General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SimK64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 04, 14:02:28
The female was mainly to make my own breeding easier, since I was going to fiddle around with names, natures and hopefully shininess (I'm crazy I know, but the character I want to reference makes better use of Swanna's shiny coloring).  I hadn't considered a type of Poke Ball, but if you're seriously offering may I request a Quick or a Great Ball?

I see.
I ask this because breeding a female without a ditto can transfer the Pokeball to their offspring.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: SimK64 on 2015 Jun 04, 14:04:38
I see.
I ask this because breeding a female without a ditto can transfer the Pokeball to their offspring.

Yeah, I pulled that off on my Bisharp as well, but that was only because the Timer Ball looked shockingly like a Jaeger from Pacific Rim's head (Tacit Ronin, specifically.  The same name I gave said Bisharp).

SimK64

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jun 04, 14:08:57
Yeah, I pulled that off on my Bisharp as well, but that was only because the Timer Ball looked shockingly like a Jaeger from Pacific Rim's head (Tacit Ronin, specifically.  The same name I gave said Bisharp).

Very well.

This was easier than I thought. Are you available? I'm playing Pokemon X.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Jun 04, 14:14:19 #543 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 04, 14:26:33 by Stardust Dragon
Quote from: SimK64 on 2015 Jun 04, 14:12:44
Very well.

This was easier than I thought. Are you available? I'm playing Pokemon X.

Well that was quick indeed.  Thanks so much!

Rikaria

Related to this thread (though other series are also involved): http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-amiibo-code-digging-suggest-potential-pokemon-lineup-and-more/

I already have Lucario, and I still need to get Charizard, but if this rumor ends up being true... *eyes Diancie*
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

My Friend found the Charizard Amiibo for $14.95 although I don't know what store it came from.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

SimK64

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jun 04, 19:13:08
I already have Lucario, and I still need to get Charizard, but if this rumor ends up being true... *eyes Diancie*

I am quite surprised. Charizard isn't as rare as Lucario in terms of Amiibos.

Rikaria

It apparently is around where I live... >.<

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

A brand new challenge has begun on Pokémon Shuffle. This challenge provides you access to the Pokémon Giratina. It runs from today, June 8th 2015 to June 22nd at 06:00 UTC. This event is an Escalation Battle which has increase in difficulty and rewards as you beat it more, and also makes it easier to catch Giratina the higher the stage's level. At Level 5 you get 1,000 coins, Level 10 a Disruption Delay, Level 30 a Mega Start and Level 50 a Mega Speedup. You need to download the new patch, Version 1.2.2 to obtain it. To celebrate, they are also distributing a Mega Speedup item.
___

The latest update to Pokémon Shuffle has come and includes 10 new Main Stages and 3 Expert Stages.
___

The second wave of Daily Events has begun again. Over the next two weeks, the Pokémon that were released a couple of months ago, specifically Specifically Pachirisu, Sigilyph, Tropius, Farfetch'd, and Druddigon on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday respectively. This is the perfect opportunity to get these Pokémon if they were missed before.

And yes, Mega Speedup is the candy that we give Pokémon with Mega Evolutions.

KirbyFluttershy

Yeah. I noticed the mega speedup. If I'm right, they have to be earned in certain ways, but if it's one of those micro-transactions, then probably it's the price that we have to pay.

Rikaria

At the moment, it seems Mega Speedups are only via events. The only two so far are via just Checking In as part of a celebration and defeating Level 50 Giratina.

KirbyFluttershy

Giratina gets tougher as you level it higher and it's the same difficulty as you progress through the main stages. Probably the origin form is gonna be the same.

Rikaria

Pretty sure it's not the same difficulty, because I was able to beat it in a few moves very early on, but starting near (or before) 20, it takes me 10+. Then there's the fact that disruptions start interfering, changing the higher up you are. As Serebii pointed out in an earlier post of theirs, one of the higher-up ones involves FOUR FULL ROWS of frozen blocks. So yeah... getting to 50 will be fun :l

EDIT: Apparently according to Serebii, we get another Mega Speedup at Level 100, but that's not all. According to one player, 100 isn't the last.

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Jun 08, 23:35:52 #552 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 09, 00:06:12 by KirbyFluttershy
Wow, Tyranitar Stage is just too insane for using multiple disruptions. The chains are pretty hard to get through in terms of the blocks and disruptions. Stabilize, Quake, and Vitality (VIT) Drain aren't helping me at all so I may be thinking that proc chances for quake and VIT drain are pretty much low to me.

Rikaria

An extended trailer for Super Mystery Dungeon has been released. Here's the video:

Questions make a return to determine not only which Pokémon you play as but also your partner this time (according to Serebii).

Being honest: I hated the questions. The fact that they're forced for both you AND your partner now... ugh... (You were somewhat able to pick your partner in Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky after the questions.)

Naura

I love the questions, cause none of my friends bother to look up what questions you need to answer what on to become a special pokémon, so I was the only one who got the one they wanted. Plus answering questions made me feel like the game was more important, and really talking to me, I was the special person X3 But I also remember not liking it because it would make it sound like a whole spices of pokémons had the exact same personality, which made me a little stricter when it came to pokémon role playing, which is probably why I quitted with it, thank god I ain't as strict anymore.
Though I really don't like that you need to ask questions for partner pokémon, I can see that get annoying. When you finally answered the right questions that would give you enough points for that one pokémon you wanted to become yourself, and THEN getting the complete wrong ones for your partner, and having to start over again, trying 10 more times. :c
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Julius

I like the questions. It makes it special, gives you personality, and I always get a Pokemon I like. ^-^
Purr~

Naura

Quote from: Julius on 2015 Jun 09, 10:17:09
I like the questions. It makes it special, gives you personality, and I always get a Pokemon I like. ^-^

Same, because there isn't a pokémon I don't like X3
Except Zubat, but everyone who has played Pokémon since Gen 1 must understand why that is :I
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

• Why I liked the questions:

• It's like finding out who you really would end up being if you went to the Pokémon (Mystery Dungeon) world.

• Why I hated the questions:

• As Naura pointed out, certain Pokémon were restricted to certain Natures, which ruined roleplaying.

• Adding on to point 1, the gender you chose determined the "table" of Pokémon the game picked from. For example (emphasis on example), take Adamant. Males would probably get Torchic, while females would probably get Turtwig.

• Adding on to point 2, a few Pokémon were gender-locked. (I REALLY hope they take that out now...)

• Certain questions didn't show up which would ruin your chances of getting certain "Nature points", possibly ruining which Pokémon you'd get.

Quote from: Naura on 2015 Jun 09, 10:01:26
Though I really don't like that you need to ask questions for partner pokémon, I can see that get annoying. When you finally answered the right questions that would give you enough points for that one pokémon you wanted to become yourself, and THEN getting the complete wrong ones for your partner, and having to start over again, trying 10 more times. :c

^ This. So much this. I'm probably gonna be spending an hour or two on the questions because of this :l

KirbyFluttershy

I agree that the personality quiz is annoying because obviously they just randomly pick out the pokemon based on the nature just like R/B rescue teams and explorers of T/D/S. I just like picking out the starter and partner pokemon better than having the personality quiz pick out the starting pokemon based on the nature.

Rikaria

Only the questions are random. The answers you give actually have "Nature points" attached to them, and as I said, each Pokémon are attached to certain Natures.

Go Up