How are we going to compete with the competition?

Started by QB57.117cal, 2012 Jul 03, 14:33:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SweBow

Quote from: Zbizo on 2012 Jul 04, 13:35:10
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 03, 16:16:45
This isn't competition. I wish them goodluck. Now, I shall continue working on a REAL game.  ^-^

It will turn into competition sooner or later when creators of first game will see feathures of second one and vice versa(?), but LoE creators have real 3d game look and who would leave new hatmaster for 2d mmo?  ovO

Except their game is so far singleplayer. You guys got to remember, we're not competing really. They can never have everything we will. I mean one things (plus many more) I will show at Galacon will blow some peoples minds.  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 04, 15:27:28
Quote from: Zbizo on 2012 Jul 04, 13:35:10
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 03, 16:16:45
This isn't competition. I wish them goodluck. Now, I shall continue working on a REAL game.  ^-^

It will turn into competition sooner or later when creators of first game will see feathures of second one and vice versa(?), but LoE creators have real 3d game look and who would leave new hatmaster for 2d mmo?  ovO

Except their game is so far singleplayer. You guys got to remember, we're not competing really. They can never have everything we will. I mean one things (plus many more) I will show at Galacon will blow some peoples minds.  ^-^

I will try to contain my brains within my skull. :I I can't wait.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

2012 Jul 04, 19:50:27 #22 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 04, 19:52:35 by Lord of Madness
Just so you all also know Tumblr is EXPLODING with LoE. With my help and my suggestions to other tumblr famouses at least 10,000 followers from my friends and I know that this game exists. My ask box OVERFLOWED with how positive my followers were about it recently. ^-^

But sense they are followers it means that they are forum lurkers. I update them from time to time on the game. Some things from what I hear from them just come in and look around the forums and leave to come back to lurk again for another time.

Zbizo

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 04, 19:50:27
But sense they are followers it means that they are forum lurkers. I update them from time to time on the game. Some things from what I hear from them just come in and look around the forums and leave to come back to lurk again for another time.

Now I thought about shadowlurker meme lol

@Swebow
sounds like Granny Smith during flimflam brothers song
QuoteI guarantee that what you have there won't compare
    For the very most important ingredient
    Can't be added or done expedient
    And it's quality, friends, Apple Acre's quality and care!

Fits perfectly for condition of both games, haha

thegrandfunkasaurus

Why do we have to be competing with them? Can't we just coexist as two very different games made by fans?

HerpyDooves

Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 05, 13:05:02
Why do we have to be competing with them? Can't we just coexist as two very different games made by fans?

We could only wish this would happen, but we all know once LoE comes out, there will be competition. I'm not saying that we'll want to compete, I'm saying there will be competitors, and all we can do is wish them luck.   

Ozzy

lurk852

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jul 05, 13:32:06
You could just, you know..
..play both.  :/

No. That is MADNESS. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Jul 05, 13:27:38
Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 05, 13:05:02

We could only wish this would happen, but we all know once LoE comes out, there will be competition. I'm not saying that we'll want to compete, I'm saying there will be competitors, and all we can do is wish them luck.   

I'm not so sure about that.  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

thegrandfunkasaurus

i mean, it's not like there's money involved and we have no reason to compete against them, so... yeah.  :]

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 05, 16:23:24
i mean, it's not like there's money involved and we have no reason to compete against them, so... yeah.  :]

Le my insanity wants to speak.

No competion? NO MONEY??? Money is surpemacy, and we CANNOT LET THE COMPETITION BE SUPREME!!!

Shut UP,  insanity!

BlackVortex

I can't even get there game to work. I tried, but why can't we all just play more than I pony game? :I
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Tekner

2012 Jul 05, 17:35:07 #31 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 05, 22:06:45 by Tekner
True that there is no monetary competition, but there still will be competition. Competition is a part of the human spirit that is here to stay for quite a while. Think about it: sure we won't care too much about the aspects of our games that are disimilar, but if an aspect of our game is similar enough to that of another game, we're going to care a lot more about it being up to par or better. Due to the generally benevolent nature of the fandom and the volunteer-oriented nature of the games, there won't be fighting, however, there still will be comparisons made and people who don't want to be working on the project that has fallen behind. That, like it or not, is competition.

I'm not trying to say that it all has to be vicious competition. For example, I'm on a robotics team that has gone to the world championships (VEX.) Even at the world championships, every single team has no problem helping out other teams when they need it most. We call it gracious professionalism. We want it to be a fair and challenging competition. The worst I've ever seen is teams refusing to tell other teams' scouts information about their robot, but those same teams still helped other by donating parts, programmers, or engineering advisors.

Blues-Music

RPG ,and MMORPG are too different it can't be a competition how will we compete against a different genre?

SweBow

Okey, let's stop worrying now. When our game get's out. It will most likely get a hugeboom.

HerpyDooves

I'm not really worrying, it's obvious your guys game will get very popular, very fast.

Chishio Kunrin

I think it's silly to worry about competition between games that're so different. Even if/when MLP Online becomes an MMO, it'll still be different. It's 2D with sprite avatars. We're fully 3D. Some people are gonna prefer the 2D sprites, and some people are gonna leap for the 3D. People have different tastes.

Now, if another fully 3D MMO pops up, then we can wonder about competition. Though, in reality, the other game would likely be pretty different from LoE, unless they decided to copy LoE.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

thegrandfunkasaurus

Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, but I know how people can get online. Just a heads up, if anyone starts badmouthing other games, my banhammer will fall upon you with the fury of a thousand suns. Extreme fanboyishness is my personal berserk button.

SweBow

Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 06, 00:54:47
Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, but I know how people can get online. Just a heads up, if anyone starts badmouthing other games, my banhammer will fall upon you with the fury of a thousand suns. Extreme fanboyishness is my personal berserk button.

^ that

WolfsGhost

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 05, 19:21:22
Okey, let's stop worrying now.

Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 06, 00:54:47

With that, the topic shall be locked.
-- Wolfs Ghost
LoE Concept Writer and Moderator

Go Up