Best Princess

Started by Asriel, 2018 Jan 09, 23:21:21

previous topic - next topic

Which of the Princesses is your favorite? Pick one for who you think is best as a Princess, and then one for who you think is best as a pony.

Princess Celestia
Princess Luna
Princess Cadence
Princess Twilight
Flurry Heart, I guess? (Not a Princess yet, but if you really want, you can pick her.)
Go Down

Executie

I vote Luna and Cadence!

I like Luna for her character growth and the work she does behind the scenes in the dream world. We see her dreamwalk a few times in the show, and the amount of strength she shows doing it is really impressive.

Celestia is obviously loved by her people, but I don't like her as much because she never went dreamwalking, nor gave the job to anypony else (We see that she's never fought a nightmare in the cutie mark swap episode.) Equestria's citizens suffered nightmares while Luna was on the moon, and they probably blamed them on her, too; Celestia should have made Dreamwalker a station so that her ponies were safe in their own minds, and so that her sister wouldn't have to face yet another problem upon her return.

I really like Cadence for what she represents. Love is one of the most important feelings a person has, whether platonic or romantic or for a place or thing, and without it everything falls apart. The only thing I wish was that Shining got to become a Stallicorn - if there's two princesses of sisterhood, there should be two prince/sses of love!

McFlurry represents familial and platonic love rather than love in general. I like her, sort of, but I feel like they could have done a better job of portraying a baby who needs special considerations. IMO she's also the least adorable baby we really see on screen in the whole show, which is absolutely tragic.

Twilight is... uh... something? For being the main character, I really don't know how I feel about her as a princess. Her role is more like "the head of the bureau of national defense" than "princess of friendship" but she does her job really well and everypony/creature respects her for it, so I won't complain lol.

Go Up