Accident Stories

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Aug 02, 10:32:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I just almost did a stupid thing that once resulted in an accident and new oven mits, so I decided there should be a thread where we tell stories of dumb things we've done that led to accidents.

I'll start. One day, I was going to cook something on the stove, but instead of turning on the Left Front burner, I accidentally turned on the Left Rear burner. Our oven mits were touching the Left Rear burner, and I didn't realize what happened until they started smoking. :I At first, I smacked them on the counter like people do in movies, but then I remembered how much I said how stupid they were for not using the sink, so I turned on the sink and stuck them under the water.

And that was the day I almost burned our kitchen down with oven mits. X3 Fire retardant =/= Fire proof.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Johannes

I was using this really old plane machine in school (I don't know how old but there was a drill machine from 50s so the plane machine probably was old too)
The working jacket I was wearing somehow got in the rolling blade thing which ripped almost whole right side of the jacket.
Luckily that was the only thing that happened.

I used the machine without permission. My teacher didn't like it.
If I remember right, they renovated the class and bought new machines the same year that happened.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Johannes on 2012 Aug 02, 10:57:46
I was using this really old plane machine in school (I don't know how old but there was a drill machine from 50s so the plane machine probably was old too)
The working jacket I was wearing somehow got in the rolling blade thing which ripped almost whole right side of the jacket.
Luckily that was the only thing that happened.

I used the machine without permission. My teacher didn't like it.
If I remember right, they renovated the class and bought new machines the same year that happened.

You saved everyone by proving the unsafety! O:

Shy-Blood

When I was five years old in Senior Infants (In school). There was a "Parent's room" where parents and their daughters would go to wait for someone or just have some tea. (It was a school for girls). You were allowed to go before, or after school. I used to go after school with my mom to wait for my older sisters. There was a wooden toy box with sharp corners. One day I was running after my friend because she took a toy I was playing with. When I was running after her, she dropped it and I slipped on the toy. I cut a piece of my ear of the toy box. There was blood everywhere and I had to go to the hospital to get stitches. So now I am missing a tiny piece of my ear. Atleast the school got a plastic toy box and got rid of the wooden one. I also got to keep the stitches when the doctor took them out of my ear. I still have them  ovO .....
Credit goes to Frosting Blush.

Chishio Kunrin

I like how accidents on unsafe things make people get rid of them and get safer things. lol Wow.

Shy-Blood

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 02, 11:49:54
I like how accidents on unsafe things make people get rid of them and get safer things. lol Wow.

lol   lol. Yeah, I would hate to be the person who was in the accident. Oh wait...
Credit goes to Frosting Blush.

Chishio Kunrin

I wonder what kinds of stories we'll have when we play LoE in Beta. :3 Like, if we'll find any glitches or anything.

I mean, once in this one MMO, I was playing around and I fell into a spot I wasn't supposed to be able to get in. I couldn't fly, so I was stuck. :c Luckily, though, in that MMO, everyone has a Recall spell that sends them to the nearest town, so I was able to get out that way.

Johannes

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 02, 11:49:54

I'm not sure if the new machines are safer... I haven't even seen them.
I still think what if I hadn't been so lucky... That thought has been creepying me for three years and will creep for long time.
I want to forget it.

Fudgemuffin

When I was in Lourdes, I had this dog puppet. I loved it dearly and would bring it with me to lots of places. One time, I got distracted by the puppet during when we were heading back to the hotel in the night. I looked up, discovering the group was gone and I was left behind. Not knowing what to do, I stayed where I was, hoping they'd come back to find me. I started crying and some people tried to help me but they couldn't because they didn't know English. Thankfully, two adults came to my rescue and we said we wouldn't talk about it. I don't think I've ever brought that puppet with me anywhere ever again after when I returned home. lol

Rissian

2012 Aug 02, 13:25:31 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 02, 13:28:30 by Trege
My recent accident two years or so ago was breaking my arm, our lab got off her leash and was trying to chase down the school bus I think to bite it's tires or something shes obsessed with chasing any vehicles what so ever so we have to keep her tied up, to stop her from getting hit by them anyways shes a pretty big lab and I was holding her leash after we got it back on her while on the porch and as soon as the school bus for my nephew went by she ran full speed and jumped off the porch pulling me off with her causing me to hit the ground face first thankfully that wasn't what broke my arm, what broke my arm was me chasing her down trying to catch her before she runs after the bus, but I was stupidly wearing flip flops while running in the yard which caused me to trip and fall directly on my arm in way it's not supposed to bend.  ovO

Needless to say an out of place broken arm was more painful then the broken leg I had 7 years or so before that

(I actually had to have surgery on it and I now have a scar there.)

lurk852

Not sure if this counts, but one day when I was in third grade, I was having trouble getting an electrical plug to fit into a socket because the prongs were bent. So, demonstrating my colossal intellect, I tried to squeeze the prongs together while inserting them. So of course I got semi-electrocuted - it was kind of an interesting experience, actually. It felt like my whole body was buzzing strongly, and my fingers seemed glued to the prongs. After several seconds I managed to move my hand. I felt weird and shaky for a few hours after that, but my first thought upon getting free was "holy crap, I can't tell the teacher this happened 'cause she'd be really ticked off".  :s
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Aug 02, 13:51:39
Not sure if this counts, but one day when I was in third grade, I was having trouble getting an electrical plug to fit into a socket because the prongs were bent. So, demonstrating my colossal intellect, I tried to squeeze the prongs together while inserting them. So of course I got semi-electrocuted - it was kind of an interesting experience, actually. It felt like my whole body was buzzing strongly, and my fingers seemed glued to the prongs. After several seconds I managed to move my hand. I felt weird and shaky for a few hours after that, but my first thought upon getting free was "holy crap, I can't tell the teacher this happened 'cause she'd be really ticked off".  :s

Ah, I hate the feeling of being electrocuted. >.< Whenever I get electrocuted by any kind of joke electric things, I automatically release it without thinking, so I'll just kinda drop whatever's electrocuting me.

Once when I was a kid, I rolled off my parents' bed and hit my head on the corner of an old metal filing cabinet. Aaagh.

Zaner-Boy

Once in Middle school, I tripped while walking down the stairs, and fell down about 8 or 9 steps before hitting the ground. I got taken to the nurse, and somebody started saying I fell down one step and had to be taken to the nurse.

This is one of the reasons I hate other people.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Aug 02, 14:14:58
Once in Middle school, I tripped while walking down the stairs, and fell down about 8 or 9 steps before hitting the ground. I got taken to the nurse, and somebody started saying I fell down one step and had to be taken to the nurse.

This is one of the reasons I hate other people.

Ugh, rumors suck. :l During the summer after 11th grade, my friend did something to defend his future mother-in-law. In senior year, people completely left out the fact that he was defending her, so they way they talked about what he did made him sound bad.

Little Judas

Where to start?
I have had my right pinky between the hinges of a door, it was cut of right after the nail. Miraculously, the nail grew back... it's an ugly finger.
I have bumped my head against a sharp corner of a cupboard. I ran to my dad and said I had hole in my head the size of an ant-pool.
I have fallen into spines, a deep cut wound. Last thing I remembered was deciding: Sharp plants or rusty metal?

This all before I was six, it's a wonder I never broke a bone or something

I was trying to take jump with a BMX using a skate-platform. I had to much speed and landed to far on flat ground, front wheel first an face-planted.
That moment in the air when you have enough time to think: "*Sigh* F***". I have others from the skatepark, but they weren't that memorable.
When sailing we discovered a small cove, my brother, step-dad and me went in to explore. We saw that we could clime in that cave, so we did.
The rocks were slippery but we reached our destination. then they said: "Lets jump in the water from here." I said: "I am going to clime down safely.
I slipped and fell in the water while also cutting my right hand and left feet on small clams. I had to swim back to the boat with the two other limbs in
very salt water. Later my siblings teased me by saying I lost the fight against small clams.
A later accident has a more chemical touch, It consists of concentrated H2SO4 and a pair of jeans that contain two small holes. This happened  with two different pair of jeans.

Those were the anecdotes and the funny ones, the rest are boring.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Teal Turken

I haven't had any accidents as bad as you guys. :o

On a trip to Utah, while swimming in a lake (forget the name), I stepped on a prickly spiky plant and it got stuck in my foot. It hurt a lot and my mom had to pick all the spines out of my foot. It took about 30 minutes but after that it was over. Save for my the fact my foot felt softer.

Little Judas

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Aug 02, 15:42:45
I haven't had any accidents as bad as you guys. :o

On a trip to Utah, while swimming in a lake (forget the name), I stepped on a prickly spiky plant and it got stuck in my foot. It hurt a lot and my mom had to pick all the spines out of my foot. It took about 30 minutes but after that it was over. Save for my the fact my foot felt softer.

Acupuncture...?
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Hmmm. I tried to skateboard once. I was in the backyard of my parents' friends' house, standing atop an incline. I stepped onto the skateboard, started to go down the incline, and then I fell backward and hit my head on the ground while the skateboard kept going without me. I actually laughed.

Then, there's one time in elementary school, I was getting into my daycare's van, but I fell out. For some reason, the way my hand hit the sidewalk sprained my middle finger on my right hand. I'm right-handed, so having to do a lot of things with my left hand kind of improved my ability to use my left hand a little. I should probably practice more.

lurk852

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 02, 15:36:32
I was trying to take jump with a BMX using a skate-platform. I had to much speed and landed to far on flat ground, front wheel first an face-planted.
That moment in the air when you have enough time to think: "*Sigh* F***". I have others from the skatepark, but they weren't that memorable.

Man, I know that feeling. I did a completely accidental jump on my bike while going very fast in the dark on a bumpy bike path. I remember thinking "this is kind of cool, oh hey I'm tilting, this is going to suck". Fortunately I didn't faceplant like you, I just tipped over sideways in midair and scraped over a lot of asphalt. I still have some scars from that.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Oh. Scraping on asphalt. I don't remember where I was or how young I was, but when I was a kid, I once... I think I tripped or slipped and fell, or fell from a car. My ankle scraped against asphalt really badly. It hurt a lot, and when I looked at my ankle, there was blackness, so I thought "My ankle bone is black?"

Go Up