Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AaronMk

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 May 14, 18:19:50
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 May 14, 17:14:17
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 14, 13:32:06
Next season we got God King Larson back.

....God-King M.A. Larson....
I approve of this.

What? No... He got bumped up to alicorn princess.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Buddy Minute

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 13, 21:58:26
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 May 13, 21:51:11
Spoiler: show
Oh man, that was great!
The Rainbow Power no doubt is the new Elements of Harmony. And did anyone else notice they never referred to Rainbow Power by name? And anyway, I'm guessing that it'll be invovled in the next Equestria Girls in some way! And yeah, sooner or later they're going to run out of villain ideas, Tirek was by far the most powerful one yet! Only one question... How will Rainbow Power be activated in the future?[/color]
[/quote]
[spoiler]Considering the colored streaks in their hair in pretty much every advertisement for Rainbow Rocks or the Rainbow Rocks dolls? Plus "Rainbow" being in the title? I'm 99.999999999~% sure rainbow power will play a role in it.

One thing I love about the finale is that it avoided some of the more horrible pit falls that I could imagine. I feared something would happen to Celestia and Luna. I feared a rumor that Twilight would become ruler of Equestria. So on.

But the idea that this finale could introduce the element that brings us the next EG? That makes me a little sick. Oh well! Plenty of other things to look forward too.

Things I just wanna throw out before the thread dies:

-I like that Twilight's "Friendship" is a good elemental pairing to Cadance's "Love." I bet this was intentional. Hey, wasn't there a thread about this?

-Next season has me hyped. What will Twilight's next move be? I'm hoping it involves traveling across Equestria. This might be much, but I'd love to see some other nations. Maybe some of the one's introduced in the Equestria Games?

-Yay more M.A Larson. Heck, we got a lot of new decent writers this season, I hope they come back.

AaronMk

I think before we start hoping for certain writers we should probably consider if there's "too much". I do consider this past season to be a great season, but one thing I heard a bit of was that they maybe had too many writers working on it. As suggested it could be a element in bringing to the surface too many inconsistencies within characters or stories.

Another thing I hear is that some - notably Meghan - had three other shows they were writing for and the general writing quality can be reflected in that. As opposed to going stellar, for the sake of deadlines they had to go for "passing grade".

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Tiger

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 15, 00:40:50
I do consider this past season to be a great season, but one thing I heard a bit of was that they maybe had too many writers working on it. As suggested it could be a element in bringing to the surface too many inconsistencies within characters or stories.

One such example being Fluttershy randomly having stage fright when she had already sang in front of others countless times in the previous seasons. Heck, she was performing on stage during Hearth's Warming's Eve.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Midnight Breeze

Inconsistencies like that are nothing knew really. Sometimes it feels like the writers don't even take the time to look back over what they themselves wrote in the past. Even earlier in the season.

I mean, in season 1 there was Twilight saying something like "Magic is logical and predictable. It only makes things happen that you intend to happen" then a few episodes later it showed her utterly losing control of her magic and and turning her own parents into plants. Predictable, eh?

Weatherboy1

Thank you all for discussing this season with us! See you all, later this year.

Go Up