Canterlot: City of Light! City of Magic! (Open/Jump in RP.)

Started by Onyx Quill, 2017 Nov 29, 00:03:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nightshade Star

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Dec 05, 16:06:30*Onyx shrugs*

"She seems like the smart type. Runs in the family, eh?"

I nod, but still I'm unsure what to say.

(HAPPPY BIRTHDAY @indigoEruption )

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Dec 05, 16:06:30*Onyx shrugs*

"She seems like the smart type. Runs in the family, eh?"

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Dec 05, 16:11:26I nod, but still I'm unsure what to say.

(HAPPPY BIRTHDAY @indigoEruption )

Oh, she's by far the smart cookie between us.I mean, look where she studies! X3

(Happy birthday, @indigoEruption  :D )
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Dec 05, 17:09:07Oh, she's by far the smart cookie between us.I mean, look where she studies! X3

(Happy birthday, @indigoEruption  :D )

*Onyx snorts*

"Still no school for gifted Earth Ponies."

*He looks around a few times, then starts trotting off toward a small group of shops*

"Be right back. Have to go say hi to somepony."
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

indigoEruption

((Thank you both so much!!))
Ink raised his brows at Zacharie's comment, eyes filled with curiosity. The back room? Really? Can he really? His cheeks did redden a bit as he realized fillies bought dolls as well, but that wouldn't stop him. He walked with his friends to the backroom, of course curious on what kind of dolls the other has in stock.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: indigoEruption on 2017 Dec 05, 18:01:10((Thank you both so much!!))
Ink raised his brows at Zacharie's comment, eyes filled with curiosity. The back room? Really? Can he really? His cheeks did redden a bit as he realized fillies bought dolls as well, but that wouldn't stop him. He walked with his friends to the backroom, of course curious on what kind of dolls the other has in stock.

((Happy birthday! :)  ))
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Dec 05, 17:44:19*Onyx snorts*

"Still no school for gifted Earth Ponies."

*He looks around a few times, then starts trotting off toward a small group of shops*

"Be right back. Have to go say hi to somepony."

O-ok, then we'll wait for you! *curious about where he's running off to*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Dec 06, 17:38:43O-ok, then we'll wait for you! *curious about where he's running off to*

*Onyx walks up to a tan-coated stallion, who's carrying a foal with a dark blue coat on his back. He greets the pair. The stallion's face lights up on seeing Onyx, and he pulls him into a friendly embrace. They talk for several minutes, then Onyx appears to give the stallion a flier of some sort. They bump hooves, and the stallion trots off with the foal in tow. Onyx canters back to Scarlet.*

"Old friend of mine. Dewshine wanted me to invite some more ponies to the lecture, so I invited him. Nice guy. His name's Tater Mash. You'd like him."

ScarletInk

Your lecture is surely going to be very interesting! I used to really love when other ponies than my Teachers came to give us lectures! Though...

*Scarlet tampers her enthusiam a little.*

I'm not a student anymore. X3

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Dec 16, 15:14:49Your lecture is surely going to be very interesting! I used to really love when other ponies than my Teachers came to give us lectures! Though...

*Scarlet tampers her enthusiam a little.*

I'm not a student anymore. X3

*Onyx smiles*
It'll be... informative. Don't expect greatness though. Never was good at speeches"

Onyx Quill

*Onyx quietly slips away from the others. He trots down the road toward a city park. In the middle of it, there's a statue of an Equestrian soldier of the Great War. His head is bowed, and a rifle leans against his shoulder. *

*Onyx solemnly approaches a wall in a semi-circle around the statue. It is engraved with over 3,000 names. A memorial plaque reads "Dedicated to the Brave Soldiers of the Fifth Canterlot Brigade who Laid Down their Lives in the Defense of Prance during the Great War, 1914-1917. All Gave Some. Some Gave All...*

Nightshade Star

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Dec 17, 21:16:33*Onyx quietly slips away from the others. He trots down the road toward a city park. In the middle of it, there's a statue of an Equestrian soldier of the Great War. His head is bowed, and a rifle leans against his shoulder. *

*Onyx solemnly approaches a wall in a semi-circle around the statue. It is engraved with over 3,000 names. A memorial plaque reads "Dedicated to the Brave Soldiers of the Fifth Canterlot Brigade who Laid Down their Lives in the Defense of Prance during the Great War, 1914-1917. All Gave Some. Some Gave All...*
I noticed Onyx quietly slipping away. "Wait for a sec, guys," I said, then followed Onyx down. I looked at the statue, which most likely was from the Great War here.

(Btw- What year is it in the setting?)

ScarletInk

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2017 Dec 17, 21:16:33*Onyx quietly slips away from the others. He trots down the road toward a city park. In the middle of it, there's a statue of an Equestrian soldier of the Great War. His head is bowed, and a rifle leans against his shoulder. *

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Dec 18, 07:58:45I noticed Onyx quietly slipping away. "Wait for a sec, guys," I said, then followed Onyx down. I looked at the statue, which most likely was from the Great War here.

*Scarlet too saw Onyx leaving the group, but she doesn't follow him: during their trip together, she learned how he sometimes needs to be left alone.
She doesn't stop Night, though, knowing she can't impose herself on her.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Dec 18, 07:58:45I noticed Onyx quietly slipping away. "Wait for a sec, guys," I said, then followed Onyx down. I looked at the statue, which most likely was from the Great War here.

((Equestria uses a different calendar, which reset to year zero at Luna's return. It's 1924 by the Old World calendar, so the war ended about seven years ago. It's now year 5 by Equestria's new calendar.)).

Onyx Quill

*Onyx quietly looks at the wall, his emotions building. He traces his hoof down the black stone, looking for certain names. He stops and whispers to himself.*

"Lance Corporal Gray Hoof. C Company. 5th Royal Fusiliers. 2nd of Sun's Fire, 1916..."

Onyx Quill

*Onyx turns around and notices Night. He manages a smile*

"Hey Night! Just paying my respects. Don't mind me."

Onyx Quill

Early in the morning. Two days later.

*Dewshine arrives at the lecture hall. Bright and early. Today's lesson is going to be special. Not just because of the content, which is very near and dear to her heart, but also because of the ponies attending. Aside from her students, who are mostly upper-class Canterlot ponies, several nobles have been invited. Three of the Princesses, Celestia, Luna, and Twilight, will be in the audience too. Dewshine lifts a piece of chalk in her magic aura, and begins writing on the blackboard...*

1st of Sun's Fire, 1916
Star Swirl Corps Sector near Bridemont-en-Selle, Prance.

*She steps back for a moment and looks at the words. Her mind briefly goes back to that morning. She shakes away these thoughts and keeps writing...*

*In his rented room, Onyx carefully and reverently adjusts his Army dress uniform. Cover (hat) on properly. The tunic perfectly centered on his frame, buttons, badges, and medals all polished to a keen shine. Sergeant's stripes on his sleeve. He's prepared his uniform as if he was back in the army, getting ready for an inspection from Celestia herself. He reaches up almost unconsciously and touches the badge just above his campaign ribbons. Two crossed swords flanked by emblems of the sun and moon. This is his Combat Action Badge, only given to soldiers who served on the front line. Like most Great War soldiers, this badge is sacred to him.*

ScarletInk

*Scarlet and Lily both get prepared for the lecture, though with completely different objectives: the younger sister is getting ready to another day of learning, though a special lesson is coming to pass, while the older one...
She has a stallion to impress and she has to look at the note with a particular friend's address to encourage herself.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 12, 14:11:05*Scarlet and Lily both get prepared for the lecture, though with completely different objectives: the younger sister is getting ready to another day of learning, though a special lesson is coming to pass, while the older one...
She has a stallion to impress and she has to look at the note with a particular friend's address to encourage herself.*

*Standing up straight in his military posture, Onyx walks out of his room and out into the hall. A few ponies standing around in the hotel take notice. Bon Bon and Lyra, who are in Canterlot for some reason, whistle appreciatively. Onyx gives them a smirk and bow of his head as he walks past.*

"Good morning to you both!" *He's talking like a gentlecolt.*

"Hey you!" *Lyra answers* "I might be mistaken, but I think Scarlet will approve greatly!"

*Onyx blushes slightly, then controls himself*

"Hope so. But I'm wearing the uniform because it's a formal setting and there will be royalty present. It's required. I'm totally not wearing it to impress Scarlet!"

*He says, though he's not even trying to sound convincing*

ScarletInk

You're wearing make-up.

Shush you.

And perfume.

I deny it.

And you asked me to borrow my nicest blouse.

I just want to look presentable, Onyx has nothing to do with it!

Who talked about Onyx?

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 12, 15:14:09You're wearing make-up.

Shush you.

And perfume.

I deny it.

And you asked me to borrow my nicest blouse.

I just want to look presentable, Onyx has nothing to do with it!

Who talked about Onyx?

*Onyx trots through the Canterlot morning toward Lily and Scarlet's place. It's a bit chilly. Passing the lecture hall, he catches sight of several other ponies in army uniforms. Including one wearing a Germane Officer's dress uniform.*

"Interesting. I'll have to  say hello to him."

*He arrives at the sisters' place and knocks on the door*

Go Up