S4 finale - 3 things that bother me most of all

Started by Icy Shield, 2014 May 16, 22:02:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Icy Shield

2014 May 16, 22:02:56 Last Edit: 2014 May 19, 21:52:05 by Icy Shield
S4 finalle was exiciting! But at the same time there was few things that I didn't liked and made me feel dissaponted :s

1st of all I expected that Discord would have do some of his chaos things when he betrayed ponies and joined Tirek. Also expected some of resistant from Discord when Tirek tried to suck his magic. I mean come on! Discord you are spirit of Chaos, one of the most powerful being that had ever walked on the land the Equestria! And Discord was just stand there and did nothing. I'm sure he was still stronger than Tirek even after he gained so much magic from ponies :/

Rainbow colored main six transformation? Not of the big suprise since Hasbro is meant to do this to sell toys. As long as it's only temporary effect I guess I can deal with it

Twilight's famous oak library tree was destroyed?! NOOOoOoOoO! DD: it hit me really hard.... It feels like that something very close to my heart has been taken way from me  ono and replaced with that stupid castle that's every little 5 year old girl princess dream... So many good old memories and books has been lost forever in ashes  >.<

edit:
Spoiler: show

Let it snow!

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 May 16, 22:02:56
I'm sure he was still stronger than Tirek even after he gained so much magic from ponies :/

How do you figure that? The mane 6 have beaten Discord before. If Tirek had all of their power PLUS the power of 3 alicorn princess, PLUS the power of tens of thousands of common ponies, logic dictates that he would be stronger than Discord.

Icy Shield

2014 May 16, 22:37:09 #2 Last Edit: 2014 May 16, 22:43:31 by Icy Shield
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 16, 22:07:43
I'm sure he was still stronger than Tirek even after he gained so much magic from ponies :/

How do you figure that? The mane 6 have beaten Discord before. If Tirek had all of their power PLUS the power of 3 alicorn princess, PLUS the power of tens of thousands of common ponies, logic dictates that he would be stronger than Discord.

Celestia & Luna has already fought Discord before and they could not able to stop him. The only thing that could stop him were elements of Harmony(the opposite force agains Disharmony). Being able to change the world just by snaping fingers and  able to break any kind of laws of physics with almoust no effort is really impressive. You need to put something enormous on the other sides of scales to balance it. 3 alicorn princesses and few hundrens of ponies would be a fair amount to make it equal.

Let it snow!

Mizuki

I agree with ya on that bit about the castle. It legitimately looks like poop. :c

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Gemini

I'm glad Golden Oaks got destroyed. Lol Hasbro has all of you dancing on their strings.
LoE's Nightmare Moon.

Howitzer

First with Twilicorn in the S3 finale, and now the library in the S4 finale.
I know that something will be done for the library, they will either have a new one in the castle or reerect the old one somewhere else.
It wasn't until they destroyed it and made the castle until it really hit me that things are starting to permanently change.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Midnight Breeze

Guys, I understand nostalgia, but come on. If our ancestors had been so resistant to change we'd all still be living in thatched huts.

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 17, 17:06:49
Guys, I understand nostalgia, but come on. If our ancestors had been so resistant to change we'd all still be living in thatched huts.

You have a point, I suppose.

And there's also one other point I'd like to bring up - Hasbro.

They live to sell their toys and the TV show is based off those toys. Whatever toy they make, the TV show has to make some sort of logical explanation to follow it.

Or, in some cases, not have any sort of logical explanation and just having something that for some reason has powerful rainbows in it become a castle.

I'd think that Hasbro made Twilight have a castle instead to appeal to little girls more. I mean, a whole crystally castle looks far more grander to a child than a little tree library. Also, little girls like princesses, so they made Twilight is a princess.

As long as it's Hasbro we're dealing with, they're the ones that'll be calling the shots, and they will ALWAYS make changes to try to sell more toys. It's what they do. It's what they live for. Unless some other company buys over My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic, changes WILL happen, and you have to learn that.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Howitzer

Quote from: TigerI'd think that Hasbro made Twilight have a castle instead to appeal to little girls more. I mean, a whole crystally castle looks far more grander to a child than a little tree library. Also, little girls like princesses, so they made Twilight is a princess.
I do think you have a point there, but Twilight wasn't supposed to be that. She was the geek, the bookworm that everyone could relate themselves to, just like the other five characters. She wasn't supposed to live in a giant castle and rule as a princess, she was just a talented unicorn that lived inside a library.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Howitzer on 2014 May 17, 23:07:36
Quote from: TigerI'd think that Hasbro made Twilight have a castle instead to appeal to little girls more. I mean, a whole crystally castle looks far more grander to a child than a little tree library. Also, little girls like princesses, so they made Twilight is a princess.
I do think you have a point there, but Twilight wasn't supposed to be that. She was the geek, the bookworm that everyone could relate themselves to, just like the other five characters. She wasn't supposed to live in a giant castle and rule as a princess, she was just a talented unicorn that lived inside a library.

There is video out there of Lauren Faust herself actually saying that what she intended was for the mane six to someday achieve their goals. Twilight was supposed to rise into princesshood, Rainbow Dash was supposed to join the Wonderbolts, and Rarity was supposed to become a famous fashion designer.

That first thing has happened, the second thing is clearly almost achieved, and the third thing is on its way, as well.
They are, in fact, doing what Faust said.
I'd review the video to fact-check and confirm that I'm remembering it right, but I'm watching a livestream right now.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Icy Shield

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 18, 01:30:10
There is video out there of Lauren Faust herself actually saying that what she intended was for the mane six to someday achieve their goals. Twilight was supposed to rise into princesshood....That first thing has happened....
I'd review the video to fact-check and confirm that I'm remembering it right, but I'm watching a livestream right now.

Yes, but they put that princess goal  too soon. It would work a lot much better if it was episode of MLP. But since they decided to continue the story, now they have to deal with consequence with this decision/mistake. Twilight has dropped from my 2nd favorite character to 3rd in Mlp, but I'm still gonna love good old Pre-S4 Twilight. Seems like Luna is now my 2nd favorite character now and also Discord gained some points to get close to my top 3  :I

Let it snow!

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 May 18, 09:04:43
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 18, 01:30:10
There is video out there of Lauren Faust herself actually saying that what she intended was for the mane six to someday achieve their goals. Twilight was supposed to rise into princesshood....That first thing has happened....

Yes, but they put that princess goal  too soon. It would work a lot much better if it was episode of MLP. But since they decided to continue the story, now they have to deal with consequence with this decision/mistake. Twilight has dropped from my 2nd favorite character to 3rd in Mlp, but I'm still gonna love good old Pre-S4 Twilight. Seems like Luna is now my 2nd favorite character now and also Discord gained some points to get close to my top 3  :I

That mare Twilight Sparkle's a bum! She was living in a single castle with six other individuals! One of them was a male and the other five? Well the other five were females. Celestia only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Icy Shield, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all seven of them habitually smoke poison joke cigarettes. Jokers!

Geaibleu24

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 16, 22:07:43

I would just like to say, at the time Tirek absorbed Discord power's, he wasn't possessing the Princesse's powers. (This is a simple tough, that i felt was needed)

Go Up