Sweet and Elite: Hide and Seek & Roleplay Meet and Greet

Started by DeceptiveCadance, 2017 Sep 22, 19:01:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DeceptiveCadance

2017 Sep 22, 19:01:29 Last Edit: 2018 May 12, 18:21:08 by DeceptiveCadance
    Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek

With Sweet and Elite™ having been such a success in the Open Server Weekends of days past, I'm happy to invite friends old and new to continue the fun throughout Open Access Release. Our premier event will take place on Saturday, September 22nd. Afterwards, we'll be hosting occasional hide and-seek, as well as roleplay events, which will have their times posted here beforehand. We amassed a great screenshot collection last August, so feel free to share your favorite moments here after the fact. Between each set of rounds, we'll be taking group pictures as always. If you have any suggestions regarding times or starting locations, feel free to let me know. Our rules are specially tuned for maximum play with minimal downtime. Sweet and Elite™ is proud to offer a premium hide and seek experience.

Upcoming Event Information

Roleplay Meet and Greet

Date: May 11th, 2018
    Time: Friday @ 5:00 PM EDT / 21:00 GMT
    Server: Amareicas
    Host: Toot Sweet

Hide and Seek

Date: May 12th, 2018
    Time: Saturday @ 5:00 PM EDT / 21:00 GMT
    Server: Amareicas
    Game Mode: Unicorn
    Host: Optic Rainfall
    Co-host(s): Cogsworth Wingthrop

Rules

• Everypony hides except for 1-2 seekers.
    • Hiders have two minutes to hide, while seekers have ten minutes to seek.
    • Any hider who is found becomes a seeker.
    • Once a hider has found his or her spot, he or she may not leave it.
    • Hiders must sit or lie down in their hiding spot. This makes it quite clear who is playing.
    • At the seven minute mark, the remaining hiders are asked to provide useful hints to the seekers.
    • All hiding spots must be accessible to an earth pony. Jumping from structure to structure is allowed. For Pegasus or Unicorn mode, however, any location is fair game.
    • No flying or teleporting by either hiders or seekers is permitted, unless it's during Pegasus or Unicorn mode.
    • Communication during the event is to take place in local chat.
    • Instanced interiors are out of bounds. These include places like Sugar Cane Corner or Crystal Kingdom's library. You'll know if it has a loading screen or separate room name.
    • For Cantermore, there are two different sections: Town and Castle. These are divided by the river in between. Games can take place in either section with the other half off-limits. The walls serve as boundaries, though you can go on top of them.
    • For Crystal Kingdom, play is limited to the city proper, i.e. the giant star.
    • If a room resets during play, the new room will be announced in global chat. Players will then return to the meeting spot for the round to be restarted.

Spoiler: Cantermore & Crystal Kingdom Boundaries • show

Additional Remarks

After three rounds in a location, players may choose a new location or request another three rounds. The event is concluded once three sets of rounds are complete. Anyone interested in the position of co-host may apply here. Co-hosts are responsible for spreading word of the event as well as helping manage the event itself. Furthermore, any sort of developer involvement would certainly contribute to the event's success. I appreciate everypony's comments and suggestions and hope that Sweet and Elite Hide and Seek™ may enhance your Legends of Equestria experience.[/list][/list]

NotoriousSMALL

CandyCookie

A Hide And Seek Event? Sounds Amazing Ill Be There (My Pony's Name Is Pastel Swirl)
    The Queens Of Cookies

DeceptiveCadance

Sweet and elite hide and seek will begin in 10 minutes at Ponydale Town Hall, room 9d6b754, on the Amareicas server!

Cogsworth Wingthrop

2017 Sep 23, 19:32:03 #4 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 23, 19:34:06 by Cogsworth Wingthrop
    This was my first hide and seek, just never managed to make it during the weekend events. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one.
    Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

My other alt. Knight Ranger, aspiring Lunar Guard  Bat Pony

DeceptiveCadance

2017 Sep 23, 19:44:50 #5 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 23, 19:48:11 by DeceptiveCadance
    Today's hide and seek was fun. Only one room reset right in the middle of the round. (Those are annoying though. Pls fix.)

Next hide and seek will be Saturday, with special pegasi-only Cloudopolis mode!

Screenshots from today:

Spoiler: Ponydale Start & Crystal Kingdom End • show

CandyCookie

The Queens Of Cookies

AudioWaveDasher

It would be amazing if players during a hide and seek game could grey out NPC's and other players so as to concentrate on this faction of the game

DeceptiveCadance

Pegasus-only hide-and-seek will be starting now in Cloudopolis, room 32e3f5a! If you don't have a pegasus, just make a new pegasus with your ponycode!

Silverbeat

This sound like fun  ^-^
    Quick question, though: What time zone is EST? I need to use an online converter to figure out what time it would be for me. I just need to know what EST is, so I can convert the time ^^;
    Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^
    If you see me around, feel free to say "hi" :)

McClaw

Quote from: Silverbeat on 2017 Oct 01, 10:31:12This sound like fun  ^-^
    Quick question, though: What time zone is EST? I need to use an online converter to figure out what time it would be for me. I just need to know what EST is, so I can convert the time ^^;
    "EST" is the standard abbreviation for "Eastern Standard Time", which is five hours behind "Coordinated Universal Time". Although much of the Eastern time zone is actually now on Daylight Savings Time...
    Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

CandyCookie

The Queens Of Cookies

Silverbeat

Quote from: McClaw on 2017 Oct 01, 11:58:54"EST" is the standard abbreviation for "Eastern Standard Time", which is five hours behind "Coordinated Universal Time". Although much of the Eastern time zone is actually now on Daylight Savings Time...

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you ^_^  So should I go by the Daylight Savings time, or the normal time? According to the time zone converter, it would either be 8am or 9am on sunday morning for me. I don't want to have to wake up an hour earlier if I don't have to  :P
    Hi, I'm Silverbeat! No, not "silver beet", like the vegetable. "Silver" as in the colour, "beat" as in "rhythm". I can assure you that, to the best of my knowledge, I am not edible ^_^

Ferro_the_King

Well, it would be actually good idea to write the time both in EST and GMT format. Anyone can easily convert GMT to their local time, but converting EST is much more difficult, especially for ponies from other continents :D
    Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

Cogsworth Wingthrop

Also if you have a smart phone you can use the clock app. Mine has a world clock function, that lets me select different cities. Put in a city like New York and you can see the current time there and the difference to your time.
    Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

Silverbeat

Quote from: Cogsworth Wingthrop on 2017 Oct 02, 04:59:21Also if you have a smart phone you can use the clock app. Mine has a world clock function, that lets me select different cities. Put in a city like New York and you can see the current time there and the difference to your time.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I think I'll start doing that  :D

Cogsworth Wingthrop

Never hurts to help... wait, wrong show, um uh. Your welcome. Yeah nailed it.

DeceptiveCadance

Sweet and Elite hide and seek will be starting soon at the Cantermore fountain, room 930b3fa, on the Amareicas server!

AudioWaveDasher

If anyones interested I can run a pegasi version of hide and go seek saturdays at 5:00 pm

Go Up