Stuff you're proud of

Started by Ramisha, 2014 Mar 24, 07:21:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SimK64

Spoiler: ... • show

It has been so long since I felt proud of what I accomplished. I can hardly remember any. It is as though there is something missing in my life--a void. Something to keep away from what has happened long ago...

/)>_<

AaronMk

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 May 01, 04:44:35
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 Apr 30, 00:35:28
Spoiler: show
This evening's homemade hamburger.

Mushrooms and onion chopped up and mixed with the paddy, introduced to steak sauce while cooking up. Left to stew in the left-over mushrooms and onion cuttings to caramelize and sweeten. When done, tore up a slice of mozarella and threw that on top.

Cooked at a low to mid-range heat over the stove. Cooked even and slow. Topped with BBQ sauce and tossed onto a bun.

Even the slightly blackened remnants of the mushrooms weren't bad as a sort of finger food. Buttery and sweet from the onion.

Es gut. Sehr gut.

can I haz...?  >A<

I ate it and I am out of hamburger.

One of these days I should see if I can get catfish in Michigan. I should. Would like to see if I can bring what I tasted in NOLA up here to my home kitchen. Blackened catfish would be nice.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

LostSanity

The fact that I defeated Aeronite in Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII-3.

:3

I'll be attempting The Ultimate Lair next. You may wish me luck if you choose to do so. I may or may not need it...

ovO
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Verdant Tome

Quote from: SimK64 on 2014 May 01, 11:29:29
Spoiler: ... • show

It has been so long since I felt proud of what I accomplished. I can hardly remember any. It is as though there is something missing in my life--a void. Something to keep away from what has happened long ago...

/)>_<

Aw, come on, don't be like that! Certainly there's something you've done well lately - whatever it is, you can definitely feel proud about how well you did it!

SimK64

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 01, 18:55:44
Aw, come on, don't be like that! Certainly there's something you've done well lately - whatever it is, you can definitely feel proud about how well you did it!

Can't say I'm proud of my gaming achievements. The most major ones I can think of right now are boss battles from Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby 64, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl (on Intense with Fox, Ness, Lucas, Wario, and Ganondorf).

Verdant Tome

Quote from: SimK64 on 2014 May 01, 20:40:36
Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 01, 18:55:44

Can't say I'm proud of my gaming achievements. The most major ones I can think of right now are boss battles from Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby 64, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl (on Intense with Fox, Ness, Lucas, Wario, and Ganondorf).

See? Those are some things to be proud of. I can't vouch for the difficulty of them, having never played any of those games, but I know bosses are meant to be tough, and Intense is the highest difficulty in Brawl - and you beat the Subspace Emissary (I assume) on that difficulty five different times with five different characters. Give yourself some credit; that's a real achievement, I'd say.

SimK64

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 01, 23:27:55
and Intense is the highest difficulty in Brawl - and you beat the Subspace Emissary (I assume) on that difficulty five different times with five different characters. Give yourself some credit; that's a real achievement, I'd say.

Eh. Close enough. It's more of a boss rush mode (Boss battles) than Subspace Emissary (Adventure Mode). Dodging the final boss's instant KO attack still throws me off.

Biscuit Bun

All of you guys have really neat stories :D I guess I'll drop in for a sec and share what I'm proud of. My friend and I have a few silly machinimas created for school projects and 'personal giggles'. Meaning we don't necessarily make them to get tons of views and fans and what-not, just for fun. Although, getting more experienced in the whole thing I think it's safe to say I've made the latest installments a bit more approachable to outsiders, which is what i am attempting to create for the season 2 release of our original series, which you can find the trailer for here:
Spoiler: Scrap & Bulb Season 2 • show
(===((I)( :::::::::::::> A Wild Honedge appeared!
(/°0°)/ ~o  (===((I)( :::::::::::::>
((o)).....~o~.....((o)).....*o* CLICK

Ramisha

Ha I'm the student of the year  :P

Jaywo

I sat down and made this the other day :D;
Spoiler: show

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

ManeFlame

That's adorable. I also approve of this as that's the only item I wear in game.
Other than the AJ hat sometimes cause... AJ.

Jaywo

Thanks, me too. I also crafted a mask for Halloween, but I can't for the life of me find it. X3
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 May 01, 10:24:08
I've beaten a handful of difficult games in my time, such as Battletoads, Ghost N Goblins, and Super Meat Boy B)
Nice! Now try Zelda II. Nobody beats that game. Except maybe you if you try... How hard is it, do you ask? Let's just say this...
I couldn't get to the second dungeon. Not I couldn't beat it. I couldn't even get to it, because it's so hard and annoying.
I'm back

ManeFlame

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 06, 21:26:15
I've beaten a handful of difficult games in my time, such as Battletoads, Ghost N Goblins, and Super Meat Boy B)
Nice! Now try Zelda II. Nobody beats that game. Except maybe you if you try... How hard is it, do you ask? Let's just say this...
I couldn't get to the second dungeon. Not I couldn't beat it. I couldn't even get to it, because it's so hard and annoying.

Protip: If you ever get to the final boss, thunder is your friend. Your best friend ever.

Also, anyone who beats Battletoads gets insta gamer cred. Doesn't matter which one.

Jaywo

Oh geeze Battletoads...
I've only ever watched the game on YouTube and I'm already on the verge of rage-quitting. :c

LostSanity

Now I've beaten BOTH Aeronite and Ereshkigal, the hardest bosses in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII-3.

I'm in eternal bliss.

:3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Verdant Tome

Taking all the pre-Sandman fighters in the World Circuit down without a single loss on Punch-Out!! Wii.
Actually, only having one single loss in my entire record so far. Piston Hondo got me once... I wasn't happy.

Also, turning around a failing grade in a class within just two days of hard work and catching up past-due assignments - on the instructor's permission - and coming back to pass the course. And impressing the teacher with my work ethic and ability to do what I had done, as well as being the only student of his who had ever done that.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 06, 21:26:15

I already beat that too, I just havent listed it.
I cant belive I forgot that one though, that one's also well known!

PrincessButton

Awe, I really like this topic idea... It's nice that people can share the things that they are proud of.  ^-^

I'm pretty proud that I finished my first year of college and passed all my classes. Not a big feat... I know, but I feel proud anyway.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Jaywo

I really don't want to post anything at the moment because I have a one-upping problem.

Also, Pinkie, your personal text made me roll off the couch laughing. lol

Go Up