Most awesome Sonic game you've ever played?

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 May 20, 20:54:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

I'm not saying best, or most memorable, or best made, I'm saying most awesome.
I'ma gonna say Shadow the Hedgehog. Just look it up, most awesome sonic game ever.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Haned tom.

In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

Ryo_D_Disk

just to be diffrent im going to say adeventure battle 2 for 2 reasons 1 city escape and 2 multiplayer races

Shadow Mare

Ozzy

Itty Bit

2012 May 20, 22:24:16 #5 Last Edit: 2012 May 20, 22:25:47 by Itty Bit
Coolest game? I never really thought about which game felt the coolest... Shadow the hedgehog would have been cool... the whole dark/light choices and the rather dark atmosphere had a rather "cool vibe," but Shadow speaking like a fourth grader that just learned about swearing just killed it for me.
I guess I could Say Sonic adventure 2 battle felt pretty cool, with the atmosphere it set up... Either that or Sonic Colors. The fast speed and bright colors just felt so awesome to see whiz by. Especially Starlight Carnival, talk about eye candy!  ^-^

videogamehunter

2012 May 21, 02:55:49 #6 Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 12:13:21 by videogamehunter
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 20, 22:16:47
Sonic and Knuckles  x3

Agree. Sonic and Knuckles was suppose to be sonic 3 but due to lack of time they were given they had to split the game into two. Which is the reason they created the lock on technology for the game so you can attach sonic 3 on sonic and knuckles. So when you beat sonic 3 you continue on to sonic and knuckles.

Lary

I really like Sonic 2 and Sonic Generations. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes were pretty cool, too.

Honest answer: Probably Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Hipster answer: All you haters. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine stylin' on you. But that's fine. Most of you probably didn't hear of it. >:/
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Blues-Music

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 May 20, 21:05:13
just to be diffrent im going to say adeventure battle 2 for 2 reasons 1 city escape and 2 multiplayer races

This. Plus the chao garden was a nice little side game as well. I really wish they could've kept it in newer games though.  :\
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

GossamerWings

XD I've heard of DRMBM, Lary. I used to play the mess out of it.

Anywho...
HOLD ON, IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT SONIC R WAS THE BEST SONIC GAME OF ALL TIME. -Tails Doll-
Honestly, I like the Adventure series, but you can't beat the retro games.
[move=6]Gossamer's OCs![/move]

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 May 20, 21:05:13

This ^

Secret

2012 May 21, 13:37:22 #12 Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 13:39:52 by Secret
Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 using the "lock-on" technology is what I enjoyed playing the most and found the most "awesome".

Although I really did enjoy the other older Sonic games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (battle).

EDIT:

Quote from: GossamerWings on 2012 May 21, 11:56:08
HOLD ON, IMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT SONIC R WAS THE BEST SONIC GAME OF ALL TIME. -Tails Doll-

How could I have forgotten this  :I... Sonic R was an amazing game.

Deviant

Lary

Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 21, 13:37:22

Sonic R needs a remake. The one that exists is okay... but only 5 race tracks and all the music sounds like pseudo-love songs... Had way more potential than Sonic Riders ever wished it could have.
(P.S. Sonic Drift was better than Sonic Riders..)

GossamerWings

I'd love for Sonic R to get a remake! HD Tails Doll!

Well, besides the Tails Doll. Sonic R DID have a lot of potential, but like the Sega Saturn, fell a bit flat.
[move=6]Gossamer's OCs![/move]

Secret

2012 May 21, 16:06:25 #16 Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 16:08:14 by Secret
Quote from: Lary on 2012 May 21, 15:01:43
Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 21, 13:37:22

Sonic R needs a remake. The one that exists is okay... but only 5 race tracks and all the music sounds like pseudo-love songs... Had way more potential than Sonic Riders ever wished it could have.
(P.S. Sonic Drift was better than Sonic Riders..)

Sadly I don't think there will ever be a remake, not enough demand for games like that these days I don't think, although I could be wrong but I haven't seen any similar games around for a long long time.

Quote from: GossamerWings on 2012 May 21, 15:31:19
I'd love for Sonic R to get a remake! HD Tails Doll!

Well, besides the Tails Doll. Sonic R DID have a lot of potential, but like the Sega Saturn, fell a bit flat.

It's sad really, because the Saturn was fairly ahead of it's time compared to the competitors I believe.

The Sega consoles were always by far my favourite though and it was really sad to see them not continuing to develop consoles after the Dreamcast, which again was considerably ahead of its time.  D:

Driftless Night

Back when I was younger I really loved the sonic game "Sonic 3D Blast"

Lary

Quote from: Secret on 2012 May 21, 16:06:25
It's sad really, because the Saturn was fairly ahead of it's time compared to the competitors I believe.

The Sega consoles were always by far my favourite though and it was really sad to see them not continuing to develop consoles after the Dreamcast, which again was considerably ahead of its time.  D:

The problem was SEGA decided to spend too much money on the Genesis (Sega CD and Sega 32x should have never existed IMO - Sega CD games could've waited for the Saturn), and not enough money on the Saturn (The Saturn died within a year when released to the states, but lasted much longer in Japan. Look up Segata Sanshiro and you'll see why), which eventually lead to their downfall with the Dreamcast.

It's sad, really. I honestly hope one day maybe they might consider making consoles again.

Zelfore

2012 May 21, 20:06:58 #19 Last Edit: 2012 May 21, 20:37:00 by Zelfore
>.< Oh god, I'm get so many 'WTF's here but, Sonic Heroes...

"..."
o_O
"..."

Now wait, I can explain. :\
I haven't really owned too many sonic games in my life, honestly. (Though I've still played quite a few.) I played the first game for the computer when I was younger, but hardly made it past the first zone, let alone beat it.
I loved sonic at that age, and when I noticed Sonic Adventure in stores, I wanted the Dreamcast. (Which I did get for christmas) I own, and have played both Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I even still have a working Dreamcast! But I constantly got stuck on SA1. (Once again, too young.) And I found SA2 really difficult. Granted it's easier now, but I mostly played the game to escape the giant truck.
Once we got the Gamecube, I desperately wanted Heroes. Difficult at my naive age? Yes. But I beat it with Team Rose eventually and... I was just so happy! The first (part) of a sonic game I've ever finished! I was excited!
I haven't actually beat the game yet, not even so many years later, but I always come back to it. Amy and Sonic are done, close with Shadow, and getting there with Chaotix. (Except those Chaos Emeralds are freakin' mockeries! >:()

It's my favorite sonic game, what I consider the most awesome, and I love the theme song that everyone else seems to hate. The best sonic game? No. The one with the most memories? Undeniably.
I'll spare you the displeasure of wasting time, reading my signature, and let you get back to posting ponies! \(^u^)/

Go Up