The Ebony Comet [Private: Waaaaaaah]

Started by annosrules, 2016 Aug 12, 20:22:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

annosrules

@waaaaaaah

(I'm not 100% about this right now, so expect slight edits that shouldn't alter anything about the plot or affect the characters.)

The classroom began an uproar as the professor of the Canterlot University's Astronomy class announced the re-emergence of the fabled Ebony Comet after it was last sighted more than a millennia ago. The mare quickly quieted the class in order to finish her announcement and detailing of the mysterious celestial body, as well as inform the class of a very special opportunity to observe the comet and do research on in from high in the Foal Mountain observatory. "Do not look upon outing lightly," the mare warned sternly," as it is a project of the utmost importance, and will be a strenuous exercise of all your skills gained thus far. As such, consider your final reports and findings on the project as your final exam." The bell rang out an interruption to any further announcements, and so the class was dismissed after the announcement that the trip would be commencing in the morning, "So you better get yourselves prepared, as the stars wait for no mare."

A rugged looking earth pony sat across from Star Driver in the class, his burgundy fur and sun bleached mane setting him apart from the more pastel unicorns that formed the majority at the school. While he did well in all of his classes, he was known for not being "fully there" and always seemed distracted in his classes, especially ones like Colours and even Astronomy. However, the mention of a trip seemed to have peaked his interest, as no one could deny the attention he put to every word that the Professor had said thus far.

waaaaaaah

(that's alright)

Star Diver was ecstatic. The rare appearance of a celestial body! And during his lifetime! He could barely contain his excitement as he packed up his things, his mind conjuring up all sorts of fantasies of what the comet would look like. Lost in his thoughts, he accidentally bumped into the burgundy earth pony sitting next to him.

"S-Sorry," Star mumbled an apology.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

annosrules

The stallion gathered his things quickly in response to the bell, having never been one to stick around after class. His inks and papers went neatly into his weathered saddlebags, while his quill that resembled a feather from a Pheonix was replaced into the scarlet sash of his favorite hat.

Rising from his seat without so much as a breath to be heard, the earth pony was surprised by the sudden impediment upon his person, as a blue-hued unicorn crashed in against his side. But to the surprised face of the apologetic unicorn, the earth pony had only a chuckling, "keep your eyes open next time," to offer.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

waaaaaaah

"Y-Yeah,"  Star mumbled again, feeling his cheeks heat up in embarrassment. He made for the door in haste, nearly tripping over his legs.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

The stallion rolled his eyes as he walked past the woefully accident prone unicorn. "You should really work on that before tomorrow, it's a treacherous hike from the Train Station to the Observatory," he warns in his passage.

(Gonna skip to tomorrow, so post any preparations you wish to make in the meantime.
PS, sorry for dropping off, been distracted. @waaaaaaah )

waaaaaaah

(that's okay, you were busy X3)

"I-I could get there faster and m-more efficiently than y-you," Star muttered in response. He turned his mind to what he would need for the next day. Definitely plenty of water...
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

2016 Aug 18, 21:49:37 #6 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 20, 09:42:11 by annosrules
The next morning came early, with all of the students having to rise with the dawn to make the train. The station its self was bustling with activity as the various students were talking in their respective cliques and their luggage piled up a short distance away. The professor, one Mrs. Star Chaser, was now joined by a tall brown unicorn with an Afro and a cinnamon bun cutie mark, as well as a charcoal foal who had fiery hair and no cutie mark. The stallion from earlier was also nearby, sitting on a bench alongside a relatively lightly packed saddlebag that didn't appear to be all that different from what he brought to class.

waaaaaaah

(I think you meant 'clique' X3)

Star dropped off his saddlebags by the luggage, huffing and puffing. He'd brought a lot of notebooks and textbooks along, though he was starting to wonder if there was going to be any need for them at all. He removed a bottle of water, and started gulping it down.
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

(Thanks, must've had a slip of the mind, or got autocorrected :P)

The Prof's horn begins to glow as she speaks with an amplified voice, addressing the class saying, "Alright, now settle down all of you. The Train will be here any minute and I need to take attendance before we can board. On that note, I believe some introductions are in order for my husband Cinnamon Swirl, and my son Match Stick." The afro'd stallion steps forward and greets the class cheerfully before nudging his son to do the same. "Oh, I'm Match Stick," the foal announced energetically. Prof. Chaser stepped forward once more saying, "Alright, now I need you all to line up so that I can take attendance.

waaaaaaah

Star waved at the little foal before getting into line with the other students. He became visibly excited; they were about to start their trip!
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

The foal didn't even notice star amongst the crowd, be it the chaos of the crowded platform or his own excitement keeping him distracted.

Though everypony seemed to be lining up quite nicely, Star could easily notice one exception as the class doser was back to his old self, and still sat slouched on the bench where Star had last seen him.

waaaaaaah

(a little close to god modding territory X3)

"H-Hey!" Star whispered as loudly as he could to the dozing earth pony without alerting Mrs. Chaser. "W-We're lining up n-now!"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

-Me

My OCs

annosrules

2016 Aug 23, 09:13:14 #12 Last Edit: 2016 Aug 23, 09:24:12 by annosrules
(Sorry, was trying to offer something as being obvious, I will include "might notice" from now on. Also. I said "could easily notice", meaning that Star didn't have to, but he "could". :P)

The pony jumps to attention, nearly loosing his hat in the process. [Color=green]"I'm ready,"[/color] he inadvertently shouted out, as if he was late to something and needed to hastily insure that nopony would leave him behind. He stands in the shock and embarrassment of what had just occurred for a few moments, before turning to Star and bashfully apologizing to him, "Heh, I guess we both have problems, my name's is Blazing Legend, by the way."

waaaaaaah

(I'll PM you about it :P)

Star hesitated for a moment, then spoke: "I-I'm Star Diver. Um, pleasure to m-meet you."
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

Blaze smiles at Star before making his way towards the line, clearly more intent on getting on with the trip than delaying it any further with friendly banter.

Assuming that everypony made it into the line, Prof. Chaser begins to take attendance, loading each pony onto the train in role call order. The trip itself had no formal groupings or seating arrangements, so everypony was inclined to form their own groups and to sit with whomever they pleased.

Star's name is called, and the bus seems rather filled by this point, though one could find all manner of colorful characters who sat in a nearly empty row, with maybe only one or two other ponies with them.

waaaaaaah

Star was feeling pretty nervous as he stepped onto the train. He wasn't used to dealing with this many ponies in such an enclosed space. He made for the empty row, intending to sit as far away from the others as he could.
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

As the L's loaded onto the coach, Blaze walks by Star, apparently unsatisfied by the many seats he left behind as he neared the sparsely filled rear seats.

waaaaaaah

Star watched Legend go by, unsure whether or not he should be offering the earth pony to sit by him.
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

Star's window shut as Blaze walked by him, leaving the seats to be filled by other classmates who didn't seem to interested in Diver, as they seemed to only want to talk amongst themselves and a small group of select others who sat nearby.

It wasn't long for the train to get moving, and soon the class was moving hastily towards their destination. Food trolleys circulated the halls of the coaches, and the passengers were free to get up and move around for the remainder of the train ride.

waaaaaaah

Star's belly growled; he hadn't eaten much for breakfast, and was grateful to see food being passed around. He got up and flagged down a passing food trolley.
-Me

My OCs

Go Up