Video Game livestreams?

Started by Rissian, 2012 Aug 10, 05:31:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

I dunno if anyone here is interested in this type of thing or not but I used to do some live streams on the last forum I went to and thought I may as well see if anyone does them here or likes watching them I'm gonna be streaming Zelda Majora's Mask tomorrow if anyone is interested at 3PM CST, I'll also have my mic to provide commentary but I've never vocally provided commentary before so it may be a quiet stream I have skype if anyone is interested in livestreams and wants to join in though. Skype name : Trege100

Majora's Mask Starting at 3PM CST 8/10/2012

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trege-s-channel

(I doubt I'll be able to beat Majora's Mask in a day but I can try.  :D )

Firey

I wish I could make streams but I just don't have the time.
So many assignments....so much homework....
Then I decided to make a Youtube channel!                        ovO
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Lary

Sure you can! Just look at this guy! He beat the game in just 90 minutes.

:D

---

I also do livestreams, but nobody watches. Probably gonna run another one eventually.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Teal Turken

J-Just 90 minutes?! O:
This is unheard of! Oh my gosh!

Lary

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Aug 10, 07:41:39
J-Just 90 minutes?! O:
This is unheard of! Oh my gosh!

To be fair, there were many tools used for it (Emulating, using save states and frame-by-frame movement along with planning out the fastest route possible beforehand and whatnot), hence why it's called a Tool-Assisted Speedrun (TAS for short.)

There's a website full of them for all types of games. Mostly retro, since they're easier.

Nonetheless, it's still possible to beat it in a day. ^-^

Rissian

My run may take up to a few hours or more with my luck, it also depends on how much I remember in the game.  ovO

(I also enjoy watching some live streams depending on the game.)

Lord of Madness

I love video game live streams ^3^

Blues-Music

2012 Aug 10, 15:44:56 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 10, 15:55:26 by Blues-Music
I guess I can make a livestream of me playing  games , but to record them I have to emulate them.I think its not against the law to emulate games I already own....Also is it okay with you?I feel if I do it I would be copying you.If it is okay then I will play megaman X.

Rissian

2012 Aug 10, 15:56:46 #8 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 10, 16:00:32 by Trege
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Aug 10, 15:44:56
I guess I can make a livestream of me playing  games , but to record them I have to emulate them.I think its not against the law to emulate games I already own....Also is it okay with you?I feel if I do it I would be copying you.If it is okay then I will play megaman X.

If your talking about streaming Zelda then it's not an issue I mean games are for anyone who owns them to stream if they want to it wouldn't be copying.

After hours of tediously adjusting my mic it may actually be working now and the audio as well.  :l

So it's live now.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 10, 15:56:46

If your talking about streaming Zelda then it's not an issue I mean games are for anyone who owns them to stream if they want to it wouldn't be copying.

After hours of tediously adjusting my mic it may actually be working now and the audio as well.  :l

So it's live now.

:DD

lurk852

I tried the one-day thing once, but I made the mistake of taking the time to finish the first dungeon in the usual order, instead of scrambling like crazy to get to the ranch. Definitely a fun challenge, though.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lary

Lots of people livestream games. It's only illegal to livestream games that you've never owned.

Me? I like livestreaming really obscure, but fun, games. ^-^

Rissian

My power went out so I lost small progress it's kind of lucky though since I completely forgot to play the song that slows down time, now I can do it at the start of the first day.

Lord of Madness

well I guess that worked... out... or something in a way :T

Go Up