[Event] Annual Blizzard Survival 11-11-12/ 1-11-13

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Oct 24, 20:20:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

2012 Oct 24, 20:20:05 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 24, 21:44:11 by McSleuthburger
WARNING TO ALL: REMEMBER TO NOT TO PUT YOURSELF IN DANGER, BE SMART ABOUT WHAT YOU DO

You know what I like to do every year for the past couple years? My personal "Blizzard Survival"! I feel it's kinda hard to explain, so I'll just put it into steps:

1. When school or whatever gets out, see if it's a blizzard out!

2. If it is (if your too young, call your mom or something saying you won't be home for a few hours.), walk from school (or whatever) to home (for me, it's about 1-2 miles.) in the harsh snow storm.

3. If you make it home, you win! Well, it really isn't a game, I see it more as a, test of determination and your stamina.

I've been doing this for a couple years just to prove to myself that I can do it and I have what it takes, and I would like to see if any of you have the guts and bravery to achieve this goal!

Book Smarts

If I had proper right winter clothes, I would try it

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 24, 20:43:21

I usually just wear whatever I have on and go out into the storm. It helps prepare me if there was an actual emergency.

Book Smarts

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Oct 24, 20:51:27

I usually just wear whatever I have on and go out into the storm. It helps prepare me if there was an actual emergency.

Okay, that's insane  :l

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Oct 24, 21:00:32
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Oct 24, 20:51:27

Okay, that's insane  :l

lol

Midnight Breeze

Seeing as I'm from Louisiana, and live a good 15 miles from my workplace, I guess I'll be playing heat-wave survival. Still 80 degrees here.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2012 Oct 24, 21:03:05
Seeing as I'm from Louisiana, and live a good 15 miles from my workplace, I guess I'll be playing heat-wave survival. Still 80 degrees here.

lol That counts too! Just wear a bunch of coats to work then! lol

ping111

... I live down the street from my school.  ovO

Then again, I do live in Canada, so the snow is CRAZY!

lurk852

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Oct 24, 20:20:05
3. If you make it home, you win!

"If you don't, and you die, then, uh... I guess you lose."  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Julius

I live in the perfect place in the world when it comes to nature.

It's tropical here. Not too hot, not too cold, no earthquakes, no possibilities of tornadoes, no possibilities of hurricanes, no possibilities of tsunamis. I'm not even making it up, I learnt that at school. lol

I've never even been close to snow in my life.  >.<

I wonder what it feels like... What it tastes like... And what it tastes like with chocolate syrup! :P
Purr~

lurk852

2012 Oct 24, 23:33:08 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 25, 00:39:02 by lurk852
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 24, 22:58:08
I live in the perfect place in the world when it comes to nature.

It's tropical here. Not too hot, not too cold, no earthquakes, no possibilities of tornadoes, no possibilities of hurricanes, no possibilities of tsunamis. I'm not even making it up, I learnt that at school. lol

I've never even been close to snow in my life.  >.<

I wonder what it feels like... What it tastes like... And what it tastes like with chocolate syrup! :P

<- California, central valley - although I went to college in New York for a few years. It's really pretty, and fun to throw at people, but it can also be a huge pain in the butt if you're trying to get around and the way isn't clear.  >:/

edit: also it's gross when there are huge piles of filthy melting snow in early Spring...
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Rissian

I actually walk out in the snow in shorts and a t-shirt. Mainly because I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me much. Although I seem to be losing temperature resistance nowadays.  :c

Go Up