Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jun 29, 08:58:20
Whatever you do never kick a trashcan as hard as you can only to realize too late that it's full.

As if I wasn't having enough problems with my knees.

And when you're in Texas, in the summer, don't kick over an outdoor trash can. It might have bees in it. =P They love discarded soda cans.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jun 29, 23:44:28
And when you're in Texas, in the summer, don't kick over an outdoor trash can. It might have bees in it. =P They love discarded soda cans.

That's why I don't discard my soda cans. I just let them pile up in my house.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jun 30, 03:07:36
That's why I don't discard my soda cans. I just let them pile up in my house.

*cough* Recycle~ *cough*
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Midnight Breeze

I'd like to know what Blizzard dev designed the legendary skins for Zarya. And more importantly: are they still employed?

Really, you're telling me a group of human beings sat down and decided that the best idea was to make her look like some Hot Topic emo weirdo wearing a diaper? I'm having a hard time picturing the type of person who comes up with that.

Given her colorful backstory they had plenty to work with in-character. I'm one of the few people who really likes her default look but the legendary....ugh, 14-year-old "It's not a phase, mom!" skin.

I might just save my credits until they release a new skin pack later this summer.

Chromastone64

I like roleplaying in games. I love making a character with a backstory and playing as them. I did it when I played WoW, and I had a lot of fun. The downside was that I knew next to nothing about most of the lore, so I couldn't really add that much depth.
So why is it that Final Fantasy XIV has no official RP servers?
I understand quite a lot of the lore in that game, plus I'd really like to flesh out my character, but I'm pretty sure you can't transfer characters across servers in FF, and I've put WAY too much effort into this guy to ditch him for another...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Arcen

I dunno about you guys, but i absolutely dislike enemies that suicide themselves in order to damage your character(s) heavily.

In Final Fantasy games for example, most Bomb type enemies have this ability. It's not that it's wrong for it to have it, but when i think the enemy literally blew itself just to damage your party (Potentially killing them depending of the circumstances), i can't help myself but cringe a bit.  X3

Silly, right?

Glorified be Chat-O-Landia, where friendship blossoms!

Jcfraven

2016 Jul 06, 18:33:09 #18286 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 06, 19:03:28 by Jcfraven
Being forced into conformity with contrasting morals and beliefs, or face neverending ridicule and/or isolation from others in a group you're a part of.

Alongside that, not being able to do a job because of such.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Jul 06, 18:33:09
Being forced into conformity with contrasting morals and beliefs, or face neverending ridicule and/or isolation from others in a group you're a part of.

Alongside that, not being able to do a job because of such.
It sucks, trust me I've been there.
But your morals are more important than them if they're really so shallow as to disrespect your morals to an extent of isolating you.
Of course there's a limit but I trust you haven't passed it. lol

Midnight Breeze

Elder Scrolls 6 tentative release year: 2020.

Bethesda, please...

Chishio Kunrin

I turned my back for less than a minute, and my cat sat on my laptop's keyboard. :l

She bookmarked a page, moved a window, typed a little bit, opened something, and turned my screen sideways.
I'm very fortunate that I learned how to change the screen's orientation from my classmates in middle school, so I was able to immediately correct it into its upright position so I could undo everything else she did without dealing with wonky mouse controls.

At least she didn't turn on airplane mode like her son once did. Still, that was really annoying.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jul 07, 08:00:18
I turned my back for less than a minute, and my cat sat on my laptop's keyboard. :l

She bookmarked a page, moved a window, typed a little bit, opened something, and turned my screen sideways.
I'm very fortunate that I learned how to change the screen's orientation from my classmates in middle school, so I was able to immediately correct it into its upright position so I could undo everything else she did without dealing with wonky mouse controls.

At least she didn't turn on airplane mode like her son once did. Still, that was really annoying.

That is one tech-savvy cat.

I took advantage of a free month-long membership opportunity to this game I've been playing about a week ago, so I should expect the benefits to run out either the 29th or 30th of July.

So why in Luna's blue moon am I getting a "renew your membership" email NOW?  It's literally been a week, at least wait 2 weeks to the point I may have forgotten why you're desperate for people to play your bug-infested game?!

Howitzer

And now a 1 week wait to find out if I have anemia or not.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Midnight Breeze

2016 Jul 08, 06:35:16 #18292 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 12, 05:58:55 by Astranacus
Message removed due to violation of rule 12.

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0

- Regards, Moderation Team.

Chishio Kunrin

Wellp.
I don't have a smartphone, and my Kindle Fire HDX that I got for Christmas doesn't have GPS.
So...
No Pokemon Go for me.
*Sigh* Y'all have fun finding Eevees in your bathrooms. I'll just look at your cool screenshots. :s

Wheatni

2016 Jul 09, 22:15:02 #18294 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 09, 22:16:44 by Wheatni

Edit: I realized the title just said 'Dumb things'... That was my fault for not realizing, I apologies!

The door being left open or finding tomatoes in the sink when we get sandwiches..

Jcfraven

This isn't really an addition to the thread, but it's went very off topic from its original intention xD.

Addition wise, people with no or little knowledge who try to argue politics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jul 09, 20:10:11
Wellp.
I don't have a smartphone, and my Kindle Fire HDX that I got for Christmas doesn't have GPS.
So...
No Pokemon Go for me.
*Sigh* Y'all have fun finding Eevees in your bathrooms. I'll just look at your cool screenshots. :s

I only just upgraded to a smartphone after not caring about having one for at least 4 years.  So I was kinda "eh, Pokemon Go, that sounds cool."
-has a Windows phone-
Welp, so much for that one.  And on top of that, my housemate just picked it up when she hasn't been into Pokemon since RSE.  I guess I'll just sit here breeding for that shiny Lucario then while she's having fun on that one.

On the really dumb topic, I keep seeing this ad on Youtube for Hot Pockets about this group of people who built a skydiving chamber in their house.  Um...no.  I wouldn't trust the words "homemade" and "skydiving chamber" in the same paragraph, much less as a description of the noun.  I realize it's a commercial but...seriously, no.  Don't do that.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jul 09, 20:10:11
Wellp.
So...
No Pokemon Go for me.

People have already died playing that game. It's very unsafe if you live in a city, the fewer people playing it the better.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 10, 06:11:17
People have already died playing that game. It's very unsafe if you live in a city, the fewer people playing it the better.

But I wanna be a Pokemon Trainer and capture the gym on the junior college's campus. :c (Excellent placement for a gym, btw.)

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jul 10, 06:11:17

People have died from listening to music on their phones beforehand.  There's a huge advertisement thing from my local public transit telling you to pay attention near streets and train tracks.  Yes Pokemon is very distracting, but there's this thing called common sense.  Or a survival instinct.

Go Up