General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Well I just hope I have enough money to buy pokemon super mystery dungeon, but of course that's before thanksgiving.

I imagine if there was a pokemon snap remake for the 3DS. if there was, we would've saved pictures on the SD card.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Stardust Dragon

So after willfully ignoring the whole Slowpoke thing going on on Pokemon's main website the past few days, I finally decided to heck with it and watched the video.

This...I...what even...?  o_O

Who the heck greenlit this?  Who even thought it up?  What did I even just watch?!

Am I taking this too seriously, or is someone else just as baffled by this as I am?

Naura

I think my cause of death might be laughing lol
I have no idea what this is, but I like it, I only find the shade of pink annoying to the eye.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

2015 Sep 10, 09:01:35 #703 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 10, 09:05:05 by Rikaria
Pokémon GO was announced to be a free game for Android and iOS devices in 2016. Battle, capture, and trade Pokémon in real life!

Spoiler: If you don't wanna watch the press conference in the above link • show
[quote=Serebii]The official site has posted about a press conference being held today about a future business strategy. This was livestreamed on the video platform NicoNico in Japan. On the NicoNico page, it stated that new partner companies will be introduced.

Edit @ 07:04: The new project is in conjunction with Nintendo. It utilizes smartphones and seems to feature capturing and battling of Pokémon.

Edit @ 07:07: Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be released on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.

Edit @ 07:18: Go around and use the Augmented Reality to find various Pokémon in various areas. Meet up for various small fests for battling and so forth.

Edit @ 07:20: Junichi Masuda is assisting in creating locations, music and so forth.

Edit @ 07:21: Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way.

Edit @ 07:24: Pokémon Go comes with a device you can attach to your wrist. It's called Pokémon Go Plus which connects via bluetooth and notifies the player of any nearby Pokémon. Pokémon Go is free to play but has in-app purchases.

[/quote]
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Julius

I can't express how excited and happy that makes me I just want to scream. AAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D
Purr~

Necroceine

Ingress is really good, and it has none of the bad practices in mobile gaming so I've got high hopes for this too.

Naura

2015 Sep 10, 16:29:42 #706 Last Edit: 2015 Sep 10, 17:08:54 by Naura
Spoiler: High Pitched noise to show excitement • show

THIS. IS. THE. FUTURE! O: :3
It would be one of the best things in Pokémon history (based by the idea, of course I can't judge the entire thing) iiiiif it wasn't for in-game purchases :l It'll make the game a lot less fun if it will be buy-able Pokémon, hopefully its only pokéballs, potions and so you can buy.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Stardust Dragon

I might actually consider upgrading to an Android for this (still uses a dumb phone from years ago).  Just hope the novelty doesn't wear off as quick as Shuffle's did, or that it comes back around later.

Necroceine

Oh, that's where people have been getting that it's going to have microtransactions. I am less interested now, honestly.

LostSanity

You lost me at "micro-transactions"

No thanks. I don't have $1 mil to throw at micro-transactions.

Besides I don't have a smartphone anyway.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiThe first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some further details about Zygarde. Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell, or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. The new large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the Order Pokémon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg and is said to exceed Xerneas and Yveltal in power. The new animé series called Pokémon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29, 2015. It also reveals a new look for Greninja, labelling it "Ash Greninja". The magazine mentions that it looks sort of like Ash's clothes.

Spoiler: Images • show

If it wasn't obvious, Zygarde 50% Forme is the one we know from X/Y. Also, Ash Greninja is at the bottom-right of the second pic.

Naura

I like the Zygrade idea, yes!
But that Ash Greninja... >A<

LostSanity

*does the THANK GOD ITS NOT GEN 7 dance*

:P
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Stardust Dragon

Wow, I always liked Zygarde, but now it feels like there's a good reason to.  That's awesome!!

Rikaria

Official details of the recent Zygarde and Ash Greninja stuff:

Quote from: SerebiiMost of the forms keep their name, but Zygarde Perfect Forme is to be called Zygarde Complete Forme in the west. It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!

Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.

Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.

Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!

Spoiler: Images • show

Edit @ 03:09: The first trailer for the anime has been released.

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - Coverage Day 1

It's that time again, as Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon is now available on the Japanese eShop for the Nintendo 3DS. Our copies have downloaded and we are making a start on coverage. As usual, I'll be posting the main focal points here as pages get created and progress continues through the game, while more in-depth details go on the discovery thread on the forums. Throughout the coming days, various sections will be updated including Dungeon Listings and other sections will be created as time goes on so keep checking back.
It requires 13597 blocks/1.8GB to download.

14:11: As stated before, your Pokémon and partner are chosen by personality quiz, but if you don't like that, you can choose not to do those options and select your own.

Then why bother taking the quiz... :l

Julius

I mean, it's there if you want to! I definitely like the quizzes, so I will be doing those! But as it's been said in this thread before, some people don't, so they can just skip that. :)
Purr~

Naura

You could've at least made it so you didn't have to skip the personal quiz?! :l
Oh well, I suppose a lot more people will be happy this way.

Also, when you post updates about PSMD, could you put them in a spoiler until 1 week after it has been released in english? So everyone has a chance looking at the thread for other things.

KirbyFluttershy

The official site for pokemon super mystery dungeon is up, but only part of the information is revealed though. At least we're gonna get more information off from the japanese version from serebii.

Rikaria

2015 Oct 09, 10:50:27 #718 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 09, 10:56:59 by Rikaria
Finally, some actual news:

Quote from: SerebiiFor those of you in Europe, the Hoopa distribution has been announced. This distribution will run in GAME stores in the UK from October 23rd to November 5th, Gamestop stores in Germany from October 16th 2015 to November 7th 2015. French and Spanish dates are forth coming, as are North American dates. It is obtained via Serial Code and will be available to all X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games.

Edit @ 13:26: Following the reveal of a mysterious event on Wednesday, it has now been confirmed by Nintendo Benelux that Hoopa is to be distributed at the First Look Festival in the Netherlands this weekend on October 10th and 11th.

Edit @ 15:10: A US press release has confirmed that Hoopa will be distributed in North America later this year.

KirbyFluttershy

I'm starting to think that the new main stages and competition stages are giving a run for our coins. The new main stages are becoming more harder and tricky to clear and as for the competition stages, it's for scoring higher.

Have you guys noticed about other people using ditto, and shiny genesect in pokemon shuffle lately? I noticed them on the leaderboards during the competition stages, but some of us can't use those type of pokemon. I'm just hoping that nintendo and/or pokemon company can do a patch on those unobtainable pokemon and reset those scores.

Go Up