Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

For the most part, I don't get tooth pain. This means that if I get a cavity, I don't really notice it. My mom gets all "Doesn't that hurt?!" and I'm like "No. :\" So it sucks to go to the dentist thinking I know my tooth status only to find out it's worse than I thought.

It's also annoying to hear "Doesn't that hurt?!" about things that don't frigging hurt, like when my lips are chapped.
"Doesn't that hurt?"
"No. Not at all. I don't understand why you people think it hurts. :l"
"Here, use this chapstick."
"NO! O: I hate having stuff on my lips, it's why I never use chapstick or lipstick!! Besides, chapstick makes you lick your lips more, which chaps your lips faster, which causes a horrible cycle!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lary

Alicorn OC's. The mere thought of a pony being able to do anything and everything is extremely irritating.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 27, 12:15:32
Alicorn OC's. The mere thought of a pony being able to do anything and everything is extremely irritating.

The equivalent in any other fandom.
"What's your OC?"
"A god. :D"
":l"

Most broken OCs are annoying. "Broken" meaning so OP it's just godmode. I go out of my way to put some kind of limit or weakness on any of my OCs that I feel have a pretty powerful ability. I don't wanna see someone else going "I'm immune to magic. always. That means I can't even be banished."
I have an OC who can mess with molecules/atoms and thus go through things or make himself intangible. But you know what? That doesn't do jack against energy attacks like lightning or fire. See, a weakness/limit.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 27, 12:15:32

I'm A-Okay with Alicorn (or as I much prefer, Unisi) OCs, as long as they don't make them OP.
After all, they're being a Unisus and being OP are two separate things.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

When a RPer ignores physics for the sake of godmodding.

For example, I don't care if your glove is somehow completely immune to electricity. If you use it to block lightning, the impact itself will break the bones in your hand. Instead, the guy tried to reason that lightning is weightless and thus can't break bones or anything for that matter. The thing is, anything, no matter how little it weighs, can become dangerous at high enough speeds and while backed by strong enough force. Considering lightning goes faster than the speed of sound, it has considerable speed and force. Besides, 1. Lightning splits trees in half and destroys other things, 2. Tornadoes can force wood planks through solid cement, and 3. Bullets tend to weigh probably a gram, and look at the damage they do.

Overall, that was quite an annoying RP fight to watch.

Lary

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 27, 13:05:22

For example, I don't care if your glove is somehow completely immune to electricity. If you use it to block lightning, the impact itself will break the bones in your hand. Instead, the guy tried to reason that lightning is weightless and thus can't break bones or anything for that matter. The thing is, anything, no matter how little it weighs, can become dangerous at high enough speeds and while backed by strong enough force. Considering lightning goes faster than the speed of sound, it has considerable speed and force. Besides, 1. Lightning splits trees in half and destroys other things, 2. Tornadoes can force wood planks through solid cement, and 3. Bullets tend to weigh probably a gram, and look at the damage they do.

If it moves, it has force. Lightning moves at blinding speeds and therefore has a ridiculous amount of force. Whoever you were RPing with was either very young or failed High School Science.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 27, 13:08:26

If it moves, it has force. Lightning moves at blinding speeds and therefore has a ridiculous amount of force. Whoever you were RPing with was either very young or failed High School Science.

He was older than me. Hay, when I was in middle school, he was in high school. :c

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 27, 13:08:26

force is equal to mass multiplied by the acceleration, NOT by velocity.  If it moves, it does not necessarily have a "force".  And even if it has acceleration, if it does not have mass (like a photon) it STILL does not have "force".

I get annoyed by several things:

Haters
Trollers
Flamers
Ponies who misuse physics terminology
Ponies who think they know better than other ponies

No naming names ^-^
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lary

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 27, 14:19:27

Haters
Trollers
Flamers

No naming names ^-^

I honestly think you're letting that 'special title' go to your head.

Zygrograxgra

The fact that my ears go into insane amounts of pain when it comes to these few pitches. One is somewhere close to speaking voice, one is kinda high pitched, and the other is a little low pitched.
Prevents me from listening to a lot of songs, and all sorts of other stuff.
Volume changes do nothing, sometimes make it worse...

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 27, 14:21:57
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 27, 14:19:27

Haters
Trollers
Flamers

No naming names ^-^

I honestly think you're letting that 'special title' go to your head.
I honestly think your cynicism and sensitivity is going overboard ^-^

Speaking of which, I am annoyed by excessive cynicism.  Entirely on topic ^-^
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Zygrograxgra

Special titles that are achieved by either competition or earning favor, and as a result can only be earned by one/a small group of people.
I'm fine with them if they're earned by sheer luck though.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

at times I can be annoyed by RPers who do not read the information or rules I post.

AAA13

When my mother says we're gonna do something really fun, but then theres a catch.
Last time we had to be quiet for 3 hours :l Thats almost impossible for me. And then all we did was go to the dinosaur park.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Zygrograxgra

When you're running in Minecraft from a guy trying to kill you, and you run around a corner and hide in a hole where they would never be able to see you, while crouching and just standing there so they can't see your name.
Then they break open the hole, say "You hid in a chunk error" and kill you.
Obvious x-ray, especially since chunk errors don't let you enter them.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

lurk852

I'm a bit late here, but you triggered my trap card, so:

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 27, 10:53:53
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 27, 10:51:12
Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 27, 09:50:56
When people call something that clearly isn't a Roleplaying Game a Roleplaying Game.
Half the RPGs out there, for example.

"But you choose which skills your character can have! Therefore, it's totally an RPG!"

"And you change equipment and move and get better!"
That's NOT what an RPG is. RPGs let you make real choices that change parts of the game world. Save that beggar? He eventually stumbles across a ruby. Let him keep it? He becomes a wealthy and famous, generous business owner.

Language evolves; when enough people use a word to mean something different from its original meaning, then the meaning effectively changes. There are many, many examples in the past few decades alone - for example, "acronym". If you go by the original definition of "acronym", almost everyone misuses the word every time they speak it, but it would get pretty tiring to complain every time someone did that. "RPG" now has a second and largely unrelated meaning in addition to the original literal meaning of the term. Sometimes linguistic change annoys me too, but if you expect terms to always mean what they originally meant, you're gonna be disappointed a lot.

So, uh... the more you know! /rainbow
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

DrizzleMutt

When my brother blasts music in his room. He seemingly does this to annoy me. And my room is right next to his. He blares screamo and overplayed Dub-step.

And I can't do anything about it.  >A<

Book Smarts

Something in my shoe is causing a cut on my foot to keep reopening, I'm starting to hate taking my shoes off  :I

AAA13

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 27, 18:49:36
Something in my shoe is causing a cut on my foot to keep reopening, I'm starting to hate taking my shoes off  :I
You ever had a stone stuck in your foot before? I have, and my dad took it out with tweasers.
Then it bleed like nothing on earth and I had to go to hospital. I was 4 and a half at the time.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Zaner-Boy

Was playing Minecraft a few minutes ago, went to check on my mining well (from the tekkit pack), and then, SSSSSSS.

My mining well, engines, and a few of my pipes got blown up. The only survivor was one of the engines. That was bloody annoying.

Go Up