[Herd] Travellers Blessing.

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Apr 27, 06:11:48

previous topic - next topic

I'm curious, so, how many of the different races are in this herd.

Unicorn
39 (31.5%)
Pegasus
53 (42.7%)
Earthpony.
25 (20.2%)
Not decided yet.
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Go Down

Ründo

Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Travius Trott

Quote from: Sotha on 2013 Jan 17, 17:11:01
-quotesnip-

I'd love to hear about your system.

The whole thing about my character is that it has powerful spells, but none allow me to choose specific targets. Rather, the spell specifies conditions, and the creatures (enemy or ally) that fit those conditions are the targets of the spell. So I have to use them carefully, lest I kill everyone in my party, including myself.

Umm, though my system is still only in it's concept phase and likely it will be changed a lot till the time I am done, all I am sure of is that it will be heavily based around magic or 'Aether powers' as they are called in the concept, especially how the primal elements act with each other is something I need to work out and simplify.

Though, that concept is also something peculiar, magic that get set perimeters for targeting, most useful, but also extremely dangerous if used wrongly.

Quote from: Ründo on 2013 Jan 17, 23:04:58
Have any of you played this game?

http://www.burritobisongame.com/

And, I spent two hours of this day on just that...

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Sotha

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2013 Jan 18, 15:28:21
Umm, though my system is still only in it's concept phase and likely it will be changed a lot till the time I am done, all I am sure of is that it will be heavily based around magic or 'Aether powers' as they are called in the concept, especially how the primal elements act with each other is something I need to work out and simplify.

Though, that concept is also something peculiar, magic that get set perimeters for targeting, most useful, but also extremely dangerous if used wrongly.

Yes. It is an interesting idea, and assuming there is a lot of combat in our campaign, I should quite enjoy it.

I have wondered about how such a magic system would work, myself. Almost like a type of alchemy. Creating an algorithm for the effects of any given combination of the basic elements that maintains sufficient variety would be interesting, though. Perhaps some vector function involving a mapping of whatever space those elements live in to the effect space. A one-to-one transformation would be best, with a domain containing the entire element space, which would allow every combination to have a unique expression. And if you a sort of wave function involving interference and whatnot, the different elements could interact with each other in rather interesting ways as well.

Quote from: Ründo on 2013 Jan 17, 23:04:58
Have any of you played this game?

http://www.burritobisongame.com/

I tend to play physics-based puzzle games and tower defence games. Music games sometimes, too. That is a little too rote for me.

Although I will raise you one GIRP.
May you walk on warm sands.

Travius Trott

Well, actually, I plan on for starters to make some 'base combat spells' which holds some branches as a way to provide the effects one want to attain in a given spell.
To take an example; Magic-missile, is the most basic combat spell, and for an average person who can cast it can cast it with 5 missiles. From there the spell can be 'upgraded' to have other effects, as adding an element to the mix, throwing more powerful individual missiles, and other effects.

Another thing I wondered about, is the different materials' effect on the 'magic' and that a mage in the setting would more than likely also be able to cast barriers of sorts for protection.

Though, I might also take the MLP:RIM system's way of handling magic into consideration as that system, while a bit lengthy and troublesome for new players, have extreme flexibility with the creation of spells unique to the character.

Yep, I rant when I talk about RP-systems...

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Trixster

i really gave up on RP's... They almost die out faster than i join them  :c
Hug a bear, sometimes all they need is a little care.

Cinnibon Milque

That's why i roleplay on chickensmoothie,otakuzone and feral heart. they're in depth roleplayers and the rps don't die out as fast.
when i see a roleplay where there's no grammar and they rp in one sentence it makes me go crazy. :T

The Wandering Magus

there's a few RPs like that around here too x3  Not that many, but they exist.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Sotha

Wow! Everything is dead around here. What's up with that?

So I've actually made some progress on the larger traditional games I'm designing, for the first time in like five months.

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

ShadowHeart

that sounds cool. I have always wanted to design a video game but I don't have any software for it.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

rhyme writer

Awesome! Must see games, if that's ok with you of course.

Also I come looking for good RPers to RP with.

Oh and I finally wandered back over here

Book Smarts

I beat one video game, now I can't seem to get into another  :c

Sotha

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 02, 14:05:04
nice :3 care to share any?

Well, the two I really want to get to a testable build are as follows (without going into mechanics):

A turn-based-strategy small scale war game emulation card game.

A mercenary-themed deck building game based around an asymmetric combat system.

Quote from: rhyme writer on 2013 Feb 05, 16:33:06
Awesome! Must see games, if that's ok with you of course.

Oh and I finally wandered back over here

Welcome back! What do you mean by "Must see games," though?

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 05, 23:27:33
I beat one video game, now I can't seem to get into another  :c

Which game did you finish?

Blues-Music

Well it seems I have forgot the guild/herd section even existed so I guess I might as well try my luck , and sign up.
OC Name:*Not out yet* Lite
Forum Name:Blues-Music
Activity: On A LOT.
Planned race: Earth pony
Reason to join: It's been a while since I was in a herd , and since the community in this one seems pretty awesome I want to join.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Feb 07, 16:23:17
Well it seems I have forgot the guild/herd section even existed so I guess I might as well try my luck , and sign up.
Reason to join: It's been a while since I was in a herd , and since the community in this one seems pretty awesome I want to join.
welcome to the herd :3

Sotha

Earth pony buddies~!

Ahaut

Julius

Purr~

Travius Trott

welcome here mister, shall write you up on the list shortly.

Sea Foam

Welcome!  ^-^

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Go Up