Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

My modem is tripping out. The Ethernet still works, but the wireless isn't really cooperating.

Ugh I am gonna miss much going here. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chishio Kunrin

The people who only watch The Hunger Games movies for the action and drama and then start whining and groaning about the stuff about politics and how the Games have affected Katniss.
"Nobody caaaarrrres... Katniss isn't being awesome enouuuugh... Where's all the fighting and actiooooon? Uuuuughhhh... DD:"

If you do that... you realize you're just like the people in The Capital, right? :/
You couldn't care less about Katniss' PTSD or the politics of what's going on or the fact that the characters are having to fight for their right to live as human beings and not potential toys in next year's brutal "game." You only care about that last part because it means there'll be a lot of cool, entertaining action and drama to watch. But you don't care about the characters themselves. You just want to see the action and drama, that's all.

You are the rich, snooty bad guys in The Capital who think it doesn't matter how horrible the Games are, as long as you're entertained.
*Slow clap*

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

so my molar decided hey, it's friday night.  Today's the best for me to shatter and disintegrate!

Because I can't do a thing about it until Tuesday.  Which also means I cant eat for three days....

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Dec 13, 01:20:31
so my molar decided hey, it's friday night.  Today's the best for me to shatter and disintegrate!

Because I can't do a thing about it until Tuesday.  Which also means I cant eat for three days....

What the helll...

If your tooth was that brittle it must have been badly cracked and chipped up. You should have had it pulled out long ago.

Pipkin

Problem is since i came to this store i lost my dental plan so everything i need done is out of pocket.   As you likely know i have no money to speak of hence why I'll have to use my line of credit.

Midnight Breeze

Whaaaaaat?

Youre a manager and your employer doesnt offer a dental plan? Even I had a dental plan at my crappy MHT job. My mom is carrying me on her plan since i quit, though Im not sure I can use it here in Texas. If not Ill have to buy one through the union.

One thing Ive leaned though is that whether or not you have insurance, dental issues are something that you cant afford to ignore. A 100 dollar filling will always turn into a 1500 dollar root canal eventually if left untreated. Its better to go in the red to get that fillin when you can.

Stardust Dragon

I had a filling in my back molar that decided "nuts to you" and popped out of my mouth about two months ago.  Problem was, I was A ) at school, away from my dentist, and B ) had JUST canceled the cleaning appointment I'd scheduled before I knew I was going to be in another state.  I was sure it was a conspiracy...fortunately I found a local dentist who could fix it up, but it still took a week between looking at the damage and being able to fix it.  Did I mention this was right before Halloween?

Anyways, hope you can get things sorted without too much trouble.  I know dental work is "fun" all on its own, no bill required!

Chrisgotjar

For some reason for the past couple of weeks I've been getting really bad headaches in the evening. No idea why. It's really annoying because I want to stay up and get things like drawing and SFM done but suddenly my head goes "Nope! Headache!" and I can't focus at all. :I
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 13, 16:36:57

I had a filling in my back molar that decided "nuts to you" and popped out of my mouth about two months ago.  Problem was, I was A ) at school, away from my dentist, and B ) had JUST canceled the cleaning appointment I'd scheduled before I knew I was going to be in another state.  I was sure it was a conspiracy...fortunately I found a local dentist who could fix it up, but it still took a week between looking at the damage and being able to fix it.  Did I mention this was right before Halloween?

Anyways, hope you can get things sorted without too much trouble.  I know dental work is "fun" all on its own, no bill required!

Once, when I was a kid, my dad took me to the dentist for a cleaning. While we were driving away, we decided to eat a couple of caramel hard candies. My dad has a habit of biting down on hard candy, and he had the misfortune of biting his the wrong way. It pulled a filling out. :I

He took the candy out of his mouth, looked at the filling, then looked at me, and turned the car around to go back to the dentist. lol

Pipkin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 13, 16:36:57
fortunately I found a local dentist who could fix it up, but it still took a week between looking at the damage and being able to fix it. 

I hope this isn't the case because if I can't get this fixed on tuesday I wont be able to get it fixed until after xmas....

Which means no Xmas dinner....and since my family isn't having Xmas this year and dinner is the only thing to look forward to that would suck so badly

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Dec 13, 21:39:20 #14750 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 13, 23:16:02 by Chishio Kunrin
When people misunderstand and horribly misinterpret a simple slogan, making the people who use the slogan out to be bad or rude. :l It's not their fault you're missing the dang point. And stop suggesting your own slogan! Your slogan does not fit what their whole thing is about! Their slogan does fit! You're just too blind to see that, and it's sad that it has to be explained. It kind of shows that you don't even comprehend what they're doing.

Post Merge

This is the worst!
My cat, Callie, has a tendency to get under my desk and pull on my speaker wires! AND SHE ONLY DOES IT TO ME! >:O It makes me so mad, especially when she pulls the speakers all the way back or knocks them down or unplugs them!

The wire on one of the speakers is kind of loose now because of her. And she only... does it... TO ME. NOBODY ELSE. WHY?! I hate it!

She just did it to me a little while ago when I was listening to music on Youtube while scanning stuff for my mom. I noticed because the speaker moved back and suddenly turned off, so I yelled at her.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Dec 13, 21:39:20
When people misunderstand and horribly misinterpret a simple slogan, making the people who use the slogan out to be bad or rude. :l It's not their fault you're missing the dang point. And stop suggesting your own slogan! Your slogan does not fit what their whole thing is about! Their slogan does fit! You're just too blind to see that, and it's sad that it has to be explained. It kind of shows that you don't even comprehend what they're doing.
  Well, China did just ban wordplay to avoid "misleading the public - especially children. " (source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/28/china-media-watchdog-bans-wordplay-puns), so some people may in fact be too incompetent to get a joke.  I admit sometimes a pun goes right over my head, but at least I don't get up in arms about it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 13, 23:19:30
  Well, China did just ban wordplay to avoid "misleading the public - especially children. " (source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/28/china-media-watchdog-bans-wordplay-puns), so some people may in fact be too incompetent to get a joke.  I admit sometimes a pun goes right over my head, but at least I don't get up in arms about it.

A lot of countries in the east do bizarre things. o.O

Less bizarre and more so sad is South(?) Korea making students attend school for 14 hours a day. :c And then they have to go to personal classes for a few more hours after that, then get typically 4-5 hours of sleep before going back to school.

And we thought the American school system sucked... :s

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Dec 14, 03:28:47
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Dec 13, 23:19:30

A lot of countries in the east do bizarre things. o.O

Less bizarre and more so sad is South(?) Korea making students attend school for 14 hours a day. :c And then they have to go to personal classes for a few more hours after that, then get typically 4-5 hours of sleep before going back to school.

And we thought the American school system sucked... :s

Japan is the same way. There's a reason far-eastern countries always rank highest on intelligence and education.

-------------------------

I moved to Fort Worth this weekend and my apartment is RAGGEDY! It's nothing like the show model they showed me! No wonder they let me in without a reference. I complained about it to the leasing coordinator today and she says she's going to get someone on it to fix the place up. We'll see if she sticks to her word. They fixed my leaky dishwasher, but I put in a laundry list of other issues that they haven't addressed.

MarshyMellow

2014 Dec 15, 22:39:20 #14754 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 15, 22:45:06 by MarshyMellow
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 02, 23:11:05
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Oct 02, 22:59:53
When my cat Callie has a random insane thought. I swear, that cat is psychotic.

Earlier, my mom was walking to me, and I noticed Callie walk over to her, staring up at her. Then, Callie suddenly crouched down and shook her butt.
me: Um.. Callie?
mom: *Looks down at Callie*
Callie: *Leaps onto mom and grabs on!*
:I If I hadn't gotten my mom to notice her, she wouldn't have caught her and would've gotten clawed.

Our crazy cats do similar things except they wait on the side of the recliners to attack anyone who walks by.  :I Our cat Leah actually tackled our poor chi pom Sable she jumped on her back and flipped her over. We think she was just playing but little dogs aren't used to things like that.

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 02, 23:06:26
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 02, 22:16:45
When it doesn't snow in winter, I don't think we had much snow if only a little last year. Hoping it snows this year

I beg to differ

Nope, the 42 mile drive to work in my dinky pickup truck has nothing to do with that statement(AppleJackLieFaceHere)

Last year was nice from a driving standpoint.  I only got stuck twice.
I think it snowed twice.  ovO

I mainly meant in Missouri we didn't get much snow at all last year in the state.  ovO
I live in MO. I feel your pain  :c But it did snow here once, but it it was pretty much just pretty-to-look-at snow.  :c And TX is the same way to.... :c Poor Texas :c.

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

ComputerDeathglare

Being called a brat, then the person turns around and says, "Oh, but I lovvveeeee you. When have I ever done anything to assume I didn't? "

Take a guess.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chack

It's not even cold during the day.
Hey, I'm not complaining, I hate the cold.
But it feels weird. Like I should be bundled up and cozy. But no, it's still, like, 70 degrees F out there.
But hey, that's Louisiana winter weather for ya. Hot one day and freezing the next.
Wait for it...

Pipkin

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 00:53:14
But it feels weird. Like I should be bundled up and cozy. But no, it's still, like, 70 degrees F out there.
But hey, that's Louisiana winter weather for ya. Hot one day and freezing the next.

I hate the cold too!  As long as the temps stay above the freezing mark we'll be ok.

Surprisingly they have been.  Not bad for mid-december

Chack

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Dec 16, 01:02:45
Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 00:53:14

I hate the cold too!  As long as the temps stay above the freezing mark we'll be ok.

Surprisingly they have been.  Not bad for mid-december

I hate anything below 65 F. I have an unfortunately low tolerance to colder temperatures.
It hasn't even been that cold lately, during the day at least. It's REALLY weird. No wonder I almost never see snow down here.
Wait for it...

Pipkin

Quote from: Chack on 2014 Dec 16, 01:11:46
I almost never see snow down here.

Consider yourself lucky X3

Go Up