Disorders

Started by Fudgemuffin, 2012 Dec 03, 15:17:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xeno Aura

I think in the area of mental disorders, if everyone in the world went to the hospital, at least half of the world would be diagnosed with some form of autism/OCD.

My brother was diagnosed with Aspergers, as it seems many people on here have been. The doctor said autism is kind of like a scale, pretty much everyone has a *degree* of autism or OCD (I myself do odd things at times, like having to position my glasses/bedside clock at a specific angle before I can sleep, same with my keyboard, I believe these were just called "quirks" back in the day, but would now probably be called OCD to a degree), it's just whether or not it's pronounced/noticeable enough that someone gets it diagnosed, and that if you say "mild autism" everyone in that category would have autism to a different degree, not all the same.

I don't know how much it affects my brother, if the things he does are just what he would do if he didn't have autism, or if he does them because of the autism, I guess we'll never know.

Fudgemuffin

What annoys me is when that people who know a person with a disorder, and expect another person with the same disorder to act exactly the same. Before I was diagnosed with Aspergers, a person thought I didn't have it because I didn't act like this other girl who had it. I wish I was diagnosed earlier, it would've saved me some trouble. >:/

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 03, 17:21:21
I tend to get two plates of food. One will usually have meat on it, while the other has the vegetables and such on it. I don't want green bean juice or ranch style bean liquid stuff, etc., on my meat.

I like kale. Most people hate it because it's too bitter. It's bitter because it has a lot of base in it. Mainly, people use kale leaves for decoration on meals, and no one ever eats it. I eat it.

My family learned the hard way that I didn't like two foods mixing, but now we use separate plates. lol

The Silent Wolf

I've recently figured out I'm a bit OCD, one little white spot on my blue and pink wall, stresses me out all day and I'm always getting paranoia when I'm alone, in the dark, or both.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Firey on 2012 Dec 04, 04:50:10
I was diagnosed with asthma when I was 4 years old and everyday,
I had to use the asthma machine for 1-2 hours.
My parents found out that the cold weather and pollen (from flowers and stuff)
was making my asthma worse, so we moved to a different city where it was much warmer.

But even to this day, basic physical activities such as walking and running still create breathing difficulties for me.  :c
(If I'm walking or running a certain distance, depends on the weather)

Explains why Tobuscus ends up out of breath from walking or running sometimes. He said he used to suffer from asthma.

I think the worst OCD moment I've had that I can remember was when I kept checking on my cat Callie to make sure she was safe where I thought she was. I kept not believing that I saw her, worrying that I wasn't really seeing her and she wasn't really there. I even put my hands all over her and petted her to make sure it really was her, and she really was there.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Captain0Ron

ADHD, I can't focus on things that don't suit my interest, however I have a tendency to educate myself with things that do (Like nuclear power/energy ovO)
I am also really sensitive to the smallest things (even if its a joke) but I don't show it.

I have terrible anxiety, I shake all the time, and when I get nervous or scared I shake a lot more and sorta spaz. I will also shake a bit at random times (In fact, just yesterday someone pointed out my bottom lip was quivering and when I lifted my hand up it was shaking rapidly)

I'm not sure if these are really disorders, but I seek attention, yet I am ubelievably shy. Even online (which is why I don't post much, or say where I live or age or name or really anything. And I hate using skype, especially voice chat. The only ponies I have ever talked to via skype voice chat is Trege, Twisted Shadow, and Sea Foam (hai Sea Foam)
I have a tendency to get really frustrated over simple things, and I get sad when I get frustrated.
And lastly, I tend to "adapt" to people/ponies I'm around. If I am around a really hyper person, my personality will slowly change from whatever it currently is, to hyper. (Still keeping my other major traits, like being shy)

I also have some other things that are a wee bit "dememnted" that I would rather not mention on the forum.

A lot of these haven't been really diagnosed, due to the fact that I rarely ever go to the doctor.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Link

I have some kind of constricted ribcage, I'm not sure what to call it, but I know it has a name of some sort. It puts a lot of pressure on my heart and lungs, and coupled with my mild asthma, it doesn't help.  :c
[CENTER][/CENTER]

ComputerDeathglare

The only thing I've been diagnosed with is migraines in my left eye. For me it causes neon blotches, almost pixellated vision, headaches, and sometimes my vision goes out. It can be treated with just aspirin I think, but I don't. Other than that, I think I have OCD to some degree. I get these bursts where everything MUST go my way. I seriously start adjusting peoples arms and heads when that happens. And my older brother thinks I have autism, and I kinda do, too. He was telling his friend about it while we were walking. He said that one with it pays a lot of attention to colors, patterns, numbers, etc. and act awkward in social situations *Coughmecough* I also think I have another disorder that I can't name. I have to triple check even my own name for fear I'm not who I am. Also, fear of the dark, but I've been less so recently.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

TCDubstep

I havent officially been diangnosed with anything. But I'm sure I have something

One of my major problems is the inability to trust anyone. I constant fear that someone close to me will backstabbing me just like my "friends" did. For this reason I tend to look like someone I'm not. For example. I wear a black hoodie with my hood on and my headphones in constantly. And I'm always looking Over my shoulder. But under that hood I tend to wear bright colors that get me made fun of at school. Plus there's the fact that I'm one of the like 3 bronies in the school.

Then there is my inability to focus for more than 5 minuntes. After that period of time I either forget what I'm doing. Or can't remember what I just did. I think it's some kind of short term memory loss.

What confuses me though is how I tested positive for photographic memory, not sure on that one.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: TCDubstep on 2012 Dec 12, 23:40:27
Then there is my inability to focus for more than 5 minuntes. After that period of time I either forget what I'm doing. Or can't remember what I just did. I think it's some kind of short term memory loss.

What confuses me though is how I tested positive for photographic memory, not sure on that one.

I tend to have a pretty good memory, to the point where I often didn't take notes in most of my classes and never had to study for tests, but I can sometimes have problems with short-term memory. Heck, I sometimes can't even remember what I had for a meal two hours ago. I actually had to train myself to remember to put a new trash bag in the trash can when I take a full bag out.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

TCDubstep

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 13, 01:06:55
Quote from: TCDubstep on 2012 Dec 12, 23:40:27

I tend to have a pretty good memory, to the point where I often didn't take notes in most of my classes and never had to study for tests, but I can sometimes have problems with short-term memory. Heck, I sometimes can't even remember what I had for a meal two hours ago. I actually had to train myself to remember to put a new trash bag in the trash can when I take a full bag out.

It's the exact same with me. Except the part with the trash bags, i still forget to change them on my trash day -_- . My memory generally comes back when there is something similar that i see at some point. if something reminds me of something else i quickly remember what im doing and/or what i learned. so when a question on a test asks for an answer, i usually instantly remember what the answer is if it has more than one anwser, if its not it takes me a bit longer to make the connections.

I ate Dinner 30 min ago and i don't remember what i ate   :c

Go Up