3D, 2D, Concept Art, Writing, Design, and Programming departments recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 02, 01:11:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sky sketch

i want to be part of the 3D/ animation team or concept art team but i use maya to do my moderling and i am lurning how to use blender. the 3D things i do have arn't mlp related so i guess i should make some mlp stuff to send as well X3
I'm a coming sandwich
[move][/move]

Bluebell

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 06, 11:32:12
Quote from: Bluebell on 2013 Jul 06, 10:54:54
Sent mine in for writing. *crosses hooves* I have my doubts but I thought I might as well!

I wish you the best of luck, fellow writer.

Thank you and I wish you good fortune as well!

Cruent

I applied for designer and writer ^-^ Really hoping I get an answer, itd be so great.

Greentea

I just have a quick question, for the writing sample does it have to be MLP related? Or can it be just about anything?  :P Thanks for your time everyone and good luck to you all  0:)

Blue Ink

Quote from: Greentea on 2013 Jul 07, 17:14:00
I just have a quick question, for the writing sample does it have to be MLP related? Or can it be just about anything?  :P Thanks for your time everyone and good luck to you all  0:)

The writing sample does not have to be MLP related.  :D

Best of luck!
[move][/move]

Blaze

Are the applications sent for the previous recruiting thread void now or were none of them of interest?

GlassMirror

to answer ur question Asterian, I applied to be a concept artist. :)

ig1mi

I would send a application for the postion xxx But, I have college to worry about, atm xD
It's better to live in the present than in the past.

Night Pony

Quote from: Blaze on 2013 Jul 07, 21:52:23
Are the applications sent for the previous recruiting thread void now or were none of them of interest?

I would like to know this as well, since the TLs apparently do not have even 5min to write a mass email with a "Sorry you are rejected."

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

MiJyn

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 08, 03:59:59

I would like to know this as well, since the TLs apparently do not have even 5min to write a mass email with a "Sorry you are rejected."

Yeah, I second that... Especially if people open up their schedules just to fit LoE in (if they get accepted), and then they don't know whether they were accepted or not. >.<
"I am your father" - Darth Vader (previously known as Anakin Skywalker)

Kit

Quote from: MiJyn on 2013 Jul 08, 04:18:56
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 08, 03:59:59

Yeah, I second that... Especially if people open up their schedules just to fit LoE in (if they get accepted), and then they don't know whether they were accepted or not. >.<

A few of the applications from the previous round of recruiting are still being reviewed.  It is ok for you to resubmit an application at this time as you may have newer material for us to take a look at.

It is common practice for organizations to not respond to applications.  If you are not used to this now, you will get used to it when you go hunting for a job.

It is also common practice to not get snarky with the organization you are applying to.

Skrybe

Just applied for one of the writer positions, I have a good feeling about my writing abilities, and I hope my writing style was what the Dev-team is looking for.

Little Star

Weatherboy1

hypereddie

Just sent in my application for programmer. Even though most of the stuff on my github (https://github.com/hypereddie10) is Java, C# is very similar. If they need example work for C#, I'll make some/post some  ^-^.

EleganceCharm

I never saw anything answering this but... Is there payment involved? Or is it strictly voluntary?

I applied for concept artist. I don't expect payment, but I wouldn't complain if there is.

DesertTrackz

This is unfortunate. I have recently taken all of my art portfolio's offline and coincidentally lost all of my digital works. I am however getting a new touchscreen tablet in a few days and will be getting back to work on art commissions, as I'm currently jobless and have way too much free time.
I'd love to join this project, but I really have nothing spectacular to show beyond doodles and sketches. I've worked on a couple games before as a 2D artist and a Concept Artist. If I cannot join officially due to a lack of a portfolio, being an unofficial volunteer would be nice.
Send me a message I guess.

Julius

Quote from: EleganceCharm on 2013 Jul 08, 22:12:27
I never saw anything answering this but... Is there payment involved? Or is it strictly voluntary?

I applied for concept artist. I don't expect payment, but I wouldn't complain if there is.

This project is completely voluntary, so no, no one gets paid. However,  you get great experience for future jobs/projects of course, so I'd say it's worth it! Not to mention, you're putting your work out there for all bronies to see! ^-^
Purr~

EleganceCharm

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jul 09, 01:41:16
This project is completely voluntary, so no, no one gets paid. However,  you get great experience for future jobs/projects of course, so I'd say it's worth it! Not to mention, you're putting your work out there for all bronies to see! ^-^

Okie dokie. The word "hiring" just confused me.  :D

Go Up