Rainbow Power Discussion

Started by Aria BIaze, 2013 Dec 27, 15:34:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aria BIaze

2013 Dec 27, 15:34:33 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 29, 11:58:33 by lily7603
I'm sure what we're all wondering what this is about, I'm not sure if it was just for the ad or it's a hint from the show itself.
For the past half a year, we have slowly seen these new "Rainbow Power" figures invading stores just about everywhere.  It's an entire toy line, complete with Equestria Girls and various forms of the usual Hasbro original ponies.

(Ohmygosh I'm so buying Rainbow Power Pinkie Pie)

Rainbow Falls Episode?
SYNOPSIS
Rainbow Dash is headed to the Equestria Games
trials with the Ponyville Relay Team, but becomes torn when she is offered the
chance to join the more competitive Cloudsdale team.

In my opinion, I think that maybe there's another powerful artifact hidden in Rainbow Falls, enchanted water or rainbows, I DUNNO.  lol But I kinda think Rainbow Falls has to do something with rainbow power. Maybe Rainbow Falls will be like the Crystal Empire, rainbowfying all the ponies there!  :3

Whats in the Tree of Harmony Box?!!?!?
I know I'm not the only one wondering this. But What the heck could be in that box!?!?  :/  I bet rainbow power has to do with everything about that box AND the Elements of Harmony.

Do you remember that RAINBOWS made the vines go away? Remember a RAINBOW trail appeared down from the tree, went to the ground, a flower blossomed with the MYSTERIOUS box IN it?

Remember when a RAINBOW appeared, defeating the villains when the Mane 6 used the Elements of Harmony?

Since they can't use the Elements of Harmony anymore, they might earn Rainbow Power as some sort of power-up from the box.
This is just my opinion and everything I think about rainbow power.   :D

Valy Wave

2013 Dec 27, 15:45:14 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 27, 15:48:08 by Valy Wave
I just hope we are not spoiled by merchandising AGAIN!  >:O

Just pretend this is a not-show-related idea of hasbro to sell more toys... not thaat i dont like the design or something, but i dont wan't to know what the box does BEFORE it opens.  :'(

When you take a look at this:

I think it really is like the thing with the crystal-pony form at the end of the season 3 opener (temporary and just something nice to look at)

Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Dec 27, 22:58:03 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 27, 23:05:56 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Valy Wave on 2013 Dec 27, 15:45:14
Spoiler: show
I just hope we are not spoiled by merchandising AGAIN!  >:O

Just pretend this is a not-show-related idea of hasbro to sell more toys... not thaat i dont like the design or something, but i dont wan't to know what the box does BEFORE it opens.  :'(

When you take a look at this:
[spoiler]

I think it really is like the thing with the crystal-pony form at the end of the season 3 opener (temporary and just something nice to look at)

Yeah, they spoiled crystal ponies and Sunset Shimmer with toys and released the Canterlot Wedding toys early. So, we know by now that they have a habit of jumping the gun.

Also, WOOHOO finally, proof that Hasbro renamed Time Turner to Dr. Hooves!

But yeah. We didn't see crystal ponies coming, exactly, but the crystal blindbag ponies suddenly made sense after the season 3 premiere. I saw Sunset Shimmer being a significant character coming, though. I thought she'd be in the show, so I was a bit off.

Funniest thing is, I think these rainbowfied toys have been around for at least a year. I remember seeing the rainbowfied Fluttershy a long time back and going "Okay.. That's weird, but... okay, I guess."
I suppose, if you want any of them, you'd better buy them before rainbowfication becomes canon in the show. :P After that, there might be a surge of people buying them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Sorry but I don't see what the big deal/problem is.

I think they look kind of cool...

But that's just me obviously...

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Dec 27, 23:06:53 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 27, 23:52:58 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Dec 27, 23:02:17

X3

There's no problem, except now the mystery may have been spoiled for us just because Hasbro can't help but release the toys before they become relevant in the show.

By the way, everyone, here's the rainbowfied Fluttershy I saw way back:

Post Merge

Apparently, that Fluttershy came out this year, so I must've seen her sometime earlier this year. These rainbowfied ponies have been out for about a year, or maybe they were among the toys shown off at that toy fair that we first saw Sunset Shimmer at.

I have to admit, I really, really like rainbowfied DJ Pon3's design.

Prismatic

I picked up one of those Crystal Pony Key chains early 2012 if not some time in 2011.  They've been out for a very, very long time.  It's just only until S3 that it came back into circulation (and Toys'R'Us is where I got my original key chain).

Dem Prismatic Beams.

From what I can gather a lot of why the toys 'jump' the gun is because of logistics.  If a child sees something and they want it then and there it's easy to just go ahead and drive to the store and pick it up rather than wait two months and the interest of that child fades.  Or in the reverse case where the toy is bought first and the child makes the connection, or something.

I've browsed the toys quite a bit but more than likely I'd forget them the next day unless I continually looked at them.  Although I do not recognize the prismatic pony figures.

Valy Wave

Quote from: LostSanity on 2013 Dec 27, 23:02:17

X3

Yeah its a matter of taste, but look at rarity and dr hooves and please tell me, that you see the mess they made with the designs. (figurines)

On the other hoof, I really like almost everypony on the picture in the commercial - because the legs and wings look diffirent than the toys.
Are we growing up or just going down?
It's just a matter of time until we're all found out
Take our tears, put them on ice
Cause I swear I'd burn this city down to show you the light
My OC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Prismatic on 2013 Dec 28, 04:30:31
I picked up one of those Crystal Pony Key chains early 2012 if not some time in 2011.  They've been out for a very, very long time.  It's just only until S3 that it came back into circulation (and Toys'R'Us is where I got my original key chain).

Dem Prismatic Beams.

From what I can gather a lot of why the toys 'jump' the gun is because of logistics.  If a child sees something and they want it then and there it's easy to just go ahead and drive to the store and pick it up rather than wait two months and the interest of that child fades.  Or in the reverse case where the toy is bought first and the child makes the connection, or something.

I've browsed the toys quite a bit but more than likely I'd forget them the next day unless I continually looked at them.  Although I do not recognize the prismatic pony figures.

I think the only time, so far, that a toy really spoiled anything was Sunset Shimmer.
As soon as I saw her pony figure, I knew she was going to be a significant character. Though, most people didn't get on board until photos of the back of the box started popping up, where it said she used to be one of Celestia's students.

Due to Hasbro's history of releasing toys before they become significant to the show, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the mane six will become rainbowfied.

LostSanity

This reminds me of the rumor I just heard.

There's actually no proof of this happening. We have to wait for confirmation.

Though... signs are pointing that it actually is happening.

Spoiler: The rumor I heard • show
*sighs* Final Fantasy X-3 huh...  O:
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Alright, so. Rainbowfied pony toys.
This is the box I originally saw rainbowfied Fluttershy in:

She comes with Derpy!
There's the Daring Pony Set, which comes with Daring Do, Princess Twilight, and rainbowfied Rainbow Dash:

Sadly, Daring Do and Derpy in these sets look weird and low quality. :l *Sigh* Hasbro... And what's with Hasbro's obsession with the word Dazzle? Daring Do Dazzle? Diamond Dazzle Tiara?
There's even rainbowfied Princess Cadence.

Pinkie Pie comes with Snips and Snails, for some reason.

And, as we saw from the photo Valy Wave posted, rainbowfied Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack come together with rainbowfied Dr. Hooves and DJ Pon3.
Luckily, if the mane six do become rainbowfied in the show, I think their color schemes are going to be different than the toys. Just take a look at this pic:

Toy Applejack has red and pink stripes in her mane and tail, but in the picture, she has red and green stripes.
Toy Rarity has yellow stripes in her mane and tail, but in the picture, she has blue stripes.

Mad little Pony

Keep in mind that each of the keys they have found so far have a rainbow shimmer, I seriously belive what ever Rainbow power is it is held within the box. Just hope it is not a permanent change in color for the girls.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Feb 04, 01:01:02
Keep in mind that each of the keys they have found so far have a rainbow shimmer, I seriously belive what ever Rainbow power is it is held within the box. Just hope it is not a permanent change in color for the girls.

Notice that it's not even truly a rainbow, but rather a "rainbow"/spectrum made up of the mane six's coat colors.
Purple, blue, white, yellow, orange, and pink.

Mad little Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Feb 04, 07:44:53
Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Feb 04, 01:01:02

Notice that it's not even truly a rainbow, but rather a "rainbow"/spectrum made up of the mane six's coat colors.
Purple, blue, white, yellow, orange, and pink.

oh yeah

MrSpyro

You think this has something to do with the rumored new EQG movie?
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 04, 15:19:25
You think this has something to do with the rumored new EQG movie?

Personally, I think it has something to do with the box from the premiere, and the EQG movie has a rainbow theme because, I'm guessing, Hasbro wants to do a rainbow theme. They seem to be finishing up with their Crystal Empire theme, for the most part.

dynamite

I always thought up my own fanfics related to the mane six gaining a power up and changing in looks. In my thoughts they wore armor relative to the clothes they wore in the Grand Galloping Gala with a bit of magical girl theme.

MrSpyro

Wait, what about that spell Twilight made at the end of S3?
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Aria BIaze

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 22, 16:36:44
Wait, what about that spell Twilight made at the end of S3?

Which spell are you talking about, exactly?

byndbored

You know what I'm just going to say that the moment I saw the rainbow power thing I pretty much decided that was what was in the box, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was right. :\
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Feb 25, 07:28:17 #19 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 25, 07:57:32 by Chishio Kunrin
One upside: I saw rainbow power pony toys at Walmart yesterday when I was shopping for this kid's birthday gift, and even though they look a bit weird, I kinda like their quality. They actually sculpted Pinkie's mane right.

Post Merge

Here are the rainbowfied toys I saw at Walmart. They're different ones than the figures already posted in this thread.
The links lead to Walmart's website. If you don't feel like clicking the links, just view the images from Strawberry Reef in the spoilers.

Here's the Pinkie whose mane they actually sculpted right.

A rainbowfied Rainbow Dash who flips.

Another rainbowfied Rainbow Dash.

Rainbowfied Twilight Sparkle with detachable wings.

Rainbowfied Cadence, also with detachable wings. I wouldn't be surprised if Cadence ends up involved in whatever happens in the season finale. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, I dunno.

I'm guessing Strawberry Reef will keep updating as more rainbow power toys come out. There's even a rainbow power Pinkie Pie who has a helicopter.
http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/G4/Theme/rainbowpower.html

Go Up