Canterlot Siege

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Aug 23, 16:30:35

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

2012 Aug 23, 16:30:35 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 23, 17:49:37 by HerpyDooves
An awesome game I found on devientart: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=canterlot+siege#/d5bfpyv

I really think you guys should try this out though, it think it's better then most tower defense games I've played.

EDIT:  lol No scoreboard, cause you guys pointed out that the game only goes up to 30 rounds.

Zygrograxgra

Enemy health increases far, far too quickly for the rate at which you can get more/stronger ponies. So, no.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lary

I don't see the point of a scoreboard since the game ends at 30 waves (50 if you go advanced mode).

The game is incredibly easy once you realize how overpowered Rainbow Dash is.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

Chishio Kunrin

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

2012 Aug 23, 17:35:26 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 23, 17:51:47 by Trege
This game reminded me a lot of castle on Byond but a fully upgraded Pinkie Pie and Applejack break the game completely so far. o_o
Pinkie Pie became a Gatling gun of baked goods and Applejack is kicking every thing down, while Pinkie finishes off the ones that survive.

Pinkie Pie and Applejack are monsters. o_o

Old screenshot but they are fully upgraded now and destroy everything.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 23, 17:35:07
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 23, 17:33:45
Spoiler: show

Map 1

Your browser looks funny.

I'm using a simple chrome theme with some extensions

Lary

Me beating Discord:

Needless to say, he cheats.

Rissian

I haven't gotten to discord yet but I always lose 3 lives in wave 20 because I can't seem to defeat the changling queen.  ovO

Half tempted to put like 10 pinkie pies on the field I wonder if the game would crash, my goal was to try and beat it without doubles of any character but that may not likely ever happen.

Lary

2012 Aug 23, 20:42:18 #9 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 23, 20:46:08 by Lary
A few tips:

-Pinkie Pie is useless passed Wave 10. The monsters' HP/Speed ratio become too high for her to be effective. Not only that, but Applejack can do her job better at a slightly higher cost (which shouldn't be that much to you so late in the game).
-Twilight Sparkle is situational, at best. Rainbow Dash does her job better if positioned right.
-Put Rainbow Dash in a spot where her tornadoes will go along with the path to maximize her damage.
-Place Fluttershy in lots of places. Learn her effective range to maximize her potential.
-Trust me - you will need a LOT of Rarity if you want to take down Discord. I just got lucky when I beat him.
-Applejack does lots of damage to single targets. Great for bosses.
-Discord doesn't follow the path. He skates around the map, which may make some of your setup useless. Not only that, he fires a beam that will disable some of your towers/ponies (deharmonized).
-Don't use the Friendship Cannon unless you're in an absolutely dire state (i.e. monsters went out of your range and you're about to lose). Those bits can be put towards more ponies.

Rissian

I'll keep those in mind for the longest time I wasn't using Rainbow Dash mainly Pinkie Applejack Rarity and Twilight.

With that discord boss I wonder if the challenge of no double characters is even possible, I'd be happy just to beat wave 30 with no doubles.

Lary

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 23, 20:44:52
With that discord boss I wonder if the challenge of no double characters is even possible, I'd be happy just to beat wave 30 with no doubles.

Not possible with Discord. You won't even get close to him because of all the super enemies that appear after Wave 30 (especially the super Shadowbolts. One Fluttershy will never be enough for them).

As for Nightmare Moon, I just did it. It takes some planning, but it's possible.

Book Smarts

Discord should be doing his little dance as he goes through the map  lol

Lary

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 23, 21:53:12

He skates across the map, but when he stops, he does that dance. The screen flashes a bit. I still don't know what affect it has.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 23, 22:06:24
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 23, 21:53:12

He skates across the map, but when he stops, he does that dance. The screen flashes a bit. I still don't know what affect it has.

Oh okay, I lost on Chrysalis  :c

Lary

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 23, 22:11:37

You need some powerful single-target attackers. Applejack and Rainbow Dash make short work of her. I think she has a bit too much HP, though.

Bosses take away 3 lives. If you've had a successful defense thus far, you're free to let her go. (Later on three of her will appear in a single wave, but by that time you can pummel her like nothing)

Book Smarts

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 23, 22:31:21
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 23, 22:11:37

You need some powerful single-target attackers. Applejack and Rainbow Dash make short work of her. I think she has a bit too much HP, though.

Bosses take away 3 lives. If you've had a successful defense thus far, you're free to let her go. (Later on three of her will appear in a single wave, but by that time you can pummel her like nothing)

Yeah, I lost all my lives on the diamond dog tanks and wasted a good chunk of bits on two fully upgraded Pinkie Pie towers  :c . I had only one life left when Chrysalis came out

Lary

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 24, 08:03:04
Yeah, I lost all my lives on the diamond dog tanks and wasted a good chunk of bits on two fully upgraded Pinkie Pie towers  :c . I had only one life left when Chrysalis came out

Understandable. In my eyes, Pinkie Pie is the worst one of the group (she's the cheapest too, which would explain that). I tried stacking Pinkie Pies once. I started to get demolished once Gilda and the Night Royal Guards started to show up; even with Fluttershy they can't seem to keep up.

My advice is to learn ways to skip her entirely. I start with a well-placed Rainbow Dash and set up a Fluttershy to maximize her effectiveness. You should be set at least up to Iron Will. The only enemy you might have trouble on is the fast Diamond Dogs, but with well-positioned ponies they'll be no problem. I've gotten up to Chrysalis without losing a single life.

As for upgrades, always leave Range for last (except for Fluttershy). That's the least important one.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 24, 08:11:00
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 24, 08:03:04

Understandable. In my eyes, Pinkie Pie is the worst one of the group (she's the cheapest too, which would explain that). I tried stacking Pinkie Pies once. I started to get demolished once Gilda and the Night Royal Guards started to show up; even with Fluttershy they can't seem to keep up.

My advice is to learn ways to skip her entirely. I start with a well-placed Rainbow Dash and set up a Fluttershy to maximize her effectiveness. You should be set at least up to Iron Will. The only enemy you might have trouble on is the fast Diamond Dogs, but with well-positioned ponies they'll be no problem. I've gotten up to Chrysalis without losing a single life.

As for upgrades, always leave Range for last (except for Fluttershy). That's the least important one.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity are good for getting those guys that get through your forces. And if you upgrade Pinkie Pies delay time and damge all the way, she's very effective. And your also right about Fluttershy, but you might want to work on her delay time also, while range is just as important.

Lary

2012 Aug 24, 09:59:36 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 24, 10:03:06 by Lary
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Aug 24, 08:40:54
Pinkie Pie and Rarity are good for getting those guys that get through your forces. And if you upgrade Pinkie Pies delay time and damge all the way, she's very effective. And your also right about Fluttershy, but you might want to work on her delay time also, while range is just as important.

If you crunch the numbers, you will see that Applejack does Pinkie Pie's job better, and only for a few more bits (which, again, shouldn't be much if you're doing well).

At max level, Pinkie Pie deals 10 damage every .08 seconds (120~130 DPS).
At max level, Applejack deals 75 damage every .28 seconds (225~300 DPS).

The only advantage Pinkie Pie has over Applejack is range (28 more pixels), but with a well-placed Fluttershy that becomes null because she'll out DPS Pinkie Pie before the enemy exits her range.

But yes, Rarity does deal amazing damage at long range. She's actually stronger than Twilight Sparkle DPS-wise, and necessary to get around Discord's cheap tricks.

Go Up