That feeling of beating childhood games you previously could never beat

Started by Itty Bit, 2013 Apr 20, 02:04:15

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

So recently I've gotten the urge to play my old NES games the past week or so now. And throughout that week, I played through quite a few games I never beat as a kid, such as Zelda II, Metroid, and Duck Tales. While some of them were pretty tricky at times (Kraid), I was pretty proud to say none of them were anywhere nearly as hard as I imagined them to be back when I was a kid. It feels good to finally be able to say I beat these games I put off for so long! Makes me feel even better to say I beat them without using any strategy guides or walkthroughs, either!
You guys get that same feeling?

The Stars

For me, Zelda Oracle of Seasons :U
Game was way too long XD

I STILL can't get around to beating OOT, but that's cause I'm too lazy to actually play it >.>

And Also, even the N64 Castlevania games :U I beat them ONCE on the main character, but I never could, for some reason, accomplish Carrie's Mission in Castlevania, nor did I have an easy time doing Reignheart's AND Carrie's mission on Legacy of Darkness... LOGIC!? Mostly referring to Carrie though :U. I love magic; how was I THAT bad with her as a kid?
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Itty Bit

That's funny, I have yet to beat OoT and Oracle of Seasons as well XD

I am on the second-to-last dungeon with each of them, but I just haven't bothered to finish them. Seasons I'm probably gonna get to sometime this week now that I'm on a roll. OoT however, I just don't have any motivation to finish it. Lame excuse as any, I just don't have any good N64 controllers to play with to want to keep playing.

Now that I think of it, a lousy Wii motion plus is the reason I have yet to finish Skyward Sword, too...

Flamestriker

The most satisfaction from beating an old game was beating Fire Emblem...

The sublime satisfaction of beating the final boss made me cheer so loud!
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

I may get that feeling if I replay the Spyro the Dragon games without cheatcodes. I kinda used cheatcodes on all my Spyro games when I was a kid. X3
I miss cheatcodes. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

HerpyDooves

When I saw this thread, I was actually thinking about the old Spyro games. lol

The third Spyro game was the first I ever played, and to think I was being spoiled by even owning the best game ever. There used to be that one door that needed, like, ALL the gems in the game to get through, but my brother and I were never able to get through it, no matter how much we played. I'm sure I could probably get through it now, but the game is long gone.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Apr 20, 04:16:03
The most satisfaction from beating an old game was beating Fire Emblem...

The sublime satisfaction of beating the final boss made me cheer so loud!

Same, I learned to lvl up the lord, and not promote anybody until they were at lvl 2y0

Go Up