Season 4 finale.

Started by cookiezmilk, 2014 May 10, 11:37:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AaronMk

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 12, 22:47:46
Quote from: naisugai on 2014 May 12, 19:22:05
Spoiler: show
well i found it disappointed at the end that whole cheap move with the power form only gave me the whole BUY OUR TOYS thing in my head,but the battle was just a rush ,not like the battle with Twilight and had Terik with all of the princess's powers which was awesome but they could used that battle for a final battle,and not the whole we do this one thing and you lose crap they did.that fight with terik was the most awesome battle I seen.but the rest was good/great.
and for some reason spike just make himself not likeable.

Well, the whole point of the show is to advertise the toys, after all. That, and what kind of message would it be sending if they left it at Twilight beating Tirek up? Parents wouldn't be very happy if a show meant to teach young children about friendship had an episode where the main characters' problems were solved by beating someone up.

But on a serious note, way I hear the relationship Studio B and Hasbro shares is that as opposed to Hasbro going to the studio to tell them to put what they want into the show for marketing, they go to the show to ask what they can make to market. Though obviously there *may* be exceptions, most prominently in stuff like Carousel Boutique, Golden Oaks, and such; things there from day 1. However, it may be safe to say that Rainbow Power is probably the exception in their relationship's rule.

Otherwise, we could make the claim that the show writers are continuing with the Will of Faust, if in a altered directions because different stroke for different folks.

However, we can safely assume that the newly revealed Alicorn toys are MOST LIKELY NOT going to be in the show, because Glorious Beast MA Larsen has made a joke on it.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 13, 00:42:56
well i found it disappointed at the end that whole cheap move with the power form only gave me the whole BUY OUR TOYS thing in my head,but the battle was just a rush ,not like the battle with Twilight and had Terik with all of the princess's powers which was awesome but they could used that battle for a final battle,and not the whole we do this one thing and you lose crap they did.that fight with terik was the most awesome battle I seen.but the rest was good/great.

Well, the whole point of the show is to advertise the toys, after all. That, and what kind of message would it be sending if they left it at Twilight beating Tirek up? Parents wouldn't be very happy if a show meant to teach young children about friendship had an episode where the main characters' problems were solved by beating someone up.

But on a serious note, way I hear the relationship Studio B and Hasbro shares is that as opposed to Hasbro going to the studio to tell them to put what they want into the show for marketing, they go to the show to ask what they can make to market. Though obviously there *may* be exceptions, most prominently in stuff like Carousel Boutique, Golden Oaks, and such; things there from day 1. However, it may be safe to say that Rainbow Power is probably the exception in their relationship's rule.

Otherwise, we could make the claim that the show writers are continuing with the Will of Faust, if in a altered directions because different stroke for different folks.

However, we can safely assume that the newly revealed Alicorn toys are MOST LIKELY NOT going to be in the show, because Glorious Beast MA Larsen has made a joke on it.

We should've seen Rainbow Power coming anyway (and some of us did). Hasbro's toy department can't keep a secret. :P

Wait a minute, why am I still using spoiler tags for the finale? It's Monday, almost Tuesday. lol

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

AaronMk

2014 May 13, 00:57:12 #22 Last Edit: 2014 May 13, 01:00:05 by AaronMk
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 13, 00:55:19
Quote from: AaronMk on 2014 May 13, 00:42:56

We should've seen Rainbow Power coming anyway (and some of us did). Hasbro's toy department can't keep a secret. :P

Wait a minute, why am I still using spoiler tags for the finale? It's Monday, almost Tuesday. lol

It was an obvious thing, and they've been dangling it for a while. I think a lot of people - at least on the Booru - were expecting it. Especially since we've had teaser images in advertisement leaked out.

It was all a question of how it'd happen in the end, and to what purpose the box had in it.

Gracie Sky

I'll be adjusting my fanfiction to accomidate the super ponies and the crystal castle library, if anypony needs me. :l

But other than that, loved the episode! Two hooves up!
Still... a bit skeptical that you can just GIVE your alicorn powers to another alicorn to make them the Captian Planet of ponies. Seems easy to abuse, but okay.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Griffon

That was an awesome way to end S4.

Now we have a long wait for S5.
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2014 May 13, 03:49:33
I'll be adjusting my fanfiction to accomidate the super ponies and the crystal castle library, if anypony needs me. :l

But other than that, loved the episode! Two hooves up!
Still... a bit skeptical that you can just GIVE your alicorn powers to another alicorn to make them the Captian Planet of ponies. Seems easy to abuse, but okay.

Considering that they can't just make their powers disappear to nowhere, does that mean they can't just conjure it from nowhere either? Did Twilight's alicorn powers come from somepony else? Were they stored away after having been retrieved from a past alicorn?

These are curious questions that the show will probably never answer.

Tiger

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 13, 05:09:43
Considering that they can't just make their powers disappear to nowhere, does that mean they can't just conjure it from nowhere either? Did Twilight's alicorn powers come from somepony else? Were they stored away after having been retrieved from a past alicorn?

Interesting... Interesting ovO

Perhaps there was a fourth alicorn once that somehow passed away? And maybe it was from him/her that the alicorn amulet came about. Maybe he/she created the amulet and embedded his/her alicorn magic into it before his/her inevitable fate. It's a possibility, right? That could explain why Trixie obtained so much power when she put on the amulet because the alicorn magic started flowing within her, magic that even Twilight (the unicorn) couldn't match. And when Twilight became an alicorn, maybe the magic came from there.

halp my brain is running wild with headcanon plz stop me

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 May 13, 08:41:50

Perhaps there was a fourth alicorn once that somehow passed away? And maybe it was from him/her that the alicorn amulet came about. Maybe he/she created the amulet and embedded his/her alicorn magic into it before his/her inevitable fate. It's a possibility, right? That could explain why Trixie obtained so much power when she put on the amulet because the alicorn magic started flowing within her, magic that even Twilight (the unicorn) couldn't match. And when Twilight became an alicorn, maybe the magic came from there.

Let me help you with that.

Raffiyen

WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK?!?!?!? I want to know because some of my friends said it was AMAZAING!!! and others said it was too much....

BronySaiyan

Well for me it was awesome for the final with all the references and the battle plus the songs and the transformations :)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Raffiyen on 2014 May 15, 21:34:46
WHAT DID YOU ALL THINK?!?!?!? I want to know because some of my friends said it was AMAZAING!!! and others said it was too much....

It was not too much! O: How can they say that? It was awesome!

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 13, 08:49:35
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 May 13, 08:41:50

Let me help you with that.

*shoots headcanon out of head cannon*

Seriously though, the conclusion for it seemed a bit rushed. I mean, they just get their powers, and POOF EVERYTHING IS FINE AND DANDY ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Griffon

That was an amazing Season ending.
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

ChibiGrrl

I actually just watched the S4 finale today, and. . .

[spoiler] I think that it was a pretty good season finale, but there are some things I would tweak. 1) I didn't mind the Rainbow Transformation per se, but I think less would have been more regarding the hair style changes (loved the colors, not the volume)
2) The battle between Tirek and Twi seemed a little rushed. Exhibit A, Twilight should have been emotionally shattered that her home/collection of books were completely destroyed. 3) Really Discord? You didn't see that betrayal coming?  :l
4) Spike's behavior. . .I've never been so upset with his character in regards to totally undermining Twi's duties with his insensitive smack  >:/   5) I get that MLP incorporates alot of creatures from Greek Myth into their show (Manticaur, Hydra, Chimera, Centaur/Satyr? <-- talking about Tirek), but I was surprised when they mentioned Tartarus AND Cerberus.
6) *rant mode engage* What's this? MLP seems to be introducing two new characters, who seem play a vital part in the finale episodes, and they get a harried, minimal backstory to explain their reason for being there? Gee, I sure wasn't expecting that!?  >:O *rant mode disengage*
Other than that, loved "Play Your Part", loved the villian, loved the reference in Discord's entrance. :D [spoiler]

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: ChibiGrrl on 2014 Jun 08, 23:42:45
I actually just watched the S4 finale today, and. . .

[spoiler] I think that it was a pretty good season finale, but there are some things I would tweak. 1) I didn't mind the Rainbow Transformation per se, but I think less would have been more regarding the hair style changes (loved the colors, not the volume)
2) The battle between Tirek and Twi seemed a little rushed. Exhibit A, Twilight should have been emotionally shattered that her home/collection of books were completely destroyed. 3) Really Discord? You didn't see that betrayal coming?  :l
4) Spike's behavior. . .I've never been so upset with his character in regards to totally undermining Twi's duties with his insensitive smack  >:/   5) I get that MLP incorporates alot of creatures from Greek Myth into their show (Manticaur, Hydra, Chimera, Centaur/Satyr? <-- talking about Tirek), but I was surprised when they mentioned Tartarus AND Cerberus.
6) *rant mode engage* What's this? MLP seems to be introducing two new characters, who seem play a vital part in the finale episodes, and they get a harried, minimal backstory to explain their reason for being there? Gee, I sure wasn't expecting that!?  >:O *rant mode disengage*
Other than that, loved "Play Your Part", loved the villian, loved the reference in Discord's entrance. :D [spoiler]

You're second Spoiler box...

Anyways, you were correct with Centaur.  Though Tirek seemed more Ape than man.
But why would you be surprised that they mentioned Tartarus and Cerberus?  It's not as if they haven't been mentioned and seen, respectively, before now.
Also, I was emotionally shattered enough as it was! lol I don't think I'd be able to take Twi breaking down too!

Everything else I agree with.
<br />

Chishio Kunrin

5) I get that MLP incorporates alot of creatures from Greek Myth into their show (Manticaur, Hydra, Chimera, Centaur/Satyr? <-- talking about Tirek), but I was surprised when they mentioned Tartarus AND Cerberus.

They mentioned Tartarus and Cerberus before, and Cerberus appeared before. If I remember correctly, it was in the episode It's About Time. That's what they were talking about, when Celestia said "when Cerberus left his post." Cerberus ran into Ponyville, and Twilight thought this was the disaster her future self had tried to warn her about. She even said that Cerberus was supposed to be guarding the gates of Tartarus.

AaronMk

5) I get that MLP incorporates alot of creatures from Greek Myth into their show (Manticaur, Hydra, Chimera, Centaur/Satyr? <-- talking about Tirek), but I was surprised when they mentioned Tartarus AND Cerberus.

I'm not even uptight about what many might consider a misuse of Satyr given my current tastes (which don't deviate much in physiology from "traditional" satyrs) but I just got to stop you there and say that he is really closer to a centaur than he is a Satyr.

Vs.

["Non Classical" Satyr Abomination satyr included for my amusement.]

ChibiGrrl

Thank you for the clarification AaronMk, that was bothering me for awhile lol

Cobalt Crafter

So uhh. Why are we spoilerin when people wouldn't want to find spoilers in a "Season 4 final" thread?  :I

The tree, peace in RIP.
The Castle, needs more branches
The rainbow forms, Ugly
The Discord, needs more friendship

This is a post. Must have spoiler to fit with the crowd.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cobalt Crafter on 2014 Jun 16, 03:34:47
So uhh. Why are we spoilerin when people wouldn't want to find spoilers in a "Season 4 final" thread?  :I

The tree, peace in RIP.
The Castle, needs more branches
The rainbow forms, Ugly
The Discord, needs more friendship

This is a post. Must have spoiler to fit with the crowd.

The spoiler policy is that you have to put spoilers in spoiler tags until the Monday after the episode premieres, so that's pretty much why. You don't have to use spoiler tags now.

Go Up