Petz thread

Started by BlackVortex, 2012 Aug 24, 19:10:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BlackVortex

The petz thread. For any petz pics or anything else related to pets.

I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 24, 19:33:19 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 24, 19:36:22 by Chishio Kunrin
I always used to play Catz. I think I have Catz 3, but I'm pretty sure I lost it.

One of the things I loved was collecting items. :3 There are so many different items to collect. If you see a new one you've never found before, put it in your carrier so you can always have one. I think mini-games unlock items if you win. Some kinds of shells and stuff will wash up on the beach. And I think there's a haunted house room, where an item spawns every hour?

Oh, and there is at least one special item that you can only get if your petz have a litter. Once the female becomes pregnant, you'll only be able to play with her in the nursery. There, you'll be able to get a special music box.

That is, if I remember all of this correctly. I used to love the everloving fluff out of Catz. The Catz and Dogz games are very similar.

[Edit]: Oh. my. goodness. The petz.wikia.com site barely has anything on it. :\ Makes me almost tempted to start playing Catz again just to contribute some Catz stuff to that wikia. In fact, if I find my disc, I might.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

BlackVortex

I know! I have petz 5

Did you know you don't need the disk to play? You just have to have it installed...
Personally I used tinker to cheat and get all the toys.

Bonus: I'm still trying to find out how my catz Ice-eyes eyes change colour. So far none of her 3 litters have got it, but the next one might. (5 kittens with up two 4 tomorrow.)

If anyone wants I can post pics of the 3 litters coming tomorrow.
I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Chishio Kunrin

Found it! I have Catz 5, not 3. lol

And I don't have it installed on my computer anymore. X3 'Tis why I needed ze disc. Wewt! Gonna install it and start playing again.

*Litterz! Now Catz can have anywhere from 1-4 unique kittenz!
*Never-Seen-Before-Playscenes and Mini-Games: Create a whole new interactive experience for your Catz!
*New Breedz: Scottish Fold, Egyptian Mau, Japanese Bobtail, and more!
*Weather Effects & Day and Night Cycles - Experience changes in teh weather and watch day turn into night!
*Updated Graphics, New Toys, and Clothing.

Yesh. ovO

Stitchin Time

2012 Aug 24, 20:35:22 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 24, 20:37:37 by Stitchin Time
I had trial disks of Catz and Dogz from Wendy's. lol It's been lost since forever, but I loved it. Looks like somepony needs to get her laptop back and earn money for a Petz. ovO

BlackVortex

Download breedz.
You can show them if there show breedz... Here is my show dog:

Her name is: BlackVortex's Silver Solder's March
(AKA Silver)
I did not make the breed.

Chishio Kunrin

Looks like a Doberman.

And my computer is insisting that I have the disc inserted to play anyway. Oh well. And... the sounds won't initialize. wat. I think I used to have this problem. It means it won't play the sounds. :c I dunno how to fix that.

BlackVortex

I'm temted to try and troble shoot it for you X3
And yeah, she is a Doberman. (She's bigger now)

Chishio Kunrin

Yes, please troubleshoot it. DD: It'd be so much better with sound!

BlackVortex

OK, hopefully this is understandable:

1. Right click on the petz icon on your desktop or where ever you put it.
2. Hit properties, then hit "Find target"
3 Hit manuals.
4 Hope the manual has it in it.

I will keep looking for the sound files, but it looks like they are programmed into the .exe

Chishio Kunrin

Ok. o_O

Man, the black-and-white cats are cute, but they never seem to get along well with other cats except other b-and-w's. And the siamese cats are really picky with their food.

BlackVortex

2012 Aug 24, 21:04:36 #11 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 24, 21:07:03 by BlackVortex
Hmm... If I find the sound files I will let you know.
Wow, I need a new profile (Petza)
I have 100+ petz 

Lary

Catz was my darn childhood. >A<
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

I did what you said, and I don't think I found a solution.

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 24, 21:06:17
Catz was my darn childhood. >A<

:D

BlackVortex

To bad. Try looking it up.
:l FH is way easer to Troubleshoot.

Chishio Kunrin

QuoteAnswer

There seems to be a conflict between Windows 2000 using DirectX 9.0b or Windows XP running service pack 2, and Petz 5. There is a file that gets installed into the Petz folder called 'setupapi.dll' that appears to be causing a conflict with other newer system files installed with the latest Windows service packs. The workaround is to delete this file (setupapi.dll) from the main Petz folder and try running the game again.

If you continue to have the 'no sound' problem, go back into the Petz folder and delete the file called 'smapi.dll' and try running the game again.

Sorry I made you try to troubleshoot. X3 I should've done it myself instead of troubling/bothering you with it. I should do what that thing I found says, right? I'm not completely sure whether or not I should.

I found it on a Petz fansite: http://www.pineconecattery.com/xp_sound_fix.htm

BlackVortex

Sorry I couldn't help...
But, save a back up copy and then try it.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 24, 21:22:48 #17 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 24, 21:26:45 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: BlackVortex on 2012 Aug 24, 21:20:27
Sorry I couldn't help...
But, save a back up copy and then try it.

So I should maybe... right-click and Cut the file instead of clicking Delete? That would work the same, right?
Nevermind, that's not gonna work. :/ Moving it to another folder probably would work, though, right?

[Edit]: IT WORKED! YEEEEEEES! *Grabs BlackVortex and starts jump dancing* YES YES YES YES YES!

BlackVortex

Yep, as far as I can tell. Paste it somewhere safe.
Also remember to save a copy of your adopted pets folder in case they get corrupted, and If you want to speed up time,  downlad and use petza, not your computer's clock.

Chishio Kunrin

I brought two Desert Lynxes out at the adoption center, and they both... instantly fell asleep. :I I... what?

And I'll try to remember that, BlackVortex. ^-^ I'm just glad my sound is back!

Go Up