Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

I know it's only been one day, but, I've decided to come back. I don't know how long it will be for until chemotherapy/my next surgery/whatever the next step is, but, I've decided if there's one think I'm NOT going to allow is for something like this preventing me from being a brony or doing the other things I like to do.

Either way I'll just update the thread I already created when I have more information about what will be the next step(s).

You know never know, maybe I won't be as 'stupid' as I tend to be. lol.

So I'm back for now.

:)

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chromastone64

So, I've been waiting for my ear to clear up before watching anymore MLP. Now that it has cleared up (which is a smile in itself), I couldn't handle going through the others first, so I skipped straight to the latest one. The one I had the biggest expectations from.
Yeah, the Changeling episode.
Spoiler: show

THAT WAS AMAZING. A SPIKE EPISODE AND CHANGELINGS. AMAZING.
I loved Thorax, though admitedly (and this isn't the episode's fault) I spent the first half praying to myself that he wouldn't turn traitor. Also, side note Changelings can be rocks. Huh.
I was on edge the whole way through, and while it was unpleasent to watch, I really love how real they portrayed Shining; super suspicious, hunt-down-the-thing-that-might-have-kidnapped-my-wife-no-holds-barred-moosewood-stadium-freestyle levels of security.
And THAT SONG. Wasn't quite fond of it at first, but it really grew on me quickly(Love Is In Bloom's still my fave though)
I did have a few issues, like Spike not standing up for Thorax at first, and the actual placement of the song. It would have been much better if Spike had a big debate about being his friend before launching into the song. Plus, I wish Shining didn't shift his opinion so quickly. I would have made him a much more interesting character.
Still, though: EASILY one of my favorite episodes so far.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Rumors abound that Fallout: New Orleans is on the horizon circa 2018. Apparently Bethesda is handing the reigns to Obsidian while they work on a new project.

I want to believe it is true. For one I'm a big fan of swamps and wetlands in gaming. For two the prospect of an open world game potentially portraying a good chunk of Acadiana is pretty exciting. Imagine exploring not just New Orleans, but also cities like Houma, Baton Rouge...maybe even Lafayette? Okay, that's kind of a stretch considering Fallout 4's Commonwealth only portrayed Middlesex County despite the fact that the Commonwealth encompasses 3 states in lore.

I just hope they'd portray towns outside of New Orleans as more than just stereotypical swamp villages.

Sweet Brew

I found a ton of commentaries from Adam Young about the "Mobile orchestra" album!  :3

LostSanity

I finished BoBoBo last weekend so I've moved on to my next anime. I've decided to re-watch the .hack series. Starting with .hack//SIGN.

:)

Chromastone64

I just found out the only live-action TV game show I ever cared about is getting rebooted.
THE CRYSTAL MAZE!!! :D
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

While moving I came across my ASVAB scores from earlier this year. Turns out I actually scored an 87 in electronics, all this time I was thinking it was only 77. That means I'm all but guaranteed to get one of my top job picks, sweet!

LostSanity

Today's my birthday?

Or is it?

:P

Chromastone64

Double distinction diploma in Creative Media, boi!

Howitzer

Went home for Labor Day weekend.
Nice to see the family again.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Sep 05, 14:49:35
Double distinction diploma in Creative Media, boi!

That made me smile, laugh, and obtain a massive headache just now, so thank you and curse you xD.

Chromastone64

Off to a Final Fantasy gathering in London!

LostSanity

Howitzer

I got my first assignment in my Social Psychology class today. I have to write a paper based on observations.

What kinds of observations? I need to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people 3 separate times around campus.

This can only end well  ovO
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

PrincessButton

Quote from: Howitzer on 2016 Sep 14, 14:12:51
I got my first assignment in my Social Psychology class today. I have to write a paper based on observations.

What kinds of observations? I need to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of people 3 separate times around campus.

This can only end well  ovO

I had to do something similar for a social psych class I took a few years ago!! Have fun.  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Midnight Breeze

Neil deGrasse Tyson kneeling in da grass. Hahahahah...I'll see myself out...

LostSanity

Pokemon Generations. Enough said.

Episode 1 was THE BEST.

Episode 2 was intriguing...

^-^

Midnight Breeze

2016 Sep 20, 22:25:56 #7217 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 20, 22:27:38 by Midnight Breeze
My niece is a homeowner at the age of 23. She and her fiance are becoming relatively wealthy for their age. She's a new RN and Raising Cane's gave him a job in corporate after he got his business degree. You go, girl!

However, I was hoping to claim the honor of becoming a first-generation millionaire. Looks like she's gonna beat me to it. Well...we shall see. This is my last week as a civilian, I'm shipping to basic training next Tuesday. We both have bright futures ahead of us, it's anyone's game, give it a few decades.

Challenge accepted...it's on girl.

Chishio Kunrin

2016 Sep 26, 12:52:56 #7218 Last Edit: 2016 Sep 26, 13:13:23 by Chishio Kunrin
Rooster Teeth announced the release date for the RWBY Volume 4 trailer!!

October 3rd! :D

They also posted a screenshot from the trailer. It'll be the same video that was shown at RTX, but I've heard that they added more to it and polished it up to look even nicer. Also, apparently, this trailer will have completely original footage instead of clips from volume 4, kinda like how the Red, White, Black, and Yellow Trailers were original footage! SO! Definitely need to see this!

It looks even more beautiful now that it's animated in Maya instead of Poser Pro!! ovO
That's a screenshot! I'm not kidding! :3 I remember that shot from the RTX version of the video! They also posted a gif on Twitter, showing Ruby standing on that cliff while a pair of giant Nevermores (basically, giant raven monsters) fly over her, but I can't save that or copy the image URL for it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Sep 26, 12:52:56
Rooster Teeth announced the release date for the RWBY Volume 4 trailer!!

October 3rd! :D

They also posted a screenshot from the trailer. It'll be the same video that was shown at RTX, but I've heard that they added more to it and polished it up to look even nicer. Also, apparently, this trailer will have completely original footage instead of clips from volume 4, kinda like how the Red, White, Black, and Yellow Trailers were original footage! SO! Definitely need to see this!

It looks even more beautiful now that it's animated in Maya instead of Poser Pro!! ovO
That's a screenshot! I'm not kidding! :3 I remember that shot from the RTX version of the video! They also posted a gif on Twitter, showing Ruby standing on that cliff while a pair of giant Nevermores (basically, giant raven monsters) fly over her, but I can't save that or copy the image URL for it.

I think it's time to bring up the elephant in the room. I don't really keep up with all the super in-depth lore, so I don't know if it's been explained yet, but...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE MOON?!

Go Up