Just what would the individual CMC members' cutie marks be?

Started by Hawk McAdam, 2014 Feb 04, 01:19:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 04, 21:58:37
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Feb 04, 06:13:53
Applebloom being a carpenter makes sense, but I always liked the idea of the ponies in the Apple family having apple related cutie marks. So I think it'd be nice if it was a hammer in front of an apple or something.

Sweetie Belle, music related of course. Music note is the most common answer.

It's true that Scootaloo had some good dancing moves. In my own headcanon she eventually flies and is able to control thunder clouds with ease, but that's my headcanon with nothing canon at all  X3
Though if we follow canon, I think it's more likely her cutie mark would have something about her scooter in it. She seems more into that.

You made me think of the short story Dr.Wolf read ... 'The Mill'?

Yea, Apple Bloom would probably be some sort of construction related thing. Honestly, it's like I keep forgetting about that XD Everytime... I get:
Sweetie Belle- Singing (Matches her name...)
Scootaloo- Scooters (Matchers her name as well...)
Apple Bloom- .... Blooming... apples?

It's just... it's weird  :o

Yea, construction and building or something.... I mean... I could see how her name could connect to that but it seems like a real stretch.

I'd say that Apple Bloom will take care of the barn/house and fixing it up when it needs it. The children of Big Mac and Applejack will take care of the farm and Applejack will be like Granny Smith. As for her two best friends, they both make sense although Scootaloo hopefully will learn to fly. I'd like that to happen since she basically worships Rainbow Dash as her idol.

cloudwilk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 22:03:30
Applebloom being a carpenter makes sense, but I always liked the idea of the ponies in the Apple family having apple related cutie marks. So I think it'd be nice if it was a hammer in front of an apple or something.

It's true that Scootaloo had some good dancing moves. In my own headcanon she eventually flies and is able to control thunder clouds with ease, but that's my headcanon with nothing canon at all  X3
Though if we follow canon, I think it's more likely her cutie mark would have something about her scooter in it. She seems more into that.

Yea, Apple Bloom would probably be some sort of construction related thing. Honestly, it's like I keep forgetting about that XD Everytime... I get:

Yea, construction and building or something.... I mean... I could see how her name could connect to that but it seems like a real stretch.

I'd say that Apple Bloom will take care of the barn/house and fixing it up when it needs it. The children of Big Mac and Applejack will take care of the farm and Applejack will be like Granny Smith. As for her two best friends, they both make sense although Scootaloo hopefully will learn to fly. I'd like that to happen since she basically worships Rainbow Dash as her idol.

I actually kinda like Scootaloo as a handicap. I don't think I've ever seen a show treat it so casually, which is nice.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 09:09:37

I actually kinda like Scootaloo as a handicap. I don't think I've ever seen a show treat it so casually, which is nice.

It hasn't really been made canon yet, though. She might learn to fly or she might not. Actually, an episode with her dealing with a disability would be very emotional and touching. Just a idea for a Season 5 episode maybe!

cloudwilk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 11:03:56

It hasn't really been made canon yet, though. She might learn to fly or she might not. Actually, an episode with her dealing with a disability would be very emotional and touching. Just a idea for a Season 5 episode maybe!

... Yes. That is a season 5 ep hope... and it has been for season 4 but it wasn't really hinted at at all prior to season 4. Of course, she could still only be late. I mean, that is another struggle for children.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 14:00:14
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 11:03:56

... Yes. That is a season 5 ep hope... and it has been for season 4 but it wasn't really hinted at at all prior to season 4. Of course, she could still only be late. I mean, that is another struggle for children.

I don't know about you but I'm kind of liking the idea now of Scootaloo being disabled from flying. Many children watch this show and have some physical disabilities like not able to walk and having to compare to Scootaloo would make them feel more like their peers. Derpy and Twilight could be the same for people with mental disabilities and Asperger's even though I'm not making fun of them at all for who they are. I mean, I'm a general male fan of MLP (who like more then just G4/FIM) and likes the girlish side of MLP so I'm different as well. All humans/ponies are different.

cloudwilk

Like I said, I like the handicap and how they treat them as if they were no different.. truly. I also like the gender-fairness throughout the show... a lot of shows make these stereotypical female characters that are generally pretty flat. That's coming from a male fan as well... Can't say I'm particularly interested in the more girlish side of the show but I'm not against it, either, as long as its has a theme that's built well.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 16:46:01
Like I said, I like the handicap and how they treat them as if they were no different.. truly. I also like the gender-fairness throughout the show... a lot of shows make these stereotypical female characters that are generally pretty flat. That's coming from a male fan as well... Can't say I'm particularly interested in the more girlish side of the show but I'm not against it, either, as long as its has a theme that's built well.

So you like MLP in general too and a male? That's awesome. Hopefully we can be fans of MLP after G4 as well. I know one buddy on here that is a female and was a fan for a very long time. Yeah, it's nice they treat the handicap like they're no different then us because they aren't. Just having some mental/physical setbacks. That all! I don't see anything about girlish cartoon characters being flat. I do like the girly side of MLP because I like the feeling of being a little girl, something I never was able to experience due to being a boy all my life. I think a theme that is built well does make a cartoon more watchable too.

cloudwilk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:44:22

So you like MLP in general too and a male? That's awesome. Hopefully we can be fans of MLP after G4 as well. I know one buddy on here that is a female and was a fan for a very long time. Yeah, it's nice they treat the handicap like they're no different then us because they aren't. Just having some mental/physical setbacks. That all! I don't see anything about girlish cartoon characters being flat. I do like the girly side of MLP because I like the feeling of being a little girl, something I never was able to experience due to being a boy all my life. I think a theme that is built well does make a cartoon more watchable too.

Heh, yea I am. I'll be honest... I used to make fun of MLP before MLP;FiM.  X3 Boy, isn't it funny the way the world works?
I haven't really wished to feel like a young girl so much, or wondered. Honestly, though, I can't say I grew up particularly masculine either. Never cared for robots and whatnot (But I did like cars... and car games... and games in general.) Everything I liked was just generally pretty gender-neutral, like animals. Science. Guess you could say stuffed animals are feminine... but I disagree with that. Mostly I liked playing imaginary games.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 20:09:48
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:44:22

Heh, yea I am. I'll be honest... I used to make fun of MLP before MLP;FiM.  X3 Boy, isn't it funny the way the world works?
I haven't really wished to feel like a young girl so much, or wondered. Honestly, though, I can't say I grew up particularly masculine either. Never cared for robots and whatnot (But I did like cars... and car games... and games in general.) Everything I liked was just generally pretty gender-neutral, like animals. Science. Guess you could say stuffed animals are feminine... but I disagree with that. Mostly I liked playing imaginary games.

I never made fun of MLP before MLP FIM, but I knew it just existed and just ignored it like that. Never made fun of it though. Yeah, I never truly grow up being masculine either and not being around many boys excluding a dad, brother, and sometimes other family members as well. Did for awhile hang around some boys at school, but I'm terrible at making friends. I guess I'm too shy and introverted I guess IDK. I really didn't like robots, but enjoyed hot wheels when I was young. I played with Tonka trucks, but also would bake in my Easy-Bake oven. I also am a lifelong fan of hotels and enjoyed them since I was three. Liked computer games as well. Hated superheroes so they definitely affected my masculine side, even though I do think they are for girls too. Let's say I'm with you. I was gender-neutral as well. I also played a lot of imaginary games too. We might be both girly boys you know! X3

cloudwilk

Guess it depends on how you define a girly boy. It's ironic, because my brother would always bring up MLP and I'd tease him about it, calling him 'Ponyboy.' He doesn't care for MLP seriously, so it's funny that when this show came out it switched.
Actually, I grew up around predominantly boys. Almost all my relatives (relatives my age anyways) were boys. I hung around with predominantly male groups with maybe two or three females. Until sixth, then predominantly male. Then later, eventually, no one. I guess I was always just weird  :P But when I did hang out with people (at school, of course) in Elementary, they were all pretty much pretty gender-neutral. Like, this one kid liked pretending to be a penguin and forging a nest. He'd eat leaves sometimes, too. Strangely, he was the smartest one academically of those kids. I liked rough-playing... and with my dad and brother we'd usually, well, rough-play a lot. I can also be competitive but I don't enjoy it... well, unless if I win I guess.  X3

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 08:43:30
Guess it depends on how you define a girly boy. It's ironic, because my brother would always bring up MLP and I'd tease him about it, calling him 'Ponyboy.' He doesn't care for MLP seriously, so it's funny that when this show came out it switched.
Actually, I grew up around predominantly boys. Almost all my relatives (relatives my age anyways) were boys. I hung around with predominantly male groups with maybe two or three females. Until sixth, then predominantly male. Then later, eventually, no one. I guess I was always just weird  :P But when I did hang out with people (at school, of course) in Elementary, they were all pretty much pretty gender-neutral. Like, this one kid liked pretending to be a penguin and forging a nest. He'd eat leaves sometimes, too. Strangely, he was the smartest one academically of those kids. I liked rough-playing... and with my dad and brother we'd usually, well, rough-play a lot. I can also be competitive but I don't enjoy it... well, unless if I win I guess.  X3

I never did have much friends in school. There's different types of girly boys for sure.

cloudwilk

Yea... I was pretty alone. But I saw those types of males more as the straight one's who hung out with groups of females. I knew quite some of those.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 18:59:17
Yea... I was pretty alone. But I saw those types of males more as the straight one's who hung out with groups of females. I knew quite some of those.

I'm thinking that I am one of those type of males. I do have tons of female friends and more then male ones. To me, teen females are way more mature and sympathetic over problems then most teen boys my age.

cloudwilk

Unfortunately in my experience I have found them to be both just as immature and irritating... just in their own ways. I hate to sound so anti-social... but... *shrug*
I grew up with predominantly male... then went to little to nothing with only a few females that'd pass by to say hi every now and again... then by the time college came around I finally began to make friends again and I can say the male to female ratio is about equal now.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 07, 21:03:15
Unfortunately in my experience I have found them to be both just as immature and irritating... just in their own ways. I hate to sound so anti-social... but... *shrug*
I grew up with predominantly male... then went to little to nothing with only a few females that'd pass by to say hi every now and again... then by the time college came around I finally began to make friends again and I can say the male to female ratio is about equal now.

I agree. For the most part, High school aged students tend to be immature and create drama for no reason. I don't blame you. You should've considered cyber school if you were so anti-social. I'm certain by the time I'm in college, most students my age will be more mature and understanding. I wish you were a female and lived near me. Because you'd be a perfect girlfriend. Not to sound gay, but you understand what I mean right?

cloudwilk

Heh... I get it... I mean, I am pretty awesome.  8) But I am male, afterall, and pretty asexual.

And not for nothing, but college is definitely a better place. You do really have to be driven, though, and getting a degree you're passionate about to get the full-experience. Also, it wasn't much better at first but by the end of the year, I had friends. I mean, people that I actually talk to comfortably, even if they don't know me particularly well. It made all the difference.  :P
But it does help that I am studying something I really like.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 08, 09:08:25
Heh... I get it... I mean, I am pretty awesome.  8) But I am male, afterall, and pretty asexual.

And not for nothing, but college is definitely a better place. You do really have to be driven, though, and getting a degree you're passionate about to get the full-experience. Also, it wasn't much better at first but by the end of the year, I had friends. I mean, people that I actually talk to comfortably, even if they don't know me particularly well. It made all the difference.  :P
But it does help that I am studying something I really like.

That's good. College must be a better place. You on LOE game right now?

cloudwilk

I'm trying to log on now XP I'm having logging issues... if you're still playing the game XD

Go Up