A thread to help people be up to speed on LoE

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Apr 15, 01:04:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tekner

Quote from: tgame223 on 2013 Aug 20, 04:18:27
ono when is the beta?  :c i just made a account and no game access
Please read our FAQ and check if any of your questions have already been answered before asking. In this board alone, the following threads address your question:

This goes for everyone. Sorry to be so blunt, but this question has been asked far too many times. Please just try to pay more attention.

windbreaker

While I am fully aware that the game won't be heading into a playable beta for a while, I still have one question: would it not be possible to get an offline version? I'm pretty sure that that would get quite a few people to keep quiet, and give them something to do other than pestering you guys.

Tekner

Quote from: windbreaker on 2013 Sep 07, 16:35:50
While I am fully aware that the game won't be heading into a playable beta for a while, I still have one question: would it not be possible to get an offline version? I'm pretty sure that that would get quite a few people to keep quiet, and give them something to do other than pestering you guys.
Legends of Equestria is an MMORPG. Asking for an offline version is like asking to play one-person chess or checkers: It just doesn't make sense. Not only that, but changing the code to not require a server is too much work for the sole purpose of appeasing people. Sorry. We've been down this road before too.

Mizuki

2013 Dec 01, 08:07:09 #183 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 01, 08:09:38 by Mizuki
Hello! Sorry to be a bother, but I was just wondering, is this "Road to Alpha!" info-graphic still accurate?

http://i.imgur.com/rWv4ugk.png

I'm guessing "no" since this image is from a way's back, but is it still something that the team uses? Does an updated version of this image exist? (assuming it's still being used/accurate/etc)

Sorry for the weird question :)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

McSleuthburger

that thing is so out of date
I dont think there is an updated version though
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Mizuki

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Dec 03, 19:45:30
that thing is so out of date
I dont think there is an updated version though

It sure would be nice if someone on the team did make an updated version.. :nod:

Unless the branches and stuff aren't even the same anymore and it'd totally need to be remade or something then ha nvm was just curious!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

dynamite

It's too bad that the mane six won't be around. I want to read quests they give out relevant to their background.

Arteezy Shizzle

QuoteOf course, we know that there will be hats, lots and lots of hats.

inb4 LoE is the new TF2.

Yozer247

I would love if there was an updated version of the road to alpha, ive been getting very hyped for this game and I feel that something like a change-log or some sort of (dare i say) friendship report for every weeks progress could really help people know what's going on with the game.
It could even have different sections from each"department" that people do work on, so there could be a small report of a few new sound effects from the sound people and then the artists could show some new designs they have been working on.
I understand that everyone here is a volunteer so the updates can be as small or as big as they want really.

I think it could be a good way for people to connect to what the team is doing in the game instead of just showing who is in what team and saying we are working on it. I can imagine after the open server weekend there will be a lot of bug reports and things that the team can get fixing so to put things in the change-log like fixing a bug that many people encountered can make people appreciate the work the team puts in more as the people realise how this bug affected their game play and can be glad it is fixed.

I think that this project has a lot of potential and already has a very large audience waiting for it so im trying to help out as I can ^^

I would love to sign up as a volunteer and help out, but I am only 15 and know nothing that can be really useful to the game. However I will be taking A-level programming in college so around the time I turn 16 im hoping I am proficient enough in coding C# and using unity to help out.
*insert clever and innovative signature here*

dynamite

2014 Feb 17, 02:27:01 #189 Last Edit: 2014 Feb 17, 02:30:58 by dynamite
Not sure if I said this already but pity there won't be any canon characters from the show in it. Hasbro should let it go just this once... but seeing as their policies are solid iron that might take a bit of nudging and winking. I mean if private groups built dolls, toys and other merchandise regarding the characters and selling them (probably giving Hasbro a cut) I don't see why not unless the staff of EO don't want to give a cut though of course the project is non-profit, there won't be any revenue to give to Hasbro. But the dilemma is if profit is made from the game, even if donations are made then Hasbro lawyers will come hard down on EO.

Hasbro should get into the online game business. Something as big a name as MLP and with such a large fandom would make it profitable. Make MLP Online for real. Not that I'm saying Equestria Online shouldn't continue. Heck they should hire some of the staff from EO to help make it.

Prismatic

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Feb 17, 02:27:01Hasbro should get into the online game business. Something as big a name as MLP and with such a large fandom would make it profitable. Make MLP Online for real. Not that I'm saying Equestria Online shouldn't continue. Heck they should hire some of the staff from EO to help make it.

They already have the Gameloft game (which despite not being an MMO does encourage players to interact with one another).  I have a feeling because games are a non-tangible resource in terms of copyrights and management that it wouldn't be profitable.  Unless it was either pay to win (and from what I've learned about the freemium model, the top single digit players are the ones putting a majority into the system) which is somewhat what the show doesn't correlate to or using subscription based service that many may not have access to.

Minty522

I didn't feel this question warranted its own thread, so hope here is an okay place to ask.

Just wished to know if the export codes in the current Pony Creator would be able to be imported into the upcoming version of the game for the server weekend.

It would be great to save time this way and jump into the game sooner.
But if this would in fact not work, then certainly no big deal, and apologies for this waste of a post. :)

Tekner

Quote from: Minty522 on 2014 Apr 06, 13:16:52
I didn't feel this question warranted its own thread, so hope here is an okay place to ask.

Just wished to know if the export codes in the current Pony Creator would be able to be imported into the upcoming version of the game for the server weekend.

It would be great to save time this way and jump into the game sooner.
But if this would in fact not work, then certainly no big deal, and apologies for this waste of a post. :)
The game will always be compatible with the online pony creator. The online pony creator is updated more often than the game (obviously, since you always have access to that.) So some time after the Open Server Weekend has closed, I may make an update to the Character Creator that makes it incompatible with the old version of the game, but I make sure they're compatible when a new game build comes out.

Minty522

Thanks a lot for that very helpful info.

Certainly be nice to jump straight in and not have to adjust the various colours to my picky specifications all over again. ^-^

Thank you for making another person in this world just that bit more informed!

Peace Keeper

I have a question regarding about the servers. My herd is ready to join the next OSW and to prevent confusion and separation from our group, I was wondering if the server name and locations will stay the same?
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Weatherboy1

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Jul 12, 19:44:37
I have a question regarding about the servers. My herd is ready to join the next OSW and to prevent confusion and separation from our group, I was wondering if the server name and locations will stay the same?

Based on my experience of the past few server tests, yes the locations will remain the same and the servers are almost for sure will stay the same. Just expect new locations to come though.

Peace Keeper

Thanks very much. If more servers would come, I will surely discuss this with the group. The Levade server I get about a 5-25 ms latency, but I'm unsure if my other members would find the new locations more closer, but I'll see when the weekend comes.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

XxRocketDashxX

if anybody has any tips on how download the game beacuse when i download for 64-bit it says there's no data in the game
"Science is true power!"-Kokonoe

NoVasStrike

I am soooooo lost! I don't even know what or where to download anything and everything. I just wanna give the game a try and need some simple direction, please.
James

Jacob Skysword

It won't let me log on.. when I try to log on all I get is an error 404

Go Up