WiiU

Started by Itty Bit, 2012 Nov 19, 15:11:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 26, 22:34:04
I've decided to put the money I have available towards a 3DS, but I'll be interested in hearing what everyone hear thinks about the U in the coming years, as I might want to get one a year or three down the line.

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 26, 22:22:27
That would use quite a bit of memory per game. 1.2GB per game, I still have the Wii and a Gamecube so it's not that big of a deal at least, still buying one when I get the money.  :D

Good luck, and be sure to send me a PM beginning "Dear Princess lurk852..." discussing what you've learned about the magic of the Wii U each week.  ;)

lol

Well, the Wii U Deluxe is 32GB. And you can add additional memory extensions if you wish.

32GB Wii U Deluxe is plenty and a pretty great deal as it comes with Nintendo Land and future bonuses. Comparing it to a Basic Wii U set.

Julius

Quote from: Jenzy on 2012 Nov 26, 23:45:20
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Nov 26, 22:34:04
I've decided to put the money I have available towards a 3DS, but I'll be interested in hearing what everyone hear thinks about the U in the coming years, as I might want to get one a year or three down the line.

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 26, 22:22:27
That would use quite a bit of memory per game. 1.2GB per game, I still have the Wii and a Gamecube so it's not that big of a deal at least, still buying one when I get the money.  :D

Good luck, and be sure to send me a PM beginning "Dear Princess lurk852..." discussing what you've learned about the magic of the Wii U each week.  ;)

lol

Well, the Wii U Deluxe is 32GB. And you can add additional memory extensions if you wish.

32GB Wii U Deluxe is plenty and a pretty great deal as it comes with Nintendo Land and future bonuses. Comparing it to a Basic Wii U set.

Eyup!

Compared to the Deluxe version, the basic version sucks. Specially because of the memory. It arrives to Venezuela in a week, and I'll most likely buy it from my friend's store. :nod:

It'll be for christmas though, so I won't be able to write to our dear Princess Lurk just yet. lol
Purr~

Jenzy

It's already arrived here in the U.S.

Problem: Lack of money :l (I have... $10-30. And I have some games I still want for 3DS like Paper Mario and Proffesor Layton >.<)

Xeno Aura

Comes out in EU in 3 days, but as I said, I won't be buying it for at least a year.

I have about £25, so I can't afford £300 ($480) on a Wii U. lol

With the games costing £40+, I probably couldn't afford any games for it either. So I'll stick to my cheap and cheerful 3DS games for now. :)

Would love to know what you guys think of it though, I don't trust gaming communities, far too much bias going around, and people being... "persuaded" to say certain things.

Rissian

Yeah considering the PS3 and Xbox at the time were pretty expensive they were still worth the buy though, I'm glad Nintendo usually keeps reasonable prices on new consoles.  ^-^

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 27, 12:10:05
Yeah considering the PS3 and Xbox at the time were pretty expensive they were still worth the buy though, I'm glad Nintendo usually keeps reasonable prices on new consoles.  ^-^

Many of you have probably seen this already, but for those who haven't, I thought it was pretty interesting:

Spoiler: show
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Jenzy

Whoah! An NES was over $400?! :I

Rissian

The NES actually retailed at $200 when it launched, but I think the chart is supposed to mean what price it would have been in our current situation. Either that or it's a joke. x3

lurk852

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Nov 28, 01:54:45
The NES actually retailed at $200 when it launched, but I think the chart is supposed to mean what price it would have been in our current situation. Either that or it's a joke. x3

Does no one read the big, bold second line that comes right after the title?  :c

Rissian

2012 Nov 28, 02:02:05 #49 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 28, 02:04:21 by Trege
Err, I did that's why I said I think the price was adjusted for our current situation economy wise.  :c
(Although mentioning economy in the last post probably would have explained what I said better...)

Jenzy

No idea what it meant X3

And yeah. I thought an NES sold for $200. NOT $400 at launch.

lurk852

Oh, heh - then yeah, what Trege said. My bad.

PS3 was crazy. I still ended up buying one not long after launch. Didn't even get all that much use out of it... >.<

The one misleadingish thing about the Wii U there is the $300 label, when it seems as though the "basic" version only exists for the purpose of letting them say that the system is $300.

Jenzy

The Deluxe comes with bonuses as well as Nintendo Land for $50 more. And 32GB

Compared to Basic with 2GB with a separate game for $60.

Rissian

Time to save up and get the Wii U deluxe edition someday.  DD:

Jenzy

Leaves in fall...

Time to find me a job for raking leaves... :s (Or however I can get loot. I wish the 1,000,000+ Coins were actually useful ovO)

Shadow Mare

Got a Wii u, add me NOW!!!

Nintendo ID: DS_Shocktrooper

Go Up