Spore the video game

Started by TheCatArtist, 2012 May 24, 16:20:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TheCatArtist

I love spore and all it things it has. I love creatures and stuff, And making your own. Heres a video i made with the built in recording system in the game  0:)

Book Smarts

It's an okay game, kind've gets repetitive after the 2nd go around  :x

Also Grox are pure evil  DD:

Goldenrod

Yeah, I found it fun for a while, but then I got bored after my space empire stretched about a quarter of the length of a galactic arm. :D
My little sister sometimes still plays it for the creature creator, but I haven't touched it in a while.

Zygrograxgra

My favorite creator is obviously the creature creator.
My favorite stage is the Cell stage, least favorite is Space.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

I remember getting a cool spaceship from the database that looks like a star destroyer and putting a giant fleet together to fight the enemies of my alliance.

StormCloud

I've been playing Spore on and off every now and then. Running a galactic empire is fairly difficult before you start making lots of money. That being said, I never get over that awesome feeling from making millions off a single trade.

My only complaint about Spore, though, is that it was rushed into a childish game that disappointed a lot of people. The original game contained a lot more graphic material and wasn't so... kiddish. If you guys remember that old demo in which the planet buster was more explodey, and dropping a creature on a moon caused a bloody explosion?

I will agree, though. The creature stage is loads of fun. It's also the only time you actually get to directly control someone in 3D space aside from adventures in the expansion. I love grabbing my full pack and charging into a nest, then promptly tearing it apart. I also remember nearly crapping myself when I saw my first Epic creature and my first Spaceship.

So that's my vidya game rant. Hope you enjoyed it, and if you didn't... don't kill me.

Skardan

Well I was sooo bored I killed the Grox... I'm not joking!
But I was a little bit disapponited in Spore because I missed some features...
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

Ozzy

This game has always interested me, I've never had the opurtunity to play it sadly enough  :c Love the funky designs on the creatures, there seems to be alot of customization and a whole range of strange creations available looking at other videos  :D
*wonders if he could create some sort of living bomb* Hmmmm... =P

Book Smarts

My first epic creature seen was an exact replica of slenderman and it still gives me the creeps  :'(

Parasprite

I use to play that game a lot. Until the compact disk was all scratched up. Oh well, TO PIRATE BAY!

Sahara

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 24, 20:15:13

i befreined t the grox and every oter species hated me teh grox killed them all

Thunder Heart

Tons of fun, until the space stage...
Favourite is definitely the creature stage, migrating nests and evolving. <3
Things get a little dull around the city area, but it still has it's appeal.

Space stage... I hate how you can't explore properly, the moment you get far enough away you're spammed with allies being attacked, or your spices being raided. ><

Skardan

Well my first species were the "Pori Mori"... oh well... what have I done...
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

McSleuthburger

like most, Ive tried it and was overall happy with it for a while but then it kind of got repetitive and took up too much space on my hard drive so I got rid of it
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Equestrian

Quote from: Sahara on 2012 May 28, 23:59:50
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 24, 20:15:13

i befreined t the grox and every oter species hated me teh grox killed them all

HOOWW!! >:( They attacked me as soon as they detected me! Buuut I was able to fend off their constant barrages until I finally quit ^-^
All my civilizations were destroyed, but I survived... with a half-terraformed moon-base, and isn't that what truly matters?
(Last time I played was 4 years ago or so)

Book Smarts

I went through grox space no problem... until one of my fleet members decided to fight them due to some kind grudge  :I

S_E_F

Spore was great, especially with Galactic Adventures. I was still hoping for the slightly more scientific kind of game they originally were going for and it'd be nice if they revisited the idea.
I'm mapping for TF2! Brutal story co.

Book Smarts

I decided to install it and play for a little while and it's crazy how easy the game is when you choose to be an omnivore and then a commercial nation compared to a religious or military one.

Lord of Madness

i spent so much time on that game... i learned how to make a creature... with MAX stats... in every aspect... so... awesome...

Go Up