Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I'll tell you what annoys my dad: That a can of tuna and a can of chunk chicken look the same at a glance. :P He went to put chicken in his ramen, only to peel back the lid and be met with tuna.

He has since taken a sharpie and written "This is not chicken" on top of every tuna can.

We kept putting off upgrading my computer, and now the Open Beta of RWBY: Grimm Eclipse is out on Steam, and my PC is so much worse than potato that I don't think I can even play Grimm Eclipse on the potato settings! Uuugh! I gotta upgrade my PC!! DD:

And yes, I heard that one of the settings you can choose for Grimm Eclipse is literally named Potato. Thanks, Rooster Teeth. =P

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

2015 Dec 01, 18:35:27 #17741 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 01, 18:37:22 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Gamepaw on 2015 Dec 01, 13:21:23
Not being in control, not having a say or opinion in anything.
I actually think thats a regular thing well growing up with parents of sorts, until a point of course if those are willing

Post Merge

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 01, 17:05:25
We kept putting off upgrading my computer, and now the Open Beta of RWBY: Grimm Eclipse is out on Steam, and my PC is so much worse than potato that I don't think I can even play Grimm Eclipse on the potato settings! Uuugh! I gotta upgrade my PC!! DD:

And yes, I heard that one of the settings you can choose for Grimm Eclipse is literally named Potato. Thanks, Rooster Teeth. =P
I got several MMO's on my list to play but i gotta wait till i go back to New York cause my computer here can't even handle a browser game, not sure why though :/

Jcfraven

Still no response from the one processing my application for a game I mentioned before on here(not LoE) despite his promise of soon communication. I'm even trying to help them with a temporary Linux Method until an official build is released, probably won't get any say on when one will come around either.

Midnight Breeze

I just embarrassed myself in an interview. My bosses were interviewing me for a machine operator position that I'm fairly optimistic about. It went well except for when they asked me "What does food safety mean to you?" I stammered like an idiot for a good 5-10 seconds before the answer finally came out. I recovered and gave what I think was a great answer, but man, I hope babbling like an idiot didn't hurt me.  ono

Lync Volan

Everytime my cousins come over and we play videos games i have a great time and now i think they do too (i no longer think my mom is making them play with me X3) but it annoys me that most of my games are 1 player, sure we have tons of 2 player or 4 player games too but its simply not enough for us, i wish i had a better way of selecting video games for more then just myself or all 1 player games suddenly had a 2nd player option

Oh!, and even some 2 player games are not good to play with a bunch of ppl, like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (ps2) cause its only 2 players and its a really long 1 round so everyone else will just have to sit and watch but i actually really love that game with others but can't if we have more then 2 persons comin over

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Dec 03, 04:41:59
Everytime my cousins come over and we play videos games i have a great time and now i think they do too (i no longer think my mom is making them play with me X3) but it annoys me that most of my games are 1 player, sure we have tons of 2 player or 4 player games too but its simply not enough for us, i wish i had a better way of selecting video games for more then just myself or all 1 player games suddenly had a 2nd player option

Oh!, and even some 2 player games are not good to play with a bunch of ppl, like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (ps2) cause its only 2 players and its a really long 1 round so everyone else will just have to sit and watch but i actually really love that game with others but can't if we have more then 2 persons comin over

Not sure if this helps if I can help with suggestions. X3
Mario Party
Smash Bros
Super Monkey Ball 2 was fun.
Burnout Revenge is fun with 2 players.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Dec 03, 04:41:59like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (ps2)
Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Dec 03, 04:54:45
Burnout Revenge is fun with 2 players.

Best...games...ever!
:D
Well, no...there are plenty of others I like more, but those two are still amazing.
My bros got them ages ago and I play them from time to time if they're not playing them. :3

What annoys me?
Eh... a lot of things...
I'd like to be less shy in some ways and more in others...

Seems I'd have no trouble at all telling someone off...
But to simply sing or want to dye my hair...nupe, 2 shy 4 me.

I want to be more like FlutterShy and less like me. :c

PrincessButton

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 03, 02:37:11
I just embarrassed myself in an interview. My bosses were interviewing me for a machine operator position that I'm fairly optimistic about. It went well except for when they asked me "What does food safety mean to you?" I stammered like an idiot for a good 5-10 seconds before the answer finally came out. I recovered and gave what I think was a great answer, but man, I hope babbling like an idiot didn't hurt me.  ono
Stammering/Stuttering does NOT make you like an idiot.

I'm sure you still did well, and I'd hope they wouldn't think less of you for something so trivial.  :]
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lync Volan

2015 Dec 03, 21:49:24 #17748 Last Edit: 2015 Dec 03, 21:54:51 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Dec 03, 04:54:45
Not sure if this helps if I can help with suggestions. X3
Smash Bros
I'm shocked you think i don't have Smash Bros O:!
i've had it for years! (melee of course) 
i also have monkey ball but never really liked it X3

Post Merge

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 03, 12:21:33
But to simply sing or want to dye my hair...nupe, 2 shy 4 me.

I want to be more like FlutterShy and less like me. :c
I have plans to dye my hair a more "lit" color (lightish blue in tribute to Sabine of course) but i keep thinking to myself what my parents will say afterwards, none the less i'm gonna push forward and do it cause that's what i personally want to do and what others think won't effect me, the thoughts i keep thinking bugs me though 

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Dec 03, 21:49:24

Post Merge
I have plans to dye my hair a more "lit" color (lightish blue in tribute to Sabine of course) but i keep thinking to myself what my parents will say afterwards, none the less i'm gonna push forward and do it cause that's what i personally want to do and what others think won't effect me, the thoughts i keep thinking bugs me though
I thought about just dying mine blonde and covering part of my face with it in case I get shy I can hide behind it.
I dunno...
I don't want to look like an anime fanboy, 'cause truth be told anime doesn't really interest me.
I want something casual that looks like it could be natural as well.

But...eh...seems pretty hard to get done.

Jcfraven

I think I pulled my back a bit, my bottom right specifically. Bad timing as well, considering a physical assessment I'm having really soon.

Midnight Breeze

My employer has been cracking down on employees for not washing their hands for the mandatory 20 seconds before entering the packroom.

Here's an idea - if you want to boost employee compliance on hand washing then how about keeping the water at the proper temperature? Most of the time it's either scalding hot or frostbite-enducing. Nobody wants to keep their hands in that for 20 seconds straight. The water in the mini-packroom is so cold it could freeze a man's fingers clean off his hands. On the rare occassion I go in there it's all I can do to just stick my hands in the water for a split second to rinse the soap off. I couldn't imagine keeping my hands in that for 20 seconds.

Multi-billion dollar corporation can't even wrap their heads around water temperature. It's no wonder Hillshire went bankrupt and had to be bought out.

Sweet Brew

Is it normal for a guy to want to dye his hair blond?
Or is that weird? :(

I don't want to give off the wrong message to. lol

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 04, 03:03:01

Apparently you've never heard of Eminem.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Dec 04, 03:04:25
Apparently you've never heard of Eminem.
Nupe, no idea who he is. :P
Just did a quick google and all I see is a cranky looking guy with blonde heir, guess he dyed it?

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 04, 03:03:01

Honestly, it's completely normal for a person (regardless of gender) to want to change their hair color. Once I get a job, the majority of my hair is getting cut off and dyed either dark blue or red. XD
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 04, 18:04:53
Nupe, no idea who he is. :P
Just did a quick google and all I see is a cranky looking guy with blonde heir, guess he dyed it?

Yeah, he bleaches his hair blonde.
He's a famous rapper.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Dec 05, 00:17:54
Yeah, he bleaches his hair blonde.
He's a famous rapper.
I don't think I'd want to be like him... no offence to him. :x
I'm more of a FlutterShy than a rapper. o_O

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Dec 05, 01:40:03
I don't think I'd want to be like him... no offence to him. :x
I'm more of a FlutterShy than a rapper. o_O

But...Fluttershy's hair is pink.  :o