Cutiemark meanings?

Started by Naura, 2014 Jun 12, 15:23:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Naura

I just surfed around on youtube to find this episode:

Now I wonder if anypony found their cutiemark also resembling something like this?
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Midnight Breeze

Okay, has Shining Armor ever actually protected ANYPONY, much less his sister? He's had run-ins with 3 different villains and ever time he had to be saved by his sister, not the other way around.

Really, the guy's blinking useless. What kind of strings did his parents have pull to make him captain of the guard? He seems to be a glorified consort to me.

AaronMk

2014 Jun 12, 17:55:27 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 12, 18:01:54 by AaronMk
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 12, 15:35:14
Okay, has Shining Armor ever actually protected ANYPONY, much less his sister? He's had run-ins with 3 different villains and ever time he had to be saved by his sister, not the other way around.

Really, the guy's blinking useless. What kind of strings did his parents have pull to make him captain of the guard? He seems to be a glorified consort to me.

To be fair, if the world of Equestria was Darksouls then the villains they fought are like the bosses from Darksouls.

Or even the MLG players that invade other people's worlds.

The other explanation being: Equestria has no real military tradition. Most threats to it seem to have been nullified before the generation of the show, and the Guard is kept hanging around to project a sense of presence to hostile kingdoms. And most threats Equestria does face is in the form of uber-powerful, single-entity, god-beings.

The only external threat of any significance was the Changeling invasion, which had managed to ambush and enslave the Captain of the Guard, and neutralizing the God-Princess that rules over Equestria. It would have succeeded if Chrissy had the half a mind to not trap Twilight in the same fragile prison as Cadence, or her intelligence greatly under-estimated her strength (if not out-right overlooked her because maybe Changelings have terrible oversight in their administration).

So Shining Armor's failures sort of goes without saying, he was belt a terrible hand. One had mirrored his romantic interest perfectly, or had done so at a time where he would brush off any changes in mannerism with outside factors. The other was basically a banished demi-god sorcerer trained in a school of magic beyond his own and who took two Princess to take down anyways, and the final was effectively GiantDad incarnate who sapped him on his powers without trying before declaring: "git gud".

We also having Shining existing to be the character that the villains prove their capabilities on so they are an actual threat in the narrative. It's something that happens more-often than not in Superhero narratives, but played out longer. Every would-be villain getting beat up by Shining would destroy the point of the narrative, or even make it "My Little Pony: The Shining Armor Show". We'll have to imagine that he is a capable soldier and was a profound cadet to be captain of the guard (and presumably so young too) and that he accomplishes all his day-to-day tasks to the greatest effort. He's also married to royalty, which'd mean he was already a notable person in his field/around Canterlot to begin with. So he's not stupid or inept, just the first hurdle to show off how actually villainous the villains are.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Mizuki

I always figured that the three stars on his cutie mark represented his family (mom, dad, Twilight) and the shield was protecting them. The Sparkle on the shield could have just been a family thing since Twilight has it too, but now I'm not so sure XD

It's funny 'cause I made a similar post about Cutie Marks in this thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10469.0

I've yet to really discover anything about myself, so I'd still classify myself as a blank flank. lol

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Go Up