Canterlot: City of Light! City of Magic! (Open/Jump in RP.)

Started by Onyx Quill, 2017 Nov 29, 00:03:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Onyx Quill

Welcome to Canterlot! Capitol of Equestria, and home of the Royal Sisters! From the palace, Celestia and Luna keep watch over the land, while the Royal Guards in their gleaming armor keep trouble at bay on the streets. The Royal Palace in all its splendor is the most recognizable landmark in the city, but there are plenty of other famous places around. From Celestia's school to the many grand libraries and fine restaurants, you won't get bored.

Who knows? You may even run into one of the Princesses, and other very famous ponies are known to frequent the city, too.

But like anyplace else, Canterlot has its darker side. From low-level thieves to scheming nobles, there's plenty of trouble to be found if you're not careful.

Jump in and have fun!

We'll start this out as a slice-of-life/random RP, but some interesting things happen in Canterlot. Nobles plotting, Changeling/Storm King invasions, etc. Be on the lookout for the unexpected.

Want to join? Just provide the following info.

Name:
Race:
Talent:
Personality:
Misc: (Just any extra info)

Spoiler: show
Name:Onyx Quill
Race: Earth
Talent: Writing. Carrot eating. Good in a fight, since he used to be a soldier.
Personality: He's friendly and nice most of the time, if a bit shy. Has a good sense of humor, and likes to have fun. His past as a soldier/war veteran left a deep impression on him. He can get depressed from time to time, and anypony who threatens his family or friends might quickly learn how fierce he can be. He's not great with close friendships, and has a tendency to push ponies away if they start getting really close to him.

Appearance: https://orig00.deviantart.net/3927/f/2017/297/1/5/untitled_by_onyxquill4583-dbrnh64.png
Current Occupation: Writer/traveling storyteller/carrot eater
Former Occupation: Soldier.
Misc: He also enjoys stargazing and astronomy.

Name: Dewshine
Race: Unicorn
Talent: Combat magic.
Personality: Being from a minor noble family, Deshine carries herself with an easy grace most of the time. She's at home in the "upper crust" of Canterlot society. Beneath that noble exterior is the heart of a soldier. She's very loyal to her friends, especially those she served with, and can be utterly fearless. She can be impulsive, and doesn't always think things through.

Appearance:
Current Occupation: Teaches combat magic and history at Celestia's School.
Former Occupation: Soldier
Misc: She served with Onyx in Prance.

*Onyx happily trotted through the streets of Canterlot, having finally arrived in the morning after a long road trip. The bright buildings and happy residents always had a way of making his mood more sunny. In the distance, the Royal Palace shone like the sun itself. Onyx had been there a couple of times, but the palace had never held any great interest for him. He much preferred the shops and restaurants of the outer districts. Wandering the streets brought back a tide of memories. Some good, some bad. His eyes fell on a small salon tucked away in a row of buildings in a rougher part of the city. Years ago, that building served as a recruiting station for the Equestrian Army. It was where he took his first steps toward becoming a soldier. He pushed those thoughts out of his mind for now. So much to do, and only so much daylight to do it in.*

Meanwhile in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns

*Dewshine levitated a piece of chalk and scribbled on an enormous blackboard. Today, she would be beginning a series of public history lectures about the Great War. A topic difficult for her to discuss. Difficult, but necessary. The words of her old Sergeant came to mind: "I know it's not easy, Dew. But we HAVE to make the ponies at home understand. From what I've seen, they think of this business as some grand, heroic adventure. We might have won the war, but the cost was so high. Ponies like you, me, and all the rest? We can tell the story. Maybe make those in power think twice about doing this again." It was probably wishful thinking that the accounts of a few grunts could change the minds of nobility, but Dew would do her best. Hehe, "Dew would do?" Very witty, she thought to herself. She didn't want to let the Sergeant down.*
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Gamepaw

Spoiler: Gamepaw - Chubby Wolf • show
Name: Gamepaw
Species: Wolf
Colours: General base fur colour is a dark Navy (#453b66), He has multiple patches of (#8c73c9), longer, fluffy fur (#765fa7) such as around his (#5a4e86) hind legs or his neck. (#816bbb) Which are multiple shades of lighter purple (#7062a7). On the tips of his paws and his inner ears he has a pale purple (bba6ff). He also has a dark to light blue gradient tail and mane. Which goes from the darker (#42459a) to the much lighter (#7d8df1). He also has light blue eyes (#74d4ff). His pawpads happen to be a lighter blue-ish purple in colours (#9d94fb).
Personality: Gamepaw is a fairly outgoing wolf, not to shy down from anything, bullies and the like. He tends to be kind, fatherly or loving, enjoying looking after others and will even put himself in the way if he sees something he doesn't like. He also tends to very food absorbing, commonly seen eating some sort of baked good, mainly pie as his favourite.
However as a feral or a pet character, he is fairly helpless due to his chubbiness getting the better of him, he can also be scared or become afraid very easily, due to his large weight and general helplessness if he knows something will happen and he knows he can't get away or escape.
Physical Description:  A pudgy wolf by no doubt as his constant snacking catches up with him, but it doesn't cause him much of an issue outside of his feral/pet form. Comparatively being a lot skinnier than the four legged counterpart. As an anthro character he also sometimes has a long extended tail, capable of wrapping around things such as others or his neck like a scarf. As a pet, he can normally been seen with a purple collar on, however it keeps having to be replaced due to his weight and size.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Wild:
Growing up in a pack, Game was never liked the other wolves. He tended to act more like a carer or parent to the pups than the hunter/gatherer he was supposed to be. His more stationary life style left him with a softer physique which caused discussion amongst the others. The pups didn't seem to mind though as they played with the pudgy wolf near the pack den, it was good training for taking down the larger and heavier animals.
When it was time to move, the pack leaders took the pups on their back and began running off to a new location, not telling Game where it was and easily leaving him in the dust due to the speed difference. They considered him a waste of effort and resources and decided to let him fend for his own, something he did not do very well.
Game ended up surviving mainly on the plants and any scraps he could find left behind by campers or litterers.
Spoiler: Image • show

Just imagine him a bit chubbier/floofier or fatter.

Onyx Quill

*Dewshine levitates a sheaf of papers off her desk and begins arranging them. Her students begin filing into the lecture hall, she beckons to one of them ( @ScarletInk )*

"Precious Lily? Could I talk to you for a moment? Don't worry, you're not in trouble."

-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

Name: Precious Lily
Talent: Emotion Magic and Empathy
Personality: friendly, hardworking and outgoing, outside of her studies and work she can be pretty lazy and disorganized, not being really kin on house chores unless she's going to have guests over. She also doesn't have a great sense of humour and can result pretty dry in her response.
Occupation: Student at the School for Gifted Unicorns, part-time waitress
Misc: she really loves her big sister, Scarlet Ink, but since they're pretty different they often tend to bicker and squabble

Yeah, Miss Shine? *the sandy blonde mare asked, turning back to her teacher with the faintest hint of worry in her voice while she stops on her way toward her place*

Meanwhile, outside the school, wondering if she should enter...

Name: Scarlet Ink
Race: Earth Pony
Talent:Writing
Personality: Scarlet is a very kind and a bit naive mare that is generically prone to fall in maternal attitudes: she likes to take cares of others and is a good shoulder to cry on, always having a sweet word for anypony who needs it. She's also very passionate about her work and loves talking and bonding with her clients, often meeting them out of work and hanging around Ponyville.
Despite her being usually well accepted by others, Scarlet doesn't have a good self-esteem: past experiences brought her to underestimate herself and to think she's easily replaceable with somepony better than her. To prevent this, she sometimes exaggerates her attempts at being useful to others, overwhelming herself, and hides her feelings to keep a strong and calm facade.

*Scarlet watches up at the school's doors, pacing on her hooves: she really wants to get in and see her sister, but probably right now she's having a class.
Maybe she can surprise her later!
But what if she has to work? She doesn't remember her working time, what if she's bothering her?
... She's nervous, she hasn't seen her sister in months.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 29, 15:41:59
Name: Precious Lily
Talent: Emotion Magic and Empathy
Personality: friendly, hardworking and outgoing, outside of her studies and work she can be pretty lazy and disorganized, not being really kin on house chores unless she's going to have guests over. She also doesn't have a great sense of humour and can result pretty dry in her response.
Occupation: Student at the School for Gifted Unicorns, part-time waitress
Misc: she really loves her big sister, Scarlet Ink, but since they're pretty different they often tend to bicker and squabble

Yeah, Miss Shine? *the sandy blonde mare asked, turning back to her teacher with the faintest hint of worry in her voice while she stops on her way toward her place*

Meanwhile, outside the school, wondering if she should enter...

Name: Scarlet Ink
Race: Earth Pony
Talent:Writing
Personality: Scarlet is a very kind and a bit naive mare that is generically prone to fall in maternal attitudes: she likes to take cares of others and is a good shoulder to cry on, always having a sweet word for anypony who needs it. She's also very passionate about her work and loves talking and bonding with her clients, often meeting them out of work and hanging around Ponyville.
Despite her being usually well accepted by others, Scarlet doesn't have a good self-esteem: past experiences brought her to underestimate herself and to think she's easily replaceable with somepony better than her. To prevent this, she sometimes exaggerates her attempts at being useful to others, overwhelming herself, and hides her feelings to keep a strong and calm facade.

*Scarlet watches up at the school's doors, pacing on her hooves: she really wants to get in and see her sister, but probably right now she's having a class.
Maybe she can surprise her later!
But what if she has to work? She doesn't remember her working time, what if she's bothering her?
... She's nervous, she hasn't seen her sister in months.*

*Dewshine gives Precious a note on academy paper*

"I wonder if you could take this to the wireless station after class? It's for my old Sergeant from the Royal Fusiliers. I'd like for him to come talk to our class sometime this next week. If he's interested, of course"

Meanwhile in the restaurant district

*Onyx had just finished a wonderful breakfast at Pony Joe's. One of his favorite places in Equestria. He quietly wonders how Scarlet is doing with her sister. He decides to go check. Maybe push her through the door...*

ScarletInk

Oh, of course!

*Precious takes the notes and sticks them inside her bag.*

How will I recognize him? I know he retired but aside from that not much.

---

*Scarlet is still walking up and down in front of the entrance, but since some guards are looking at her funny she starts to think she may better come back later.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 29, 17:06:50Oh, of course!

*Precious takes the notes and sticks them inside her bag.*

How will I recognize him? I know he retired but aside from that not much.

---

*Scarlet is still walking up and down in front of the entrance, but since some guards are looking at her funny she starts to think she may better come back later.*

*From a distance, Onyx sees Scarlet pacing and gives a tired sigh.*

"Guess I'll have to push her."

*He approaches quickly. Scarlet doesn't seem to notice him. He taps her on the shoulder*

"Umm, my dear Scarlet? She's your sister. She's not Celestia herself..."

ScarletInk

Wargh!!! :I

*Scarlet is so absorbed in her thoughts that when Onyx taps her shoulder she gives out a yelp and jumps, startled.*

... Onyx, it's just you... *relieved*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 29, 17:26:46Wargh!!! :I

*Scarlet is so absorbed in her thoughts that when Onyx taps her shoulder she gives out a yelp and jumps, startled.*

... Onyx, it's just you... *relieved*

"... Do you... Need me to carry you on my back?"

*He says with a half grin*

"I'll go with you, if it helps. One of my old Army friends teaches here."

ScarletInk

What? On your back? I'm fine, really! I just...Well, probably lessons are still going on, so it would be little to no polite to interrupt just because I want to see my sis, so I'll think I'll come back-ouch!

*In her haste to retreat, Scarlet ends up butting her flank against a street lamp.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2017 Nov 29, 17:39:53What? On your back? I'm fine, really! I just...Well, probably lessons are still going on, so it would be little to no polite to interrupt just because I want to see my sis, so I'll think I'll come back-ouch!

*In her haste to retreat, Scarlet ends up butting her flank against a street lamp.*

*Onyx facehoofs and sighs*

"Come on, let's go." *He lifts Scarlet up, and seems to be balancing her on his head, somehow... He carries her through the door and into the school. Ponies are streaming out of classrooms. He plops Scarlet down on the floor.*

"Now, let's find your sister while I..." *He spots an aqua green-coated mare with a beautiful, flowing gold mane. He sighs again*

"While I deal with the Corporal's non-regulation mane cut."

*Quietly, he thinks about Scarlet's attempt to escape and again wonders: "Can she NOT be adorable for two seconds?!"*

Gamepaw

Game, having gotten separated from the ponies he was travelling with before, went back to doing what he was doing before. Scavenging.

The chubby canine rustled and digged through the trash outside, of the unicorn school in Canterlot, a lot of food was used in the magic testing so it always allowed the food loving wolf to get his fill.

Nightshade Star

(Maybe continuation of Campfire stories? Ima join and u already know Night, but ima set up a sign up sheet soon)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Nov 29, 19:12:54(Maybe continuation of Campfire stories? Ima join and u already know Night, but ima set up a sign up sheet soon)

(Yeah, this is after CS. :)  )

Gamepaw

(If this is a continuation of Campfire, should really have said that. Cause Game would have stayed with Onyx after campfire, is what I imagined. Instead of going back into the wild.

I could delete the others and re-do them all.)

Nightshade Star

2017 Nov 29, 19:23:17 #15 Last Edit: 2018 May 17, 15:27:07 by Nightshade Star
Name: Nightlight Shine
Talent: Advanced magic, and for some reason she teleports in a different way than normal unicorns.
Personality: Seriously energetic. She is clever, but she would rather discuss plans than take action in them because she's clumsy. She usually uses magic in combat if she needs to. Her mind can be occupated with a lot of thoughts and she usually can only focus on one thing. She can be extremely talkative at times and very quiet at times, but usually she's balanced in between.
Occupation: Nothing in the present, former student of Celestia.
Misc: (Just any extra info) She used to be a human, and came here five years ago. She has also made friends with Nightshade (a changeling that doesn't drain love) and is very trusted by her. She also has a crush on Miru, who is known as Ink Comet yet she can never call him Ink unless speaking out loud. She also has a tiny developing crush on Onyx.

Nightshade Star

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2017 Nov 29, 19:19:47(If this is a continuation of Campfire, should really have said that. Cause Game would have stayed with Onyx after campfire, is what I imagined. Instead of going back into the wild.

I could delete the others and re-do them all.)
(No it's fine, you can probably say that Violet found you in the wild and right now you guys are together)

Gamepaw

(I`ll come up with something when the characters meet.)

Nightshade Star

(Erm... how should I jump in)

I was walking around Canterlot, my former home, when I spotted Scarlet and Onyx together, in front of the school. I decided to trot up to them. "Bonjour, mon ami!" I said to them both, because I rly like speaking a little bit of French. "How's everything?"

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2017 Nov 29, 19:27:36(Erm... how should I jump in)

I was walking around Canterlot, my former home, when I spotted Scarlet and Onyx together, in front of the school. I decided to trot up to them. "Bonjour, mon ami!" I said to them both, because I rly like speaking a little bit of French. "How's everything?"

*Onyx, who's balancing Scarlet on his head somehow while carrying her inside, turns to Night and grins*

"Hey Night! Just giving our dear friend here a boost."

Go Up