Funniest thing that's gone through your head/you've said during a class.

Started by SapphirePony, 2012 Aug 31, 19:06:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SapphirePony

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 02, 09:09:31
When I'm twirling my pen or pencil and it gets flung across the classroom by accident lol
That happened to me during math class  lol I was just playing with my mechanical pencil tapping it on my desk... it went flying onto the floor in front of me, the pencil had fallen 18 times that day  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

OH! In Chemistry class in high school, I had a can of energy drink on my desk. My pen cap fell on the floor, and I decided to silently retrieve it without getting out of my chair, so I wouldn't distract from the teacher giving a lesson. I leaned over, stretched across, and picked up the cap, thinking "Like a ninja." And then I tossed the pen to my desk because I couldn't get back up while holding it... and it hit my drink can, making a loud ding noise. I thought "Or not."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Judas

Chemistry, one of the first lessons, reaction of different metals on different salt-solutions.
My partner and I see we still have a little piece of Calcium, at least I thought it was.
Somehow it "fell" into a sink, suddenly it's starting to fizz, a bit of water didn't help, it got hot and became steam.
Trying to hide a steaming sink from the teacher was hard.

An other time two others where drying Ethanol to create a 100% solution.
Apparently there was a crack in the Florence flask or the cooler, anyway the Ethanol escaped
and caught fire, there entire setup was on fire, the teacher picked up a powder extinguisher and nobody was harmed.
Funny thing was, those two who where still in shock where told to clean up the powder.

Quite fun actually
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Once in Chemistry, we did a lab where we learned about exothermic and endothermic reactions. At the end of class, some idiots decided to see what would happen if they put the two endothermic and one exothermic substances into the water or whatever it was. It produced some kind of smelly gas. The teacher was kind of upset with them.

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 02, 09:47:14
Once in Chemistry, we did a lab where we learned about exothermic and endothermic reactions. At the end of class, some idiots decided to see what would happen if they put the two endothermic and one exothermic substances into the water or whatever it was. It produced some kind of smelly gas. The teacher was kind of upset with them.

Guessing what substances they could have used, the smelly gas could have been Ammonia that escaped when creating Ammonium hydroxide.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

SapphirePony

*points at all the posts about chemistry* That's why I want to take chemistry in high school!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: SapphirePony on 2012 Sep 02, 09:54:48
*points at all the posts about chemistry* That's why I want to take chemistry in high school!

High school chemistry is toned down because of
1. Costs. Definitely.
2. Danger, and the fact that they don't trust teens not to do something stupid like in these stories.

College chemistry has more stuff in the labs, including stuff that's a little more dangerous than in high school because college students tend to be a lot more mature in class, believe it or not.

After all, I've heard a story about some guy in high school chemistry class who decided to take some of the alkali metal that they were doing a lab with, wrap it in a paper towel, and stuff it in his pocket. He was gonna mess around with it outside of school or something. His partner accidentally knocked over a beaker of water, which spilled onto his pants, and the moment the alkali got wet... FWOOSH! It lit on fire!

High schools in my area don't use alkali metals in Chemistry labs anymore. :\ Predictable, I guess. Reckless teens + Volatile elements = Trouble waiting to happen.

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 02, 10:20:00
After all, I've heard a story about some guy in high school chemistry class who decided to take some of the alkali metal that they were doing a lab with, wrap it in a paper towel, and stuff it in his pocket. He was gonna mess around with it outside of school or something. His partner accidentally knocked over a beaker of water, which spilled onto his pants, and the moment the alkali got wet... FWOOSH! It lit on fire!

... And the Darwin-Award goes to...

Book Smarts

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Sep 02, 10:28:26
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 02, 10:20:00

... And the Darwin-Award goes to...

I tried to find a song, but this works better

Dreadnaught 308

in spanish

Teacher: ¿Qué es lo que usted compra en una biblioteca? (What do you buy at a library?)

Me: Un traductor español (A Spanish translator)
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Parasprite

Me- "The Egyptians relied heavily on the nig*er  ri-I MEAN NIGER RIVER!"
Class-"..."
Me- :I

Dreadnaught 308

Teacher: Whats your favorite food?
Me:......Butter
Class: o_O
Teacher: why?
Me: Because its butter :3
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Giggle Tail

Teacher one day in recycled art class: Speak now, or forever hold your buns.

I'll leave it to you guys to imagine the context  :P

Oh, and one of the funniest examples I can think of from my first college, in game theory and mechanics class:

Teacher: *writes "FUN" in all caps on the board* So, what is fun?

Student: *singing to the tune it had in Spongebob Squarepants* F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and m--

Teacher: NO NO NO!  *walks over to the white board with his marker* F IS FOR FIRE!  *writes down the rest of the word "fire" under the F* U IS FOR URANIUM!  *writes* AND N IS FOR NO SURVIVORS! *writes again*

Made funnier when you realize we never did get a definition after that  lol
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Sep 02, 13:59:20
Teacher: Whats your favorite food?
Me:......Butter
Class: o_O
Teacher: why?
Me: Because its butter :3

well they asked dident they. lol ^__^

hyper drive [HD]

my friend is stupid and in one class no drinks are alowed so he brought 20 12 packs of mt. dew. and when every one was reading he starts pulling out the dews from his bag my bag and 3 other friends bag and set them on our desk. teacher was reading and didnt see us till end of class then he looked at us and started laughing

Flamestriker

I once yelled out "I WANT COOKIES!" in the middle of maths.... the teacher gave me weird looks not because of what I said but I actually said something.... I'm not much of a talker.
[move][/move]

Stitchin Time

I got so many if I can remember them. lol

OH! Now I remember!

I was in art class and my teacher was explaining how to shape strings of glass. We both yelled out "FIRE!" at the same time, thus earning me my nickname of "Pyro."

Johannes

My friend had forgot his password. After few times he managed to log in.
I asked what the password was. He almost said it.

Go Up