Perfect world international

Started by Nala Valor, 2012 Aug 18, 16:11:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nala Valor

I want to know if someone here on the forum plays this game.
((for those who don't know what is the game))
Its an MMO made by perfect world (company name). This game have a lot of classes and races and  of only that, it is the game that has the most chstumization out there ((no but. Just for the body, you had like 10 scrollers to toggle stuff. The face as like 20 or something.)) I played it once, really liked it but then my brother said that I don't need a MMO since I had diablo 2 and just removed it from my PC. (stupid brother is stupid)
So, yeah, for those who wants to play with me at that game, feel free to find me.  ^-^

((the username will be TheOnlyBeeNut or Tkalithor, depending if someone took it))

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 19, 05:18:46 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 05:48:59 by Chishio Kunrin
I have PW. :3 My main character is a venomancer, but I also have an assassin that I like to use. My winged elf cleric goes pretty unused, and I haven't even gotten around to using my earthguard or whatever since I um... forgot my account or password shortly after making her. I haven't been on in forever because of that. :s

I took quite a few awesome screenshots from the game, though. Some of them, I wanna redo because I found out that it looks soooo much better with the graphics changed.
For example:
Spoiler: "Magic in a Dark Place" • show
First time:

Redone with better graphics, before I found out how to hide my name:

I really need to redo "Fire and Ice":
Spoiler: show

Tundra looks much better with higher graphics:
Spoiler: "Lone Fox" • show

Ooh, one of my favorites! I set it as my desktop background for a long time:
Spoiler: "Lost" • show

I think I ended up being more of a photographer than a quester. lol

By the way, I figured out my account and password, so you've just nostalgiafied me into updating my client and logging on there again.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Wafflestomp

Never tried this game. Any good?

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 19, 08:48:23 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 09:15:30 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Wafflestomp on 2012 Aug 19, 08:15:58

Yeah, it is pretty good. The only problem I have with it is the leveling system. Every level up, you get 5 points to spend on your four attributes - vitality, strength, magic, and dexterity. Weapons and armor require you to be a certain level and for certain attributes to have a certain amount in them, and vitality upgrades your HP. There are 3 types of armor, and each race has to use certain types of weapons.

I end up sitting at my desk for hours trying to chart out the best way to put points into my attributes so I'll be able to actually get good equipment at the level I should have them. :l I seriously, seriously hope LoE doesn't end up using this kind of leveling system. The careful planning it requires is a pain.

After all, I'm trying to chart for my Earthguard Mystic right now, and I just hit a snag. I'm gonna have to erase some of my chart and redo it so she'll be able to get the level 21 weapon. One problem is that you shouldn't aim just for the exact amount the weapon requires. You should go over that because there might be a random stupid huge jump in amount needed.
Level 19 weapon: Strength 12, Magic 46.
Level 21 weapon: Strength 14, Magic 64.
:l And meanwhile I'm trying to plan for armor that works with Strength and Dexterity, while leaving room to improve my HP.

[Edit]: I just decided to go back to what I did on my other characters: Not care a thing about armor. Who cares if I wear mismatched armor? I don't. In weapons, I don't have a choice, unlike in armor. I'm playing a magic user, so I only have one type of weapon I can use: Magic.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 19, 08:48:23
Quote from: Wafflestomp on 2012 Aug 19, 08:15:58

Yeah, it is pretty good. The only problem I have with it is the leveling system. Every level up, you get 5 points to spend on your four attributes - vitality, strength, magic, and dexterity. Weapons and armor require you to be a certain level and for certain attributes to have a certain amount in them, and vitality upgrades your HP. There are 3 types of armor, and each race has to use certain types of weapons.

I end up sitting at my desk for hours trying to chart out the best way to put points into my attributes so I'll be able to actually get good equipment at the level I should have them. :l I seriously, seriously hope LoE doesn't end up using this kind of leveling system. The careful planning it requires is a pain.

After all, I'm trying to chart for my Earthguard Mystic right now, and I just hit a snag. I'm gonna have to erase some of my chart and redo it so she'll be able to get the level 21 weapon. One problem is that you shouldn't aim just for the exact amount the weapon requires. You should go over that because there might be a random stupid huge jump in amount needed.
Level 19 weapon: Strength 12, Magic 46.
Level 21 weapon: Strength 14, Magic 64.
:l And meanwhile I'm trying to plan for armor that works with Strength and Dexterity, while leaving room to improve my HP.

[Edit]: I just decided to go back to what I did on my other characters: Not care a thing about armor. Who cares if I wear mismatched armor? I don't. In weapons, I don't have a choice, unlike in armor. I'm playing a magic user, so I only have one type of weapon I can use: Magic.

Ragnarok is worse
They give you 5 points every base lvl and every time you use it to a certain stat, that stat starts to require more points to increase

Nala Valor

I'm a venomancer and I'm so close to be able to transform :3 like just one mission.

For the point thing, I give always like this and indont care for weapons because I'm soon going to let only my pet do all the work.
Vitality=+1 magic=+3
Strenght=+1/+0 dexterity=+1/+0
((the / is because I alternate between them.

And I was thinking of doing a tank-y Mage, just to see how it goes.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 19, 10:35:37 #6 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 14:51:05 by Chishio Kunrin
On my Venomancer, I do care about weapons 'cause I tend to help my pet, and sometimes I get attacked while my pet is busy fighting something else. >.<

[Edit]: I've gone photographer mode again. :P I'm about to have to leave behind a beautiful area, soooo I'm taking screenshots before I go. I'll likely post 'em up later.

[Edit]: Trying to visit the Elder of Tellus City, and I'm so confused. I don't know where he is on that building with the tangle of elevated paths. What kind of sadistic person came up with this floor plan?!
I had to walk into the big glowy circle. They should really label those.

Rissian

2012 Aug 19, 16:35:42 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 17:28:26 by Trege
I used to play PW but it was years ago, I even got my sister and her friend to play it I originally loved it because of the music and graphics but I think they got ahead of me and I ended up getting bored training by myself, half tempted to give it another try but I dunno if I'd be able to get interested in the game again or not.

What kind of pets do they have anyways and is it possible to get a pet fox or something?

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Aug 19, 17:39:52 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 17:42:49 by Chishio Kunrin
Logged off PW for now, maybe for today. So now, I present the best screenshots I took today. =P
Spoiler: show

^If you've been to the elder in Tollus City or whatever and gone to the room behind him, take a closer look at those guys dressed in black. Why are they so creepy?!

Sorry they're so small. I posted them on Facebook because it's easier that way. That way, I share it with my friends and have a link to use to post them on here. Facebook makes large images smaller. I think I might post the best ones on maybe... DeviantArt or something, so I can post bigger versions.

Book Smarts

Why only two classes per race? why not be able to choose any class no matter what  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 19, 17:43:20
Why only two classes per race? why not be able to choose any class no matter what  :l

I dunno. I think the classes are special to the races' cultures. Venomancer kinda makes sense. It'd be weird if a fish-person (Tideborn) transformed into a fox and had a special connection with taming animals. :I

I never really liked that the Untamed classes are gender-specific, though. Only a male Untamed can be a Barbarian, and only a female Untamed can be a Venomancer.

Rissian

2012 Aug 19, 17:49:46 #11 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 19, 18:11:12 by Trege
So can only Venomancer have pets? I'm pretty sure I've only played Elf and Human so I'm not sure what the others can do.

(I've forgotten almost everything about this game because I haven't played it in so long.  ovO )

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Aug 19, 17:46:47
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Aug 19, 17:43:20

I dunno. I think the classes are special to the races' cultures. Venomancer kinda makes sense. It'd be weird if a fish-person (Tideborn) transformed into a fox and had a special connection with taming animals. :I

I never really liked that the Untamed classes are gender-specific, though. Only a male Untamed can be a Barbarian, and only a female Untamed can be a Venomancer.

Yeah, venomancer could be excluded, but the rest of the races could easily learn to be the other classes no problem

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 19, 17:49:46
So can only Venomancer have pets? I'm pretty sure I've only played Elf and Human so I'm not sure what the others can do.

(I've forgotten almost everything about this game because I haven't played it in so long.  ovO )

Venomancers are the only ones who can tame monsters from a wide, wide selection all over the map and use them in battle. The new class Mystic has a few creatures that they can kill for a few quests and thus unlock being able to summon, as they level up.

Everyone can get pets that're just for show, though most of the pets cost real money. Ones that don't are usually the super rare ones or something like that. I think there was once a special where everyone could get a free Cerberus puppy pet.

dashpony94

I used to play that game, but then I took a Guild Wars 2 to the knee.
"One does not simply choose a favourite pony"

Go Up