The Adventures of the Royal Guard, a New Beginning (Sign-up RP)

Started by annosrules, 2015 Sep 15, 17:00:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

annosrules

You are a new recruit or transfer to Fort Donewell, which is under the command of Sargent Match Stick. This fortress is built right into the Macintosh Mountains, and acts as a training facility for both Border Security to the Badlands, and to continue the training of highly credited Guardsponies. Those that stay to become Border Guards don't have to go far, as Fort Donewell is just a pebbles throw down the mountain form the border. With the badlands being just a stones throw away, and the uncertainty that comes with joining the ranks of the Royal Guard, this wont be an experience that you're going to be forgetting soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Stick never missed rotation day. The saying of goodbyes to the graduates, and the welcoming of the new recruits and transfers, it was all too much to miss. Even he had to let go a sigh of disappointment at the sight of the caravan of new Guardsponies and old friends disappearing off into the horizon. So with his cache of Ace Guardsponies depleted, Match waits anxiously at his desk for the first of the newbies to arrive.

Maplewood

maple arrived with his cart full of equipment, after giving his orders to his assistant he walked over to the hq to go great the commanding officer

annosrules

Stacks of papers line Sergeant Match Stick's large oak desk. He raises his head to meet the gaze of Maplewood as he enters Match's office. "Please sit down and make yourself comfortable," he says while indicating towards a chair on the opposite side of the desk as him.

Maplewood

"is that how you great an old friend" maple chuckled sitting down

annosrules

"Don't be expecting any favoritism due to our past, Maplewood, I have a state of discipline to keep in order. That being said, I am glad that you took me up on my offer to join me here at Fort Donewell."

((Hope that this is alright with you.))

Maplewood

waaaaaaah

"Well, this is the place," Book Keeper said aloud, taking in Fort Donewell. It looked pretty impressive for a Royal Guard base, as far as she could tell.

"I'm a new recruit here," she told a guard pony standing at the entrance, handing him her official papers. "I've been assigned to Corporal Autumn Leaf."
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

annosrules

"Right this way ma'am," the Guardspony replies, leading Book Keeper towards a door with a brass plaque reading "Corporal Autumn Leaf".

waaaaaaah

"Thanks,"  Book said to the guardspony.  She knocked on the door, feeling a little nervous.
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"Come in," the starkly feminine voice of Col. Autumn Leaf calls out.

waaaaaaah

Book entered the office; there was a mare in uniform sitting behind a desk. Unsure of what she should do, she nevertheless saluted and said:

"Recruit Book Keeper reporting for duty, ma'am!"
-Me

My OCs

Maplewood

"well I better get over to the lab and help unpack things then " maple sighed getting up and giving a simple salute out of respect as he are it down the hallway. As he walked he couldn't help but wonder if match was stressed out

annosrules

"Very good Book Keeper, but lets leave the formalities until after I become your superior officer, shall we? Now if you'd just sign these papers here, you can be on your way to basic training." Col. Leaf pushes a stack of papers across her desk to Book Keeper. Each place requiring a signature on the pages is clearly labeled.

waaaaaaah

Book nodded, and got straight to work signing the forms. She was surprised at the sheer number of them.

"Ugh, how many more are there?" Book groaned after the fifteenth paper.
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"You're done most of it, and if mere paperwork has gotten you begging for mercy, then I do question your ability to complete basic training."

waaaaaaah

Book rolled her eyes at the corporal's comment, but kept silent, and was soon done.

"There! Now what?"
-Me

My OCs

annosrules

"Now what, ma'am." Autumn corrects before continuing the orientation and assignment by saying, "Welcome to the Royal Guard Pvt. Keeper, you are to report to basic training in the area indicated by the map provided in the briefing pamphlet and accompanying Royal Guard Handbook Vol. XXIII.5." Col. Leaf then hands Book a pamphlet and a large book with the prescribed title. "You are dismissed."

The pamphlet shows that basic training happens in the western wing of the fort. It shouldn't take too long to get there provided the halls aren't too congested.

Maplewood

as maple enters his new laboratory his assistant runes over to great him"hey boss how did it go" he asked a little curious" it could have been better, Match seams to have a lot on his mind" maple replied moving out of the way of a unicorn guard who was moving a heavy box.

waaaaaaah

Book nodded, and left immediately. Once outside, she concentrated slightly; the low glow from her horn was absorbed by a  dark hole that appeared in front of her. She levitated the book inside, then closed it.

"Hmm," Book mused as she leafed through the pamphlet. "So that's where it is."

She immediately headed in the direction of the western wing, intending to be on time.

(the hole is a pocket dimension)
-Me

My OCs

StarrBee

Quick Silver approached the rather impressive Fort Donewell. She carried nothing but a fairly small saddle bag, containing a few neccesities. She took over the sight of the Fort, feeling quite small compared to the building. She took a deep breath, and looked over to a guardpony standing by the entrance.

She approached calmly, and cleared her throat quickly and quietly before speaking.
"Excuse me? I'm a new recruit, and I'm not sure where to go. I've been assigned to Sergeant Match Stick, and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?" She requested, smiling politely.

Go Up