Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

By the way, why do pegasi start out flying? :c That can also be contributing to my lag.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rikaria

So... I've seen some obscene names while I was playing... I hope the Character Creation screen also gets an extensive filter.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stitchin Time

Eeyup. :l Also, people are writing pretty profane things by using special characters.

The Wandering Magus

that's a lot of... questionable names.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:31:42
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 28, 21:26:21
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:15:25
Well, Trege. It took a long time for the game to load me into Ponyville, and I got the connection lost thingy again, but this time, the game loaded more than it did last time! The ponies got color, there were pegasus wings flapping, and there was MUSIC!!! O: Such a great achievement!

I managed to click return to menu, and it froze for a bit, the scroll disappeared, a tutorial window opened, the game froze for a little while, and now I'm back on the main menu. X3

What server did you try currently Crysalis is working well again and Luna is stable as well from what I can see being in game.

And if the low memory error is gone now we just have to determine what's disconnecting you.

It was Crysalis. Now I'm trying Luna. The low memory error bubble didn't appear this time.

Does the game disconnect you if your pony is idle for 30 minutes or something? That may be why I'm disconnected as soon as the loading screen goes away.

Theres no idle timer as far as I can tell. I went afk on the clock tower for a long time as my Pegasus OC and it stayed connected.

Theres something else that may help, but it depends on if you like the look of classic windows or not. If you set windows to classic mode it will use less resources. as it may be your CPU that's causing you to get D/Ced or overall computer lag.

max_silverfox

hey, there are more than fireballs? i mean my pony has ice cutiemark yet fires fireballs

also... becarefull everfree has botomless holes

SapphirePony

While I was playing, the only pony who would come up and talk to me is Driftless  :D But I ended up leaving him and his spinning head to sit beside a Timberwolf in the everfree  ovO

max_silverfox

so the werepony was him? OMG

ps where is the item list?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 28, 21:41:35
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:31:42
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 28, 21:26:21
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:15:25
Well, Trege. It took a long time for the game to load me into Ponyville, and I got the connection lost thingy again, but this time, the game loaded more than it did last time! The ponies got color, there were pegasus wings flapping, and there was MUSIC!!! O: Such a great achievement!

I managed to click return to menu, and it froze for a bit, the scroll disappeared, a tutorial window opened, the game froze for a little while, and now I'm back on the main menu. X3

What server did you try currently Crysalis is working well again and Luna is stable as well from what I can see being in game.

And if the low memory error is gone now we just have to determine what's disconnecting you.

It was Crysalis. Now I'm trying Luna. The low memory error bubble didn't appear this time.

Does the game disconnect you if your pony is idle for 30 minutes or something? That may be why I'm disconnected as soon as the loading screen goes away.

Theres no idle timer as far as I can tell. I went afk on the clock tower for a long time as my Pegasus OC and it stayed connected.

Theres something else that may help, but it depends on if you like the look of classic windows or not. If you set windows to classic mode it will use less resources. as it may be your CPU that's causing you to get D/Ced or overall computer lag.

I don't mind classic windows, I guess. :c I'll try that when I'm done watching the sunrise.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Towa

need so bad for key instructions, couldn't fly down as a pegasus...
am i just stupid or...?

SapphirePony

Quote from: max_silverfox on 2012 Sep 28, 21:50:53
so the werepony was him? OMG

ps where is the item list?
Well uhm.. Kake isn't a werepony, and she's not a him  lol She's a wolf I turned into a pony and I was just seeing who would figure out that I was Kake and that I was the wolfpony sitting beside the timberwolf  ovO

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:51:22
I don't mind classic windows, I guess. :c I'll try that when I'm done watching the sunrise.

To get the best results telling windows to set your PC for best performance may help a lot as well. It can be found in the adjust visual effects area of the control panel then you hit apply after picking adjust for best performance.

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Towa on 2012 Sep 28, 21:53:03
need so bad for key instructions, couldn't fly down as a pegasus...
am i just stupid or...?

You have to hold the "toggle flight key(?) to move up/dpwn on the x axis, you land when you hit the ground

I think it's toggle flight, I changed my controls the second I started so it's right control for me.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: rhyme writer on 2012 Sep 28, 21:32:20
I know fireball is left shift+left click. But teleport either doesn't exist (in this pre alpha) or its some unknown command.

Teleport does not exist yet :3

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 28, 21:57:57
Quote from: rhyme writer on 2012 Sep 28, 21:32:20
I know fireball is left shift+left click. But teleport either doesn't exist (in this pre alpha) or its some unknown command.

Teleport does not exist yet :3
oh x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

max_silverfox

1) so... there is just fire ball spell...

2) i drew wereponys once along nightmare night ponies

3) where is the so called item list...

4) im snowy iceshards not the other snowy whic i meet on the forum

MyBoyJ

2012 Sep 28, 22:04:57 #796 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 28, 22:45:14 by MyBoyJ
Every time I try to log into the game, I get a message that says "couldn't parse server request." It's instantaneous, so it doesn't seem to have a connection at all. Are there ports that need to be forwarded or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I re-downloaded the files from the mirror source and now it works.

Tiger

Quote from: max_silverfox on 2012 Sep 28, 22:03:23
3) where is the so called item list...

First page, first post.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

TokyoOranges

I've ben having trouble getting connected, I'll log in and when I pick a server it'll go for a little bit and It'll stop responding. I'm fairly sure it's not a memory issue (I've got 8G of RAM) Would it just be because it's pre-alpha and everyone's trying to get in at the same time?

I've tried Dissy and Chrysalys so far, but looking through here, Luna seems to befairly stable so I'll give that one a try next and post an edit to this if I can get through.
[/url]

Tiger

Quote from: TokyoOranges on 2012 Sep 28, 22:21:11
I've ben having trouble getting connected, I'll log in and when I pick a server it'll go for a little bit and It'll stop responding. I'm fairly sure it's not a memory issue (I've got 8G of RAM) Would it just be because it's pre-alpha and everyone's trying to get in at the same time?

I've tried Dissy and Chrysalys so far, but looking through here, Luna seems to befairly stable so I'll give that one a try next and post an edit to this if I can get through.

Antlershy just pushed an update (as said in the irc chat) to fix some stuff, so with everyone trying to get back in, it'll take a long time to load.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Go Up