Chez le Chef Creatif et la Chef Creative

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Sep 27, 08:27:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Little Judas

A few moths ago there was a topic for your creative food ideas.
Now my question for you everypony, what unorthodox meals have you actually made.
(Failed and successful experiments welcome)

Let's get started.

Today I actually tried a scrambled egg with whisky.
I can tell you that it isn't... the best.
The Ethanol destroyed the structure of the egg.
The red wine-vinegar I added did nothing much because the taste of red label dominates everything

Conclusion: edible but not something worth trying.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

I poured chocolate milk in a bowl and put it in the freezer for a day once. It was my lazy cheap attempt to make something ice cream-like, one desperate summer week. It seemed a lot of the water separated from the milk and formed ice that was still kind of flavored by the chocolate milk. Not very delicious, but it was still satisfying and not too hard to dig into. I just needed something cold to eat.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Sep 27, 08:27:07
Now my question for you everypony, what unorthodox meals have you actually made.

Let's get started.

The red wine-vinegar I added did nothing much because the taste of red label dominates everything

I could have warned you a long time ago o -o

LaptopCommandStation

That's why I never cook with liquor.  Besides, I need to save it for game nights to improve my aim.  ovO

I could have sworn i've done many things similar to this but nothing comes to mind
except for the 1st time I ever had coffee.  I tried it black, which was disgusting BTW, and then for whatever reason decided, instead of using milk/sugar, to use water to dilute it... >A<
Took 2 years for me to try coffee again, and now i'm hooked on it  :D

Stitchin Time

Hrrrrmmmm... let me think about it...

Rissian

One of my first failed attempts at being creative with food was when I was a kid, I put ketchup and cheese on bread then heated it up in the microwave. I was like Pizza. Then I took a bite and it was not good at all. I did a lot of weird experiments with food as a kid some that didn't even make sense.

One other thing I tried when I was older though was making homemade pancake mix from ingredients and baking it in the oven on a cake pan it actually turned out good except for one issue. I forgot to add the sugar so it was very bitter chocolate pancake mix cake.  :c

Stitchin Time

Once I put ham and strawberry jam on bread. Actually good. ovO

Little Judas

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 27, 12:33:33
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Sep 27, 08:27:07

Let's get started.

I could have warned you a long time ago o -o

Maybe, but a failure you make yourself doesn't give you the idea "Lets do it anyway!"

Just tried something new, I added cinnamon to my earl grey and also stirred a tea-bag of camomile in it.
Well technically I added the thee to hot cinnamon-water.
It was really good, although as a warning, do not put a cup
of cinnamon-water in the microwave: once it boils you got
yourself quite a mess. Add it afterwards.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Chishio Kunrin

When I was a kid: Get ketchup on your tongue, then take a drink of Sprite. ^-^ I dunno why. Came up with it while eating McDonald's.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

At Wendy's I dip french fries in the chocolate frosty shakes, it's actually really good tasting and my parents like it as well now since me and my sister had them try it.   :3

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Sep 27, 20:14:22
At Wendy's I dip french fries in the chocolate frosty shakes, it's actually really good tasting and my parents like it as well now since me and my sister had them try it.   :3

I also do that! And with hamburgers and chicken burgers. :3

Rissian

Hamburgers? o_o I haven't tried it with that, if I ever get a hamburger from Wendy's I may give it a try but I don't eat there often.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Sep 27, 14:43:25
That's why I never cook with liquor.  Besides, I need to save it for game nights to improve my aim.  ovO

I could have sworn i've done many things similar to this but nothing comes to mind
except for the 1st time I ever had coffee.  I tried it black, which was disgusting BTW, and then for whatever reason decided, instead of using milk/sugar, to use water to dilute it... >A<
Took 2 years for me to try coffee again, and now i'm hooked on it  :D

lol the water part made me laugh :3

LaptopCommandStation

You guys talking about dipping stuff reminds me of my habit of drinking gravy from KFC or Harvey's.  I get looks when I do it in the restaurants  ovO
Once when I was a kid I actually remember opening straw after straw of pixie sticks(Basically sour sugar) into a bowl and eating it with a spoon.
Oh, and my bacon cheeseburger that makes the baconator look like a little wimp...
Spoiler: show

...Good question, I have no idea how i'm still alive....

Rissian

Hardee's Hashbrowns are really good dipped in gravy. Not sure how many people do that but it's incredibly delicious.  ovO

*Note to self once I get a job and license eat at hardee's maybe once a month.*

Lord of Madness

all this talk of ketchup reminds me of how i used to put it on my eggs and mashed potatos o3o

Johannes

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 28, 01:16:14
all this talk of ketchup reminds me of how i used to put it on my eggs and mashed potatos o3o

My little brother used to put ketchup on everything. He even tried to put it on icecream.

Little Judas

... eggs and mashed potatos o3o

Why would you do that, that's blasphemy!

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Sep 28, 02:44:44
... eggs and mashed potatos o3o

Why would you do that, that's blasphemy!

would you rathern it be bacon? "33

Little Judas

Go Up