Crafting, The Festival of Lights, and More: LoE's Summer(ish) Update is Here!

Started by Ellowee, 2018 Aug 12, 10:51:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hey there, everypony! It's that time again: time for another belated update to Legends of Equestria! And oh boy, this one's a doozy. In fact, it's the largest update we've ever released. It might have been a while since we released V2018.03.02, but we haven't been spending that time idly!

This update's packed with so much stuff that it barely fit onto a single changelog, but you can find the full list here; if you just want to know about the big changes, though, here's a quick summary!

The first thing you'll notice is to do with how experience is dealt with in-game. In short, we identified an issue with our XP curve, and resolving that issue involved making a pretty big change to existing characters. You can find a full post we made detailing the effects of this change over here!

On a brighter note, this update brings with it our crafting system. Now you can make your own unique armor, and upgrade it with special harmonies to make it even stronger, through artisanry; or, you could cook up a fantastic feast for everypony to enjoy! There's more possibilities than ever before.

To go along with this new system, we of course have two new Talents available for foals to choose: Artisanry, and Cooking. The quest to earn a Talent Mark in either of these can be started by speaking to your racial teacher, assuming you haven't already grown up to the adult stage!

That's not all, though! We've also implemented two more Talents, and these ones have been long-awaited: Combat and Flying are now available to all foal characters. Once again, you'll need to speak to your racial teacher to earn these Talents - and of course, Flying is available only to pegasi, much like how Magic is exclusive to unicorns!

A new exterior location has also been added to the Heartlands. Archaeologists have been excavating the ruins of Ancient Athamanes, a pony civilisation lost to time, and their digsite can be seen in the large (and formerly empty) crater towards the Eastern end of the area. This location will soon be excavated more thoroughly, granting access to a new dungeon area, with its own unique lore, quests, and traps to navigate!

Is all that not enough for you? Well, it's a good thing there's a new seasonal event happening, too! Ponydale is celebrating the Festival of Lights during these long summer(ish) days, and Taffy Treat in Sugarcane Corner wants to do it in style! She's already hung the lanterns and worked on the dance floor, but she wants something extra special to liven things up - and she needs your help to do it! Meanwhile, creatures all over Equestria have suddenly started collecting the mysterious Prismatic Crystal Shards, and everypony's favourite fashion designer, Ensemble, is eager to see you collect them all, to help him create something truly enlightening!

There's a whole host of other new features and changes, including the new auto-loot option, a background blur for dialogue focus, more bank locations, a new sleep emote, and so much more - including, of course, a raft of bug fixes. As mentioned earlier, the changelog has all the details, so check it out if you're interested in reading about everything we've been working on!

If you're using our Windows launcher, Legends of Equestria should update automatically when you next run the program. For everypony else, you'll need to download the newest client, available from our downloads page! Remember to get the right version for your operating system!

We really hope that you enjoy everything we've poured into this update. As always, though, if you have any issues or bugs to report, please do so using the Phabricator system, as explained here, to ensure that the right people on the team know about the issue and can get to work on fixing it.

Thanks for all your support, everypony! There's a lot more still to come, so we'll see you in Equestria!

DW190

Launcher says ready to play, but ingame it told me to update the Game?
What´s going on here? D:

Kalugura

"If you're using our Windows launcher, Legends of Equestria should update automatically when you next run the program.", - that's simply broken. Use client download from here https://www.legendsofequestria.com/downloads

pinkwildblum

:/  :/  :/  :/  :facehoof: how do you update so you can play

Zuriel (angel)

Everypony has been going crazy for this update. (Including me) I'm so glad that it's finally out! The screenshots look amazing and I can't wait to have fun!   :]  <3  ^-^

mr100dragon100

i try to find the chrystal cave and the old cilvlization but the surver stops working and i cant get back in for a minute or two what happened

DW190

Quote from: Kalugura on 2018 Aug 12, 13:55:17"If you're using our Windows launcher, Legends of Equestria should update automatically when you next run the program.", - that's simply broken. Use client download from here https://www.legendsofequestria.com/downloads

I want the launcher to work or else i wont try the new Update :)
Because i decided to use the launcher to get rid of the annoying "completedownloads" every single time.
My SSD´s don´t like loads of Data deleted and wasted because of mistakes that are not my own, neither do i.

Chocolate Munchies

Launcher isn't working for me, either. I downloaded the zip file and overwrote my existing files, and the game seemed to work. Strange thing is, using the launcher to check for updates just re-installs the old version. Maybe something to watch out for if anyone else is going this route.

LittlePip_Sfm

"Game need to be updated to play"
I just downloaded the luncher updated it and got it set up.
But it still tell me to update it

Kalugura

Weeeeeeeell, constant crashes in connection to servers just caused my Talent Mark quest to stuck up in the air like that famous bench. Yep - foal forever. And no point in creating new pony - one of foal-only quests is still broken. Refrain from playing for a week, until they repair at least connection problem.
ps: combat become great after those mouselook-system and targeting fixes

CandyCookie

The Queens Of Cookies

Dinkeldash

Quote from: Chocolate Munchies on 2018 Aug 13, 04:23:59Launcher isn't working for me, either. I downloaded the zip file and overwrote my existing files, and the game seemed to work. Strange thing is, using the launcher to check for updates just re-installs the old version. Maybe something to watch out for if anyone else is going this route.

Oooh... that makes sense, I'll just delete the launcher and do a manual replace again.

DW190

Now it works after trying again today! The Game updated itself :D

kirikaLover22

Quote from: Ellowee on 2018 Aug 12, 10:51:46

Hey there, everypony! It's that time again: time for another belated update to Legends of Equestria! And oh boy, this one's a doozy. In fact, it's the largest update we've ever released. It might have been a while since we released V2018.03.02, but we haven't been spending that time idly!

This update's packed with so much stuff that it barely fit onto a single changelog, but you can find the full list here; if you just want to know about the big changes, though, here's a quick summary!

The first thing you'll notice is to do with how experience is dealt with in-game. In short, we identified an issue with our XP curve, and resolving that issue involved making a pretty big change to existing characters. You can find a full post we made detailing the effects of this change over here!

On a brighter note, this update brings with it our crafting system. Now you can make your own unique armor, and upgrade it with special harmonies to make it even stronger, through artisanry; or, you could cook up a fantastic feast for everypony to enjoy! There's more possibilities than ever before.

To go along with this new system, we of course have two new Talents available for foals to choose: Artisanry, and Cooking. The quest to earn a Talent Mark in either of these can be started by speaking to your racial teacher, assuming you haven't already grown up to the adult stage!

That's not all, though! We've also implemented two more Talents, and these ones have been long-awaited: Combat and Flying are now available to all foal characters. Once again, you'll need to speak to your racial teacher to earn these Talents - and of course, Flying is available only to pegasi, much like how Magic is exclusive to unicorns!

A new exterior location has also been added to the Heartlands. Archaeologists have been excavating the ruins of Ancient Athamanes, a pony civilisation lost to time, and their digsite can be seen in the large (and formerly empty) crater towards the Eastern end of the area. This location will soon be excavated more thoroughly, granting access to a new dungeon area, with its own unique lore, quests, and traps to navigate!

Is all that not enough for you? Well, it's a good thing there's a new seasonal event happening, too! Ponydale is celebrating the Festival of Lights during these long summer(ish) days, and Taffy Treat in Sugarcane Corner wants to do it in style! She's already hung the lanterns and worked on the dance floor, but she wants something extra special to liven things up - and she needs your help to do it! Meanwhile, creatures all over Equestria have suddenly started collecting the mysterious Prismatic Crystal Shards, and everypony's favourite fashion designer, Ensemble, is eager to see you collect them all, to help him create something truly enlightening!

There's a whole host of other new features and changes, including the new auto-loot option, a background blur for dialogue focus, more bank locations, a new sleep emote, and so much more - including, of course, a raft of bug fixes. As mentioned earlier, the changelog has all the details, so check it out if you're interested in reading about everything we've been working on!

If you're using our Windows launcher, Legends of Equestria should update automatically when you next run the program. For everypony else, you'll need to download the newest client, available from our downloads page! Remember to get the right version for your operating system!

We really hope that you enjoy everything we've poured into this update. As always, though, if you have any issues or bugs to report, please do so using the Phabricator system, as explained here, to ensure that the right people on the team know about the issue and can get to work on fixing it.

Thanks for all your support, everypony! There's a lot more still to come, so we'll see you in Equestria!
>.<  >:(  :celestia:

EpicEnergy

I've been loving the new update ever since I was able to play! Thanks for adding these new features to this game!
My in-game character is Fire Bolt!
I love to hang around Ponydale, SCC, and the Everfree!
See you around :)

Fluttershyyaaay

so where does an existing characters gain recipies from or does he not get any i bought some things from ponies you could buy and "learn" but no recipies when you try crafting

Eurocoin

Is there other ways to get Prismatic Crystal Shards besides loot boxes, since it seems you have to defeat hundreds of creatures just to get one? So far I've managed to get two.

Honey Bell

for the recipies, you cna access that with different vendors, or mob drops. For the crystal, there is a very rare chance to drop this from a mob, about 1%
Hello I'm Honey Bell. Got a problem, I'm all ears, and hooves *giggles*. You can always find me right here, in Discord or Ingame

Sammyatmoms

I Love this game and i know it, but thier is one thing missing, i do want to be a alicorn in this game, but if you can figure it out, i well be happy and i know it, plz don't let every pony down

Go Up