Help me make a backtrack? c:

Started by PrincessButton, 2012 Sep 18, 01:39:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

2012 Sep 18, 01:39:53 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 01, 19:36:16 by Electro-BLITZ
Hey there mares and gentlecolts I have another favor to ask of you talented ponies out there!
I have this very very cute lullaby that I would like to sing to my baby, Itty Bit.... BUT, to do that, I would really like to have a backtrack of the song so I can sing with music. >///< So if any of you out there know how to make a backtrack of a song.. that would be amaaaazing.
Here is the song:

Actually, better yet, if somepony can make me a very very nice backtrack, I will draw a request for them.  ^-^
Thanks guys!

~Electro-BLITZ - This topic has been locked due to inactivity, if this was a error and your the topic starter, please contact a moderator for assistance
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Sep 18, 02:12:44 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 18, 02:33:14 by LaptopCommandStation
By backtrack do you mean instrumental?

I'm no expert by any means but it doesn't seem like phase cancellation worked(for me).

PrincessButton

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 18, 02:12:44
By backtrack do you mean instrumental?
Yes, sorry.. there are many different terms: backtrack, instrumental, karaoke...etc. sorry about that. x3

LaptopCommandStation

Well I tried  X3

I think the whole track was recorded on one channel so phase cancellation didn't do anything, and I don't know any editing beyond standard phase cancellation.  Normal songs usually have their instruments done in Mono while the vocals are Stereo, making it easy to cancel the vocals out, but if they are both done in Mono/Stereo it won't work.At least I THINK that's how it works

PrincessButton

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 18, 02:44:07
Well I tried  X3

I think the whole track was recorded on one channel so phase cancellation didn't do anything, and I don't know any editing beyond standard phase cancellation.  Normal songs usually have their instruments done in Mono while the vocals are Stereo, making it easy to cancel the vocals out, but if they are both done in Mono/Stereo it won't work.At least I THINK that's how it works

Aw darn. :v  Thanks for trying anyway. :c

Julius

2012 Sep 18, 03:44:12 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 18, 05:27:51 by Julius
You know, that piano seems simple enough to cover with my guitar. At the moment, chords are my biggest enemy, but nothing a bit of practice can't handle, and since I've been wanting to play some guitar... Let me see what I can do!

Edit: Would you mind if I made it slightly slower?

Edit 2: Yup, I knew this'd be hard. Got a few nice chords already though. This shall be complete in about a week or two (Hey, I want to give you quality :] ), depending on the time I get for playing the guitar.
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

I was thinking about doing a guitar cover, but if the chords arent A,E,D or G I can't do much of a cover  X3
Can't wait to hear it  :D

Julius

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 18, 13:14:05
I was thinking about doing a guitar cover, but if the chords arent A,E,D or G I can't do much of a cover  X3
Can't wait to hear it  :D

If it wasn't for GarageBand's Chord Guide, I couldn't do much of a cover either. X3
Purr~

PrincessButton

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 18, 03:44:12
You know, that piano seems simple enough to cover with my guitar. At the moment, chords are my biggest enemy, but nothing a bit of practice can't handle, and since I've been wanting to play some guitar... Let me see what I can do!

Edit: Would you mind if I made it slightly slower?

Edit 2: Yup, I knew this'd be hard. Got a few nice chords already though. This shall be complete in about a week or two (Hey, I want to give you quality :] ), depending on the time I get for playing the guitar.

Julius you are my hero!!  :D <3 <3

Julius

Heh, thanks! I aim to please, and it's certainly awesome to be called a hero!  ^-^
Purr~

PrincessButton

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 19, 01:07:04
Heh, thanks! I aim to please, and it's certainly awesome to be called a hero!  ^-^
Well, since you'll be working on that, may I return the favor by drawing a request of your choice?  ^-^

Julius

Sure thing! But I don't want anything done by you untill I'm done with the song, I want to make sure you like it! And if you don't I'll just re-do it. Easy!

After that I'd love a drawing.  ^-^
Purr~

PrincessButton

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 19, 12:49:18
Sure thing! But I don't want anything done by you untill I'm done with the song, I want to make sure you like it! And if you don't I'll just re-do it. Easy!

After that I'd love a drawing.  ^-^
Okey dokey lokey, can't wait to hear it!

Julius

Here it is Pinkie, the guitar for your cover of this beautiful song. I like it, and I hope you like it too, I really do.

I have one thing I don't like about it though... Had I an acoustic guitar, it would sound... Wow, I can't imagine. Yet, as of now, I only have an Electric Guitar, so it's not completely what I had in mind. If I had an Acoustic guitar it would be... It would be perfect, really.

Overall, I like it. Could it be better? Hay yeah, if it was acoustic. Will I remake it? As soon as I get an ElectroAcoustic or an Acoustic guitar, and you'll be the first one to know.

Still though, that doesn't really matter. The song is ready. You're the one who requested it, and your opinion is the one that matters here. Do you like it?

:)
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

As one of your tags would describe it.  Awesomeness.

It's funny that you want an acoustic guitar, but have an electric, while I wish I had an electric, but only have my acoustic.

Nice job.

Julius

Heh, thanks!  X3

Funny indeed! But you know, December's coming... :]

A Blue Yeti Microphone, some Beats Headphones, a Capo, a wired Xbox controller and an Acoustic Guitar.

Think I ask for too much?  X3
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

I can't really make a wishlist because i'm the only one in my family with money
But if I could, i'd really love a drum set, a bigger TV, and perhaps a sound system to go with it.  ovO
It'd make the Superbowl (wait for it) 20% cooler  :3
Didn't see that coming did ya.  Yeah, didn't think so HAHA!

PrincessButton

Finally listening to it now that I am home.  :D Thank you again, so so much, I'm going to keep thanking you because you rock so much.

I will start on your drawing sometime over this week.  ^-^

Julius

You know, there's a certain line that I love using time and time again...

"I give a a smile, I get a smile and that's so special to me!"

Guess I should be thanking you for that huh? ;)

Heh, you're welcome. As I said, whenever I get an acoustic guitar, I'll let you know! :)

Oh and, good morning! ^-^
Purr~

Go Up