Ponies: Lost In Space [OOC]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Dec 09, 21:40:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Onyx Quill

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2018 Apr 01, 14:49:41@Onyx Quill

Hey, I didn't really follow your recent posts. What's exactly is goin' on now? ^^;;;;

They're escaping from a wormhole-based attack. Might be how the Solar Arrow got separated from the fleet before, maybe. This time, Onyx knew what to look for.
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

Nightshade Star

Basically everyone uses ^^;;;; in this OOC lol
Also sorry for not being online (again), I planned to follow Mimic but I was on a trip so I couldn't really post :P

FakeSmile

2018 Apr 01, 15:22:42 #1082 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 01, 15:26:20 by FakeSmile
Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Apr 01, 14:53:56

Okay, just let folks know when you do events like this before hand ^^;;

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2018 Apr 01, 14:59:10

I picked it up from Sparkle ^^;; lol Also, you're fine
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

SparkleChord

Quote from: Nightshade Star on 2018 Apr 01, 14:59:10Basically everyone uses ^^;;;; in this OOC lol
Also sorry for not being online (again), I planned to follow Mimic but I was on a trip so I couldn't really post :P

np ^^ hope you enjoyed your trip! c:

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2018 Apr 01, 15:22:42I picked it up from Sparkle ^^;;

Muahahaha, Just as I planned.... ovO (jk xD)

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Apr 01, 14:53:56They're escaping from a wormhole-based attack. Might be how the Solar Arrow got separated from the fleet before, maybe. This time, Onyx knew what to look for.

For future reference, please run ideas like this by everyone before putting them into action ^^; larger events like that are difficult to respond to if no one is given notice that it's going to happen, especially if others were in the middle of their own story things when it happens.
(Formerly known as Purple)

Onyx Quill

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Apr 01, 15:32:27np ^^ hope you enjoyed your trip! c:

Muahahaha, Just as I planned.... ovO (jk xD)

For future reference, please run ideas like this by everyone before putting them into action ^^; larger events like that are difficult to respond to if no one is given notice that it's going to happen, especially if others were in the middle of their own story things when it happens.

This won't be a  big event, but sure. Thought I mentioned it on the Discord channel yesterday, but turns out the message didn't go through. Connection dies without me noticing. Basically, the counter-measures get pulled into the wormhole and trick the attackers briefly into thinking they captured the Arrow. Fools them long enough for us to move away. Everything goes back to normal in a few minutes. Most passengers wouldn't really notice. Mixture of skill and dumb luck. :D
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

FakeSmile

The "big event" isnt really reference to size/importance, more to how many people would interact with it. Or aware that its occurring. Basically, if it distracts others from what theyre currently doing or any influence like that.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

The Solar Arrow got attack again? Seriously? It almost ruined my plan.

Anyway, here is what I was thinking when they introduced the secret library : A book that talk about how Mimic is created by... Ok, I guess it's dumb. Nevermind. (Bad habit to decline myself every time I bring a idea)

FakeSmile

It would at least give the secret library a purpose so I think it's a swell idea
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Onyx Quill

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2018 Apr 04, 17:17:30It would at least give the secret library a purpose so I think it's a swell idea

It probably belongs to somepony important. Who likes books.

SparkleChord

The secret library room is Celestia's personal study ^^; it was actually mentioned early in the RP, and a few times in Smiley's posts.  That sounds like a neat idea btw Julien ^^

Julien999

Um, rethinking about it, it might not be a good idea. First, Celestia did not write this book. Second, it's more of a journal than a simple how to book.

What I mean is that this book strangely managed to end up in one of the secrets location as a... "bonus".

FakeSmile

Quote from: Julien999 on 2018 Apr 05, 01:10:32

The Princess could have been just looking at the journal and that's how it ended up there. Like before the attack, the journal couldve been shoved in one of the library shelves where folks hardly go.

If that doesnt work for you then we can try to figure out how the journal could be found.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

Okay... I can always put this journal about Mimic and then remove it if it's not great.

And I think I will move that ship to the Solar Arrow's sensor. It is unfortunate that the recent attack happened, causing me to wonder when it's the best time to make that ship appear.

FakeSmile

I think the idea is good; Mimic has always been interesting to me. Yeah, we can talk about the best time for it. You don't have to spoil the whole thing but giving us a general idea of this ship appearing will help us smoothly fit it into the RP.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

SparkleChord

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Apr 05, 17:57:40The Attack on our fleet that separated the Arrow from us was not random. It was no accident that the Arrow, out of all the ships present, was taken. 
The aliens that attacked us wanted that ship for as-yet unknown reasons. My theory is that they wanted the VIPs they falsely thought were aboard the Arrow. Twenty-five ponies who will be critical to rebuilding our society. They're not aboard the Arrow. In fact, they're on the Meadowbrook. They're the reason I need to be on that ship. All part of some plan high command came up with to misdirect our enemies.  I'm acting on their orders. They knew *someone* was stalking us, even before the attack.

@Onyx Quill for future reference, please discuss things like this with everyone before putting them in your posts.  The canon for the RP up until now was that the ponies stored in cryosleep for rebooting the Equestrian race were onboard the Solar Arrow.  All of our OCs woke up from said cryosleep (with the exception of like, 2 or 3), so adding this in pretty much breaks the canon.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Apr 05, 20:45:51@Onyx Quill for future reference, please discuss things like this with everyone before putting them in your posts.  The canon for the RP up until now was that the ponies stored in cryosleep for rebooting the Equestrian race were onboard the Solar Arrow.  All of our OCs woke up from said cryosleep (with the exception of like, 2 or 3), so adding this in pretty much breaks the canon.

Honestly meant to cut that before I posted it. Went back and edited.

SparkleChord

oh, okie ^^; my bad Lol.  Thanks ^^;;;

Onyx Quill

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Apr 05, 20:59:01oh, okie ^^; my bad Lol.  Thanks ^^;;;

I mentioned VIPs in stasis aboard the Meadowbrook way back in one of my first posts, but Onyx wouldn't reveal that to anyone yet.

SparkleChord

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Apr 05, 22:02:16I mentioned VIPs in stasis aboard the Meadowbrook way back in one of my first posts, but Onyx wouldn't reveal that to anyone yet.

oh ^^;

idk how I missed that XD

maybe the cryosleep ponies were all spread out across the different ships or something?  So then if one got attacked you wouldn't lose all the VIPs.

FakeSmile

We need to make sure we don't contradict each other when adding ideas. Also, anything that involves what happened to the Solar Arrow is gonna heavily impact the RP when the characters find out. With that said, we all need to agree on additional information that regards what happened before the VIPs woke up
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Go Up