The herd is growing

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Nov 18, 16:35:57

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

It's pretty awesome. I just hope most of the new people weren't forced to hard into it. But yeah, it really dawned on me now that two popular Youtubers have now been exposed to MLP. I don't think either of them are bronies, mostly considering that their exposure was minimal, but it's still pretty cool because their friends are the ones who caused them to see it.

I've already told everyone that Nalif caused Tobuscus to see some MLP because Nalif pulled up an episode on Netflix. Toby told us about it in a vlog. Later, in another vlog, he showed us a brief glimpse of his big ol' TV with Netflix pulled up, showing MLP on the menu. I think he mentioned the possibility of actually watching some of it, since he has watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and liked that. Of course, the relation between the two is that they're both cartoons that became very popular among teens.

Rythian, of the Yogscast, is Swedish, and I think he lives in Sweden. He's visiting the Yogtowers (Yogscast's office building) in Bristol, in England, for the weekend. He's been tweeting today about things he's watching with other Yogscast members. He tweeted "I am now watching My Little Pony with @Ravvys Zylus and @lomadia while wearing a squirrel hat. Ravs is a squid, Zylus has a fox hat." Lomadia = Hannah, who's known to be a brony.~

I think it's pretty awesome to hear about these people seeing MLP, but being led into it by their friends, watching it of their own choice.

What other famous peeps are bronies, though? ovO I've heard that one of the guys from Two Best Friends Play is a brony. The angry one is.

P.S. I quite like the expression "Join the herd" simply because it's whimsical. I find it pretty funny.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

It's cool to see more people, liking the show and not dismissing it by the way it looks or it's name.
(I didn't know Hannah was a fan that's pretty cool as well.)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 18, 17:23:27
It's cool to see more people, liking the show and not dismissing it by the way it looks or it's name.
(I didn't know Hannah was a fan that's pretty cool as well.)

Yesh! She made ponified versions of Lewis and Simon once and sang part of the intro! Also, on the BlueXephos channel, there's a really short ponified version of their series Shadow of Israphel, called Sunshine of Israpony. They used the Mine Little Pony mod. Hannah's skin was Luna, and she said to them in the chat "I'm a princess!"

Duncan's a less obvious brony, unless you actually pay attention, which... let's face it, people on Youtube don't pay very much attention at all most of the time. They don't often pay enough attention to connect puzzle pieces, put two-and-two together, and realize what I did:
Duncan's the one who plays Fumblemore and Knight Peculier in Shadow of Israphel. In Sunshine of Israpony, Knight Peculier's skin was DJ Pon3 at first. That means Duncan knew who DJ Pon3 is. Later, in the first Tekkit world, Duncan ended up with a giant wool Rainbow Dash statue near his house, and he didn't even mention it. He may have built it off-camera. Duncan = Brony??

Rissian

I dunno if Duncan is or not, if the view was from Hannah's side then all the players would look like random background ponies except for her. He could of built it or Hannah may have built it to mess with him.   ovO

Book Smarts

Had to have a laugh when Jesse Cox from OMFGCata became a brony  lol

Spoiler: show

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Nov 18, 20:23:27 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 18, 20:26:35 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 18, 18:28:53
I dunno if Duncan is or not, if the view was from Hannah's side then all the players would look like random background ponies except for her. He could of built it or Hannah may have built it to mess with him.   ovO

It was from Lewis's point of view, actually, and everyone had skins they'd chosen themselves. Lewis and Simon even kind of fussed at Duncan for having Knight Peculier not look like Knight Peculier, so he logged it off and logged it back on with an old man pony skin on it.

Lewis's pony looked like his usual Xephos skin but ponified, with the Star Trek communicator as his cutiemark. Simon's looked like his usual Honeydew skin but ponified, with a pickaxe as his cutiemark. Duncan's Fumblemore account was kind of a wizard unicorn, and since Fumblemore tends to use a stick as a wand, his horn was a stick.

It was funny how clueless Lewis and Simon were about MLP, though, and Simon patted himself on the back for saying "Give me a hoof." ovO It was kind of funny to hear "'Everypony'? Is that what they say in the show?"

Also, I dunno if Hannah was on the first Tekkit world or not. I know Duncan, Sjin, Rythian, Zoey, Teep, and a couple/few others were there, but I dunno if Hannah was.

Rissian

2012 Nov 18, 20:34:26 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 18, 23:08:52 by Trege
I need to watch that I may do that later tonight. So it's  Sunshine of Israpony? o_o
Edit :
"I can sort of feel the sunshine on my face everythings getting brighter."
"It's Night time."  lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 18, 20:34:26
I need to watch that I may do that later tonight. So it's  Sunshine of Israpony? o_o
Edit :
"I can sort of feel the sunshine on my face everythings getting brighter."
"It's Night time."  lol

ovO
Best thing is, you don't even have to have watched their Shadow of Israphel series to really know what's going on. Also, they go to Appleloosa and Ponyville, pass through Cloudsdale, and go to Canterlot. I kind of wonder who built those areas, if it was just Duncan or if Duncan and Hannah worked together on it. Peva might've helped.
Ah, that was back when Peva and Tinman were still in the Yogscast. :\

Go Up