General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Naura

Yeah, and mega Camerupt, seriously, its a great pokemon >:O
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Julius

Quote from: Naura on 2014 Jul 15, 06:54:11

Or... It could get a regular evolution you know. And some new moves too. It'd be way better.
Purr~

Rikaria

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Jul 15, 10:24:03

Or... It could get a regular evolution you know. And some new moves too. It'd be way better.

They don't have plans on adding new (pre)evolutions. That would probably be saved for Gen VII (if it ever comes to be).
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Rikaria

Something's bothering me: will we be able to save different Super Secret Base layouts/teams and have multiple QR codes, or will we only be allowed one per game/system? If it's the former, I have a great idea for one of my teams that people can fight against (though I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who thought of it), but if it's the latter... I don't think I'll be getting both games anytime around the release.

Meanwhile, more news!

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This reveals Mega Altaria, who is Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate and Mega Lopunny who is Normal/Fighting with Scrappy. It now knows the move High Jump Kick.
It also confirms that with you change your Pikachu's cosplay for contests, it gets special moves. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press
Edit @ 06:56: Mega Salamence is also confirmed and has the ability Aerilate
Edit @ 07:07: Contests are detailed. With you meeting a Contest Idol called Lucia, who will give you special clothes for participating in Pokémon Contests. You also receive a shiny Beldum through an event, where it holds its Mega Stone

Spoiler: Images • show

LostSanity

Mega Salamence was probably only a matter of time as well. Not surprised by that.

I'm slightly surprised by Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny though.

O:
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

All we need now is Mega Flygon >_>

Post Merge

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This image furthers yesterdays and showcases more about Pokémon Contests. It shows the in-game images of the Contest Hall, details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests, and confirms that you can Mega Evolve during the contests, which boosts the Excite Meter & Appeal in the Contests, but can only be done when the Excite Meter is full.

Spoiler: Image • show

Oh dear... I hope this doesn't mean we HAVE to do Contests to get Feebas to evolve now...

Post Merge

Official video footage:

Post Merge

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Details

The official Korean Pokémon website has accidentally uploaded details of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. We're currently translating the details. Note: The pages on the official Korean site have now been removed
Edit @ 09:53: Screenshots added to our pre-release screenshot page
Edit @ 09:57: Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type and the ability Healer. Mega Slowbro has the ability Shell Armor
Edit @ 10:09: Updated the Mega Evolutions page

LostSanity

Wow.

Those are two Mega Evolutions I didn't expect at all...

:o

Rikaria

Even moreso for Audino, seeing as it's retaining one of its Abilities...

Spoiler: EDIT 1 • show
[quote=Serebii]For those of you in Europe, a load of new details have come about the upcoming release of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. First, a special steelbook edition is to be released in Europe. In addition to that, UK pre-order bonuses have been revealed.
Those pre-ordering the Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Limited Edition SteelBook from the Official Nintendo UK Store will receive a miniature representation of Primal Kyogre, whilst those ordering pre-ordering the Pokémon Omega Ruby will receive a miniature representation of Primal Groudon. Both are ideal as collectibles for fans.
Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from GAME will receive one Legendary Figurine of either Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) or Primal Kyogre (Pokémon Alpha Sapphire).
Those who pre-order either Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as a standalone game from ShopTo will receive a 2D Keyring of Torchic, one of the three starter Pokémon in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

[/quote]

Spoiler: EDIT 2 • show
[quote=Serebii]Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Pre-order Bonus for Japan

A new trailer has come out for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has been revealed and showcases various aspects of the game including diving and more. There also appeared to be a feature where you can see parts of a Pokémon in the wild, such as Pikachu's tail, and approach it to appear in battle
In addition to this, it features details on the Japanese pre-order details. Pre-orders in Japan open on September 20th and all who pre-order will receive special figures of Primal Groudon & Primal Kyogre, different to the ones Europe is receiving. If you pre-order a special double pack of the games (comes with both games and both figures) for 9,142¥, you will also receive 100 Potions through 2 Serial Codes, one for each game. If you download the digital version of the game between November 21st 2014 and November 30th 2014, you will receive 12 Quick Balls. We also got dating for the shiny Beldum event. It will run from November 21st 2014 until January 14th 2015
- Edit @ 05:06: It is also confirmed, through images of the Download Card, that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will require approximately 1.8GB in order to download to your Nintendo 3DS. This is a further 100MB more than Pokémon X & Y
- Edit @ 07:05: In addition to the above pre-order bonuses, if you pre-order two copies at Pokémon Centers in Japan, you will also receive a special Hoenn Artbook, and if you pre-order just one, you get the aforementioned figures as well as a shiny metallic poster of the box-art

[/quote]

Spoiler: EDIT 3 • show
[quote=Serebii]Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The first images for this month have started to appear. In this image, from the magazine Weekly Shonen Sunday, it confirms that, in next month's issue of CoroCoro, due out on October 15th, a special serial code will be given. This Serial Code offers you a trial version of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire which appears to have you pick between Grovyle, Combusken & Marshtomp and ends with the obtaining of a Mega Evolution. We'll bring more on this as it comes
- Edit @ 09:33: Mega Gallade revealed
- Edit @ 09:39: Mega Sharpedo & Mega Camerupt have also been confirmed. Mega Sharpedo has the ability Strong Jaw while Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force
- Edit @ 09:46: Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Sea of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal. Primal Groudon's new move is called Cliff's Blade
- Edit @ 09:49: Mega Camerupts Speed is decreased, but every other stat is increased while all of Sharpedo's stats get an increase

[/quote]

Julius

Mega Camerupt though. :D

I can't believe that actually happened! I'm excited!
Purr~

Naura

2014 Sep 10, 10:48:49 #109 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 10, 10:59:06 by Naura
Camerupt gets a mega evo?
I can now die in peace...
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

GoldenTerrabyte

Oooh, Gallade! Now, you know who I really want to get a Mega? Pidgeot. He's wayyyy underrated. And he's been my favorite ever since I first got into pokémon. Plus he'd look awesome mega evolved...
I'm back

LostSanity

Mega Gallade was kind of inevitable if you really think about it...

Because there's a Mega Gardevoir.  X3

I'm genuinely surprised that there's going to be a Mega Sharpedo and a Mega Camerupt though...

:o

Naura

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 10, 13:08:34
Now, you know who I really want to get a Mega? Pidgeot. He's wayyyy underrated. And he's been my favorite ever since I first got into pokémon. Plus he'd look awesome mega evolved...

True, its on my team of the Sacred Six (I'm so creative with names).
And also, something I forgot to mention...

BUT I CALLED IT! (I am seriously so happy he got a mega, if a team could involve 7 pokemon, Camerupt be on mine...)

Rikaria

2014 Sep 11, 16:34:14 #113 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 12, 12:59:03 by Rikaria
Spoiler: Original post • show
[quote=Serebii]Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Europe

A new promotion has been announced for Europe. If you register a Nintendo 3DS and a copy of Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire onto the European Club Nintendo site from today (for the 3DS) or game launch for each game until January 12th, then you will be given a choice of receiving a free download code for several titles including Pokémon Art Academy as well as various other Nintendo games.
___

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming game Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. This continues on from yesterday's information and reveals Primal Kyogre's new move, Origin Wave. Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution. It also states clarifications about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen
Edit @ 06:09: Mega Gallade details confirmed. It is Psychic/Fighting-type still, and has the ability Inner Focus[/quote]
I wonder what that "something special" is O:

Spoiler: EDIT • show
[quote=Serebii]Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Trailer & English Details

The Pokémon Company has uploaded a new trailer which showcases all of the new information and Mega Evolutions from the past week. Primal Kyogre's ability is Primordial Sea and it blocks Fire-type moves and changing the weather. Its move is Origin Pulse. Primal Groudon's ability is Desolate Land and it blocks Water-type moves and changing the weather. It's move is Precipice Blades. Both moves can hit multiple opponents. The new weathers are permanent but fade when the Pokémon is switched out
The demo version has also been confirmed the west
- Edit @ 15:11: The Global Link and Pokémon Bank have also been confirmed to be compatible
- Edit @ 15:15; The Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Soundtrack to come to Japan on December 3rd while the Pokémon Center will receive special edition New Nintendo 3DS units in Japan. These come with the game pre-installed for 19000¥

[/quote]

Stardust Dragon

2014 Sep 13, 02:46:13 #114 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 13, 02:49:05 by Stardust Dragon
As we started seeing art for Maxie and Archie I was more receptive to the idea of Megas Camerupt and Sharpedo.  Gallade caught me by surprise, but that cape...I want one!  Funny thing is I was already setting up to breed a Gallade to match my Gardevoir.  Here's hoping my breeding plan still works with his Mega Evo!

As for the new upgraded weather...I suppose it's fitting that we get stronger weather conditions out of the two original weather 'mon.  I wonder if the new conditions affect any other types, like melting Ice moves or something like that. 

Rikaria

Spoiler: Mostly details about the demo • show
[quote=Serebii]- For those of you in Europe, some new hardware bundles have been announced. This bundle is for a special Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre themed Nintendo 2DSs. These consoles are transparent red and blue, to match the Ruby & Sapphire theme of the games.. The consoles will be available on their own in Europe on November 7th without the Pokémon name, or bundled with the games on November 28th.
- Edit @ 09:10: They have also revealed details on the demo in Europe, coming in various areas on October 15th. The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from GAME, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch. The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases. GAME Stores will distribute their codes Nationwide via Nintendo Zone.
- Edit @ 09:25: The Netherlands has announced that you can get the demo at their firstlook event on October 11th/12th, or at their autumn tour
- Edit @ 11:20: Italian details have been revealed. You can get the demo in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November., during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls), during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity & at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.
- Edit @ 11:33: If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th
- Edit @ 18:29: French details have been revealed. There will be multiple methods, the first being through codes distributed at Paris Games Week from October 29th to November 2nd, other methods will be running from October 15th but have yet to be announced

___

- For those of you in Germany, the details of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed in German McDonalds restaurants utilising the Nintendo Zone on your Nintendo 3DS from October 15th. To access it, you simply access the option in the Nintendo Zone to receive a code that can be redeemed at the Nintendo eShop
___

- For those of you in Australia, the details of the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo have been released. This demo is to be distributed by Nintendo sending out codes to select Club Nintendo members on October 15th. Following that, it'll be available at certain retailers from November 3rd. We'll bring more details on more countries as we get them
- Edit @ 08:51: For those of you in Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland, you can go on the official Nintendo website for Sweden in order to register for the code. Once registered, you will receive the code on October 16th
- Edit @ 14:55: For those of you in South Africa, you can receive the demo at the rAge expo, for the first 1500 people or at BT Games, Toy Zone, Toys R Us, or AWX while stocks last.
___

- More details of the worldwide release of the demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire have been released. In South Korea, you'll be able to download the demo from October 18th at various emart, Home plus & LotteMart stores across South Korea. Like before, you get a code for the download on the Nintendo eShop.[/quote]

Spoiler: New details about the games • show
[quote=Serebii]- The livestream for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Sapphire has been airing and has revealed some new footage will be interspersed with their playthrough of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. We'll be posting everything that is noteworthy. It started off showing the two trainers meeting upstairs. We'll bring more as it comes so keep checking back.
- Edit @ 12:16: So far, aside from the footage at the beginning, the footage shown is that which has been contained in previous trailers including meeting Roxanne in Rustboro City Gym, taking the boat from Petalburg to Dewford Town, and Team Aqua in the Oceanic Museum.
- Edit @ 16:02: Mega Rayquaza has been revealed. It has a new ability called Delta Stream which creates a new weather effect that removes weather and makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are usually weak to will only deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon in the battle. It lasts as long as Rayquaza is in battle
- Edit @ 16:08: Trailer also shows a move called Dragon Ascent which is said to be the most powerful Flying-type move
- Edit @ 16:16: The reason why Mega Rayquaza is a Mega Evolution and not a Primal Reversion is to be explained in the story. It will also Mega Evolve through a way different to other Pokémon
- Edit @ 16:45: The official site posted some of the lore behind Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza:

"It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then..."

[/quote]

Ahri

Remakes yeah....

It can't be that hard to come up with a new story Nintendo?
Some guys on reddit made pokemon zeta and it wasn't even official....

I beat those games like 3 times
please don't attempt to message me, I don't want to be anyone's friend on here.

Rikaria

The stories were never the strong point of the main Pokémon games, honestly. I have more fun exploring the worlds within them.

GoldenTerrabyte

But in my honest opinion, so far it seems like these remakes DO have new stories, it definitely seems different from the original R&S story.
I'm back

LostSanity

Mega Rayquaza huh?

Because that legendary wasn't OP enough?

*sighs* Oh well...

:I

Go Up