Are you getting Xbox One?

Yes
3 (23.1%)
No
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Blues-Music

Actually I got no beef with it. I just found the meme funny , and decided to post it. I don't really want to go into conversation about equestria girls , but all i'm going to say is "Who knows."

Chishio Kunrin

I just got an email from Microsoft about the Xbox One.

"Cutting edge design meets cutting edge technology. "
>Cutting edge design

"Its innovative technology is rivaled only by its iconic design. Sharp corners and clean lines make for a sleek, modern console that complements any decor."
>iconic design
>sleek

Sorry, Microsoft, but I like the design of the Xbox360 Slim better.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

AlDeezy

Hah, I saw the reveal live, and after bumming around and getting other inputs, I think I've decided.... that I don't know enough to make a valid opinion.

Remember, this was just the REVEAL of the console, not a showcase. So it's pretty hard to judge whether or not you or I or anyone will like it. That being said, I still have very low expectations for the XBox 720.
We're reaching a point in gaming where the graphical updates will be so unnoticeable that we won't even notice, but we're STILL in the point in gaming where marketing updated graphics is still viable; less effective, but viable. I am pleased to see that Microsoft showcased all the extra stuff the 720 can do now as opposed to later because I don't know about you, but I want to see release titles during E3, not the "New innovations in TV, Internet Browsing, etc etc blah blah blah" that was covered a few days ago.

Cool job Microsoft. Awesome work with planning (hopefully)! But you console... is it up to snuff as it stands? In my honest opinion.... No. If I am going to enter this new generation of consoles, I am not giving you my money, Microsoft. Uh uh. Nooooo way, Jose.

1. The new kinect. Pointless as always. Kudos on taking another step towards virtual reality gaming, though!

2. Required downloads to the HDD. Cool, but you made it impossible to swap out HDDs. And you made the storage cap 500 gigs. The average game nowadays takes up between 15 and 30 gigs. Do the math.
2[cont.]. Not that I really expect more than 4 games to actually be worth buying for your console. Actually, 500 gigs is MORE than enough! They already know their games are all going to be terrible, guys!

and 3. Used games. Deezy loooooves him some used games. I like loaning games, I even like borrowing games. And NO WAY am I going to give you any more of my money to be able to play a used game. I don't care if it's a penny, half a penny, or even so infinitesimal of an amount that dirt would be worth more, you are already swimming in a pool made of gold, I am not going to cough up more bills for you to use as toilet paper.

RANT. OVER.

Blues-Music

Me talking to a friend:Oh hey dude I hear you bought "Blah" can I borrow it?
Microsoft: LOLNOPE you have to borrow his console too if you want to play it!

Also why do we even need disks again? If Microsoft disables it the second I put it on my account why give me the disk? Why not just buy a piece of paper with the code on it. I just type it in , and the game downloads.

Also the whole used game mechanism is that when you buy a CD it has a serial number where I put in my Xbox one. When I do that Microsoft disables the code for further use. Basically forcing me to get a billion copies of this one game if I ever want to have some friends over.

Okay I get tons of friends over to play video games. Most of the times we hold tournaments where they invite their friends over to play. We often reach 25-50 people per tournament. I'm not joking our record for most people was about 50. So basically if we wanted to play an Xbox game that was for 340$ we would have to buy it 50 times. So basically 340 X 50 = 17000. So with that money I can buy a new home , but i'd use it for buying 50 of the same game to let some friends play.

Microsoft. I have no words. This console sucked before it came out.

Flamestriker

I don't like it at all. Kinect is the most overrated control system in the world, usually inaccurate and annoying, and the price for that giant box is way too high. I've never owned an Xbox because I've never liked it, and I don't think this new console will change my mind. I prefer my PS3 and Wii (planning to get a Wii U... just saving up!).

However, only time will tell how it will fare in the end....
[move][/move]

Science Woona

I friggen love my Xbox 360. Then they throw this crap here, no thank you.
Requires a kinect
Requires internet connection
Can't play used games without paying them full price
Indie dev's are in trouble
Gotta buy practically a whole new cable box with this one (But hay, multitasking! :l)
The Kinect is ALWAYS on and ALWAYS watching (Remember the nifty "Xbox on" feature? That means your kinect is on all the time)
Games HAVE to be installed on the hard drive...

I'm sticking to the 360, PC, and Gamecube, thank you.
Click the picture for my blog!

Check out my art thread!

Chishio Kunrin

While Microsoft is faffing about, I don't think I'll be upgrading to the next gen until I see games I really want. Even then, the next gen console I get will probably be PS4. I'd have to tesdrive a Wii U to fully decide whether or not I want one.

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Never liked X-Box and never will.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

AlDeezy

Also, did you guys hear that Sony's stock jumped ~10% after the reveal?
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a483500/sony-stock-jumps-9-percent-after-xbox-one-reveal.html
They say it's just a coincidence, but I say "ha. ha ha. ha ha ha."

KoalaLover99

This pretty much covers everything about the xbox one:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Quote from: AlDeezy on 2013 May 25, 23:04:25
Also, did you guys hear that Sony's stock jumped ~10% after the reveal?
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a483500/sony-stock-jumps-9-percent-after-xbox-one-reveal.html
They say it's just a coincidence, but I say "ha. ha ha. ha ha ha."

The Wii U went up in sales by a bunch after the conference too. Huh.

Teal Turken

I hadn't thought about this initially but Microsoft is troubling game salestores as well.
Stores like GameStop will NOT be able to make trade ins with used games, which believe me do affect how well they do. GameStop does sell games and buy games daily, but when there's no new releases in a while they make money through trade ins.
Spoiler: How that works • show
Your local GameStop say has about 300 games in the store total right now. They do NOT own any copies of Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy or Zelda Skyward Sword. Someone enters the store and they sell a copy of Halo 3, as well as a mario galaxy and Skyward Sword, but they also sell some other games. GameStop now has copies of games they did not currently have AND for cheaper than buying brand new copies of the game.

Gamefly will not be able to rent out Xbox One titles because it's just not possible with the money grubbing code/activation thing on the games.

Also when the game stops being copied then once all the copies are used and if you didn't get a copy, too bad. You NEVER will.

I wouldn't be surprised if GameStop flat out avoided purchasing and selling Xbox One and it's games just because of how horrible it would be for business.

Blues-Music

I'm gonna sum up what I think about Xbox one:

>Never actually fully showed their console.
>Wii-U not only fully shown , but released.

>kills backwards compatability.
>Wii-U not only has that it sells all the old games like super metroid for a low price on Eshop.

>Completely ignores gaming to make other apps like skype.
>Wii-U supports stuff like skype , watching TV , social networking like MIIVERSE , and still makes some gaming jems.

>Kills used games.
>Used games work perfectly on it , and are recommended , and supported.

>Current known library of upcoming , or currently available games suck.
>Wii-U has an awesome upcoming , and current library of games.

>Bigger than a dvd set.
>Wii-U is pretty slim.

>Costs an arm , and a leg.
>300$ which is less than the price of a none wii , or wii-u game.

WII-U is the best choice.

Chishio Kunrin

The only bad thing about Nintendo right now is that they're gonna start hurting Let's Players who want to do Let's Play series of new Nintendo games. That, and we don't know if any other game companies *coughmicrosoftcough* will follow suit, thus effectively ruining Let's Plays.
As far as the Wii U goes, I'd like to try playing a game on it myself before buying one. I want to see how comfortable the controller is for myself.

PS4 seems pretty good, though I'm sad about backwards compatibility. I'm also kind of mad at Sony for having two types of PS3s - one that's backwards compatible for free, and one that's not. The one that you can play PS2 games for free on is the shiny one that has the touch sensor for the on/off switch. Sadly, I have the non-shiny one with an actual button for the power, but luckily, I still have my PS2. If/when my PS2 dies, I'll probably buy a shiny PS3.

Xbox One... Suuuuuck. :l Suck suck suuuuck. Terrible. We're not gonna buy it.

Jenzy

Well, we'll just have to wait and see how well it goes...

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 May 31, 01:57:53

Seems to be the case doesn't it. E3 is in a little over a week so I have the following to look forward to:

1.) New games for my Wii U

2.) Getting to see the PS4. I propably won't buy it but I am interested

3.) The greatest comedy routine ever A.K.A. Microsoft's event.

sorikuXIII

wow I read a ot of these posts and I'm gonna be honest. It kinda sickens me how easily most of you guys easily consider microsoft and xbox a joke. Nintendo and the Wii U aren't god's gift to gaming. I'm not saying there anything bad about the Wii U or Nintendo cause heck I've played my fair share of games from all the major companies so my opinion on any of the three big wigs of gaming is unbiased....

All I'm saying is Microsoft and Sony have been the major and most talked about companies smacking each other with white gloves. Nintendo has been rising from the ashes slowly and with the Xbox One reveal they're pretty much riding Sony's coat tails now and not in the bad way. I mean that they're finally getting the recognition they deserve after being put down for so long since they're consoles and handhelds are for casual gamers. I also believe that because of the Xbox One Sony and Nintendo pretty much have complete dominance at this point. The whole Xbox One killing used games is only speculation not a printed and laminated fact.

Yes I will agree that some of the feature that the Xbox One is going to be using and will have is and has convinced me to skip the new gen microsoft creation but it can still change in the long run. theres still E3 and then they still have time before the major release to fix and change anything that EVERYONE is bringing the hammer down on. I for one would buy a PS4 over an Xbox One and stick to my 360 but i still give kudos to microsoft for actually trying to keep themselves in the console race even though they pretty much too the long road into a lava pit this time around...

that's just my opinion though...
Pixel Art:

My OCs

Sea Foam

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 May 31, 01:57:53

I can only hope :I

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Blues-Music

Okay guess what.
The Wii-U which is basically 3 times better than the Xbox one costs 300$. Xbox one is around 900$. So on the wii-u you have an efficient app , social networking system , and you can also watch TV with the TVii thing while still having amazing hardware , and games. Xbox one focuses on TV , and has a lousy TV system. Skype is apparently a huge step for it. It's known to have less power than the Wii-U. So we've established the Wii-U is three times better , but the Xbox costs 3 times more?

Nintendo army now is our time to strike! Let us use the master sword to stab the final blow in this poor new competition!

sorikuXIII

Again that's just speculation cause it was leaked on Amazon. It said the same thing for the PS4 but that nowhere near the truth. You can't just believe everything thats initially told cause it can change in the long run. That's why this stupid "console war" is still going on. Everyone should be forced to own at least one of each console or handheld then base their opinions off that. Not what the see and hear. That's stupid and makes every opinion biased thus causing the individual to praise what they use like an almighty being when the others are just as good if not better. In this thread its no different. everyone praising the Wii U and chewing out the Xbox One. I thought the title was "Xbox One discussion topic" not roast.
Pixel Art:

My OCs

Go Up