Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

/joke.  but seriously, I hope this is what the team was waiting for.  Lag, glitches, BSoD's, &cetera.  Maybe now they'll look for more volunteer programmers to fix all the bugs.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Darkangel

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 28, 18:20:09
If you get stuck. Ask a mod to summon you. Else create a new pony character and it works.

For you who are stuck on the 30min logins. Try to reboot your PC to free up memory.

Well you WHERE on the server... Do I really have to ask you to summon me? :P Because I was saying I was stuck in the void like, 50 times. lol
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

flutterkind

It appears that multiple people here have the problem that nothing happens when they click on a server and so do I. Even though most of them have stated that they used wine to emulate a windows, I have tried it on my windows XP as well, but the same error ocurred.

SweBow, do you know what could be the problem?

SweBow

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 28, 18:22:44
/joke.  but seriously, I hope this is what the team was waiting for.  Lag, glitches, BSoD's, &cetera.  Maybe now they'll look for more volunteer programmers to fix all the bugs.

We kind of expected it. Then again, we won't accept any bug reports for this. It's a known fact that we aren't happy with this build.

LostSanity

Heh... I was there. For awhile anyway.

However I couldn't figure out how to log out so I closed the game.

When I attempted to go back in the floor was gone and I wasn't moving at all.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

SweBow

Quote from: flutterkind on 2012 Sep 28, 18:24:39
It appears that multiple people here have the problem that nothing happens when they click on a server and so do I. Even though most of them have stated that they used wine to emulate a windows, I have tried it on my windows XP as well, but the same error ocurred.

We cannot help with Wine, sorry.

Hmm weird... XP is suppose to work. Got .NET 4?

flutterkind

Chishio Kunrin

This is what the game looks like when it's not fully loaded:

^That's what I was talking about when I said blue ground, black hills, and bald ponies.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lagomorph

had no problems whatsoever so far and the game is uber amazing  :3 :3 :3 and for a pre-alpha this is even more amazing  ^-^

SweBow

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 18:29:35

^That's what I was talking about when I said blue ground, black hills, and bald ponies.

Yeah, sorry. The game isn't very optimized at the moment. Might be to much for your PC at the moment with all players on   :c

Darkangel

Well, LAST try, I will ask the mods to summon me. If there any mods on...
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Iodine

Rissian

That actually happened to me on the Luna Server, it took awhile to load ponyville after I left everfree it eventually loaded though.

Do you get the memory low error after the game starts?

Chishio Kunrin

By the way, why was I outside the hospital?
Iodine.. NOT FAIR. DD:
Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 28, 18:33:40

That actually happened to me on the Luna Server, it took awhile to load ponyville after I left everfree it eventually loaded though.

Yes. :c

The Wandering Magus

well, if you were expecting it, then that's great ^-^  now you know!
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 18:35:26

If you want a step by step walk through on increasing your virtual memory I can show you how. It may make it playable but theres no Guarantee. It's not actually that hard at all I can even provide a picture guide. Lacking in virtual memory and RAM may be why it isn't loading the areas but I'm not sure. As CPU and other factors play a part in it as well.

flutterkind

Quote from: flutterkind on 2012 Sep 28, 18:24:39

Correction. I extracted another instance of the game out of the .zip file to make sure the malfunction on windows XP doesn't result from a wrong modification made by wine while not running the game correctly and the result:

it works just fine. Problem solved. I'm kindly grateful for your help, SweBow. Keep up the good work. *totally not quoting Twilight with that last sentence.*

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 28, 18:41:10
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 18:35:26

If you want a step by step walk through on increasing your virtual memory I can show you how. It may make it playable but theres no Guarantee. It's not actually that hard at all I can even provide a picture guide. Lacking in virtual memory and RAM may be why it isn't loading the areas but I'm not sure. As CPU and other factors play a part in it as well.

Yes please.

Rissian

2012 Sep 28, 18:53:28 #698 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 28, 18:55:33 by Trege
Ok first go to the start menu then my computer judging by that screenshot you're in XP right? I need to know how much space your hard drive has before virtual memory can be adjusted.

Hovering the mouse over local disk c will tell you your hard drive memory.

LostSanity

I think it's time I gave up.

Now it's not letting me log in at all.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Go Up