:51:51 by Trege
I'm not afraid of pain or death really, just not being able to walk when I'm old, (It feels odd being bothered about age related injury since I'm only 20, and probably won't have to deal with any of it for a long long time, which is why I said the fear is a bit odd.)    ovO

I broke my leg and my arm once breaking bones kind of dulled lesser pains for me, I broke them when I was younger, although getting blood drawn was kind of creepy when they needed it after I broke my arm.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Jul 08, 01:49:41
I'm not afraid of pain or death really, just not being able to walk when I'm old, (It feels odd being bothered about age related injury since I'm only 20, and probably won't have to deal with any of it for a long long time.)    ovO

I broke my leg and my arm once breaking bones kind of dulled lesser pains for me, I broke them when I was younger, although getting blood drawn was kind of creepy when they needed it after I broke my arm.

Ah. Hopefully you won't end up with your arthritis focused in your knees like mine is, then. It makes it hard to walk when you have a flare-up. And before anyone starts wondering, no I'm not old. I'm 19. I've had arthritis since the age of 3, but it's in remission now, which means it's dormant.

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 08, 01:29:26
It's not just other people puking, I hate puking myself, I can't even describe how terrified I am of it. Like, if I start to feel sick, I get panic attacks. I am petrified of it..  >A<

I'm afraid of pain.. and seeing blood. But only in person. I can handle TV blood, and movie blood, because I know it's fake, (for the most part anyway unless it's excessive) but seeing blood in person makes my stomach flip. Which them brings me back to my fear of puke.

I've never had to get blood drawn, and I hope I never have to...  >.< (although I know the chances of that are slim.)

Probably because you can't breathe while puking. :c I hate puking too, but I'm not afraid of it. I rarely puke anymore, though, ever since I discovered mind over matter. If I start feeling nauseous, I just think to myself over and over "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm not gonna, I feel fine, I'm not sick, I'm fine, I'm not gonna" So unless my body feels a massively important need to puke, the mind over matter works.

And yeah, the chances of never having blood drawn are kinda slim. Doctors have to test blood to diagnose quite a few things. They also have to test blood to check on arthritis. >:/ And vitamin and mineral levels, which reminds me, the doctor I've been seeing wants me to have a checkup in a month or so, so she can draw more blood and check on my Vitamin D and iron levels. Son of a gunhorse.

Travius Trott

Fears, eh?
I fear a grat many things, such as all buzzing bugs, walking alone in a dark small space, walking on tall manmade things, and also the odd one of tools getting near my toes.
Well, that's most my fears, though the worst two are the buzzing bugs, and the tolld near toes, I get a panic attack whenever I'm exposed to any of the two.
The other fears are more things that I'm very uncomfortable with.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

lurk852

I'm not particularly tough with regard to pain, but needles don't bother me much. I'm told that upon receiving my first shot (while I was still a baby), my only reaction was to glare quietly at the nurse. I may not be now, but I was kind of cool as a bady.  :/

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 08, 02:03:04
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 08, 01:29:26

Probably because you can't breathe while puking. :c I hate puking too, but I'm not afraid of it. I rarely puke anymore, though, ever since I discovered mind over matter. If I start feeling nauseous, I just think to myself over and over "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm not gonna, I feel fine, I'm not sick, I'm fine, I'm not gonna" So unless my body feels a massively important need to puke, the mind over matter works.

And yeah, the chances of never having blood drawn are kinda slim. Doctors have to test blood to diagnose quite a few things. They also have to test blood to check on arthritis. >:/ And vitamin and mineral levels, which reminds me, the doctor I've been seeing wants me to have a checkup in a month or so, so she can draw more blood and check on my Vitamin D and iron levels. Son of a gunhorse.
Meh, I always do that...but...that doesn't stop my sickness.  :x But I only do that when I KNOW I'm going to puke, however I get nauseous a lot, but don't puke much. (thank celestia)

And I dunno about that.. everytime my friend goes to the..ehem..lady doctor, she has to get blood drawn.  o_o I'm hoping that's just her doctor though, mine has never said anything about needing to draw any. *deep sigh of relief*

sonyablademaster

I fear flying in airplanes and going a elevator

Chishio Kunrin

I don't even like seeing a needle inserted into someone else's skin. It makes me tense up and cringe. But I'm fine with seeing a needle inserted into an animal's skin, which is good because I wanna be a vet.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 08, 03:27:42
I don't even like seeing a needle inserted into someone else's skin. It makes me tense up and cringe. But I'm fine with seeing a needle inserted into an animal's skin, which is good because I wanna be a vet.

XD you'd make a lousy vet if you couldn't give animals shots... I wouldn't be able to. After seeing how my dogs reacted to shots.  ono

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 08, 04:21:59 #33 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 08, 04:25:30 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 08, 04:01:14

XD you'd make a lousy vet if you couldn't give animals shots... I wouldn't be able to. After seeing how my dogs reacted to shots.  ono

I think they usually give the shots in the cats' and dogs' scruffs, so it hurts a lot less. But my cat Rose didn't take her shot very well, since she seemed in pain afterward and just wanted to lay in my lap and not move. Poor baby. She made her weird angry "Meh nyeh mn mn neh!" noises at me any time I needed to move her.

I fear something happening to my precious cats, Rose and Callie. :c I had to treat an abscess on Callie's chin once. I was home alone when the need to treat it arose, and it was a little hard to hold her down to do it. I felt bad putting hydrogen peroxide on it at the end. That stuff stings.

[Edit]: Have I neglected to mention that I'm paranoid of windows at night? X3 Dunno why. I don't wanna be able to see out them because that means someone can see in.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 08, 04:21:59
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 08, 04:01:14

I think they usually give the shots in the cats' and dogs' scruffs, so it hurts a lot less. But my cat Rose didn't take her shot very well, since she seemed in pain afterward and just wanted to lay in my lap and not move. Poor baby. She made her weird angry "Meh nyeh mn mn neh!" noises at me any time I needed to move her.

I fear something happening to my precious cats, Rose and Callie. :c I had to treat an abscess on Callie's chin once. I was home alone when the need to treat it arose, and it was a little hard to hold her down to do it. I felt bad putting hydrogen peroxide on it at the end. That stuff stings.

[Edit]: Have I neglected to mention that I'm paranoid of windows at night? X3 Dunno why. I don't wanna be able to see out them because that means someone can see in.
This is slightly off topic, but, my dogs got their shots in the flank, or well.. the hip? haha and they flipped out. One of them tried to bit the nurse. (but that was because the nurse was super rude and he could sense that she was a meanie and that made him uncomfortable.) and the other one had an allergic reaction or something and his whole face puffed up.  ono

To stay on topic~
I am also afraid of war... knowing all the terrible things that've happened in history.. I never wanna be alive during a war like WWI or II... ((I would say I never wanna be alive during a war at all, but there is always war.  :I ))

Book Smarts

The only time I would hate needles is when you have an inexperienced doctor who doesn't know where the best painless spot to administer the shot is. 8D

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 08, 10:24:02
The only time I would hate needles is when you have an inexperienced doctor who doesn't know where the best painless spot to administer the shot is. 8D

I had a nurse that HAD NO CLUE what they were doing once... I almost sprouted a 2ed head... anyway It hurt like I never thought a shot could hurt

lurk852

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 08, 10:24:02

Eugh, yes.

The last time I tried to give blood, the person inserting the needle hit the wrong place on my arm... not only did it hurt a lot, it made the area around it swell up until it was huge, and they weren't even able to get more than a few drops of blood. And then they told me I couldn't give blood for another two months, just on the technicality that they got a tiny bit from me that time...  >:/

Soft Fang

The 'usual' stuff that humanity fear too. Like being eaten alive, drowning, not finding love, things like that.

Zaner-Boy

I hate rollercoasters. I could list everything small that I fear, but I'd be here all day. On the note of shots, I got a shot in the mouth when getting some cavities filled and the dentist didn't even bother to warn me. She just called it numbing. It wasn't that bad, but when I felt it pierce the skin I knew it was a shot and it freaked me out a bit.

Go Up