Most horrific things you've encountered in video games.

Started by Jenzy, 2013 Feb 04, 02:12:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

What are some things in video games that freak you out the most?

In the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, there's Dead Hand. Oh my. That thing is freakin' CREEPY! o_o

Chishio Kunrin

.... I hated the cursed zones in Okami. I avoided them as much as I could. The first time, I wondered what it would be like if I walked into it, and it startled me, and then I realized I could barely see. DD: So, I just about panicked, trying to get out before the timer was up because I would've died.

Unfortunately, there's a part in Okami where you have to jump into a cursed zone and then run back out of it in order to progress.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

The Power outage in Luigi's Mansion. Especially when you play at night. ovO

Ghosts appear like, EVERYWHERE! :I

It's so freaky whenever they popped out behind you and when so many ghosts appear. There's no telling when one will randomly come out to scare you. Quite the amazing spooky experience!

Julius

Purr~

Rissian

I think Luigi's mansion made me jump a few times when I first played it just because of how random the ghosts felt when I first played it. Dead space is another game that was jumpy a bit so was F.E.A.R. Slender also use to but now I'm used to that game even the newer high graphic HD remakes.

Midnight Breeze

Julius

Oh my... Dead Space... Bloody Dead Space...

Dear Luna, how I love and hate those games... lol

Got every single achievement for both of them (Yes, that includes beating Hardcore mode) but at the same time... Man, so horrible. I'm both really excited and completely horrified for the third one. :P
Purr~

Darkangel

The final bosses 0 and 02 of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64. You'd NOT expect these guys to be in a Kirby game, a giant white sphere with a red eyeball that shoots blood at you and rips out, and a reborn angel of it.
Spoiler: 0 • show
By the way, the black things are called Dark Matter, 0 and 02's minions.

Spoiler: 02 • show

02 also fools you by when you start the battle, it makes two black "eyes", makes it's closed red eye a smiling mouth, and doesn't have the red part of it's wings. Then when the battle starts it shows it's true form. I love 02's battle music though. They still rated the games E though, but the reason why the makers of the games did that is because you had to get ALL hearts/shards in the game. Since little kids wouldn't collect them all, only older people would battle them.

Also, why did you say "Ocarina of time 3D"? Is it different in that version?...
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

StaticBoom

Now this isn't a character, its music.

I played Pokemon blue when I was about ten. Walked into Lavender Town, little 10 year old me didn't have a chance.   D:

I think it took me a week to get up the guts to play again, funny I didn't realize at the time that i should've just turned the sound down  lol

Anyway, now when I listen to the old Lavender Town, i just get a wave of nostalgia, but when my little cousin listens, he runs away. I guess the fear of Lavender Town might be a little kid thing, I dunno.
My OC list
[move][IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/f57n7d.gif[/img][/move]

I'm too metal for this.

Book Smarts

Doom 3, quit right when the game actually started  >.<

Laebenal

In Metro 2033 at library when a librarian jumped right behind me and headbutted me. Had to pause the game and wait a while before I could continue and run away from it. (Already a bit scared and then this thing decided to suprise me) Still it's awesome game and I recommend it to all that like shooting games with horror stuff (not like these zombie apocalypse ones).

Sorry for my bad English.
Nightmare pony is here!
[move][/move]
(.gif made by KoalaLover99)
My OCs
Here I am... Alone as always...

FlameandIce

2013 Feb 04, 09:23:22 #11 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 04, 09:37:34 by FlameandIce
Dio in Mad Father the fact that he is missing his eye just creeped me out well actually all of the creations of Alfred Drevis creep me out
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: FlameandIce on 2013 Feb 04, 09:23:22
Dio in Mad Father the fact that he is missing his eye just creeped me out well actually all of the creations of Alfred Drevis creep me out

Oh yeah. I never played Mad Father, but I watched PewDiePie's Let's Play of it. He made it pretty funny, though. It was hilarious when he ran into Dio.
PewDie: What the... Is that me?!
Dio: Come with me. Hurry.
PewDie: *Tries to style his hair like Dio's. Manly voice* Come with me... Hurry...
Dio: *Turns around, so you can see the other half of his face*
PewDie: EUUGH!!!

HaponyHanzo

2013 Feb 04, 11:46:29 #13 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 04, 12:04:04 by HaponyHanzo
Ten things i consider horrific enemys from video games

Spoiler: show
- The Butler at the Croft Mansion in Tomb Raider 2 and 3 he was just creepy
- The Hands inside of the Shadow Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Train that hit's you in Tomb Raider 3. It just appears out of nowhere!
- In Amnesia The Dark Descent - don't stay to long in that fountain
- The flood from Halo 1
- The Zombies from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
- The Dead Hand enemy from The Legend of Zelda just look at it omg [spoiler]

- The Regenerator Zombies from Resident Evil 4
- The Parasites from Metroid Fusion
- The HeadCrab from Half Life [/spoiler]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: HaponyHanzo on 2013 Feb 04, 11:46:29
Ten things i consider horrific enemys from video games

Spoiler: show
- The Butler at the Croft Mansion in Tomb Raider 2 and 3 he was just creepy
- The Hands inside of the Shadow Temple in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Train that hit's you in Tomb Raider 3. It just appears out of nowhere!
- In Amnesia The Dark Descent - don't stay to long in that fountain
- The flood ifromHalo 1
- The Zombies from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
- The Dead Hand enemy from The Legend of Zelda just look at it omg [spoiler]

- The Regenerator Zombies from Resident Evil 4
- The Parasites from Metroid Fusion
- The HeadCrab from Half Life [/spoiler]

Oh right. The flood from Halo. My dad and I played co-op on Halo, and once we got to the flood... ugh. :s I think we died more often facing the flood than the covenant. I remember having to hold my own until he'd respawn.

Then, we got to Halo 2, and I was hoping we wouldn't have to face the flood.

And there's a multiplayer map pack for one of the games (I think 3?) that has a flood-themed map. I usually explore all the multiplayer maps and get to know about them, but I didn't play long in the flood-themed map.

Lord of Madness

the only ones I can think of are extremely unpleasant and unable to be said on the site :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Feb 04, 11:55:56
the only ones I can think of are extremely unpleasant and unable to be said on the site :P

Mad Father shouldn't be talked about in detail on here. That's why I stayed vague. X3 It's one of those grimdark crazy scientist stories.

Sea Foam

The Moon from Majora's mask is the most horrifying thing I've ever experienced in my life.
This is not an exaggeration of any sort. This is not sarcastic in any way.

(Also, everything Jenzy said, I agree with 100%)

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Itty Bit

It's a pretty common answer, but I have fond memories of the Regenerators from Resident Evil 4. I remember having a friend stay over for the night, and we dedicated it to finally finishing the game. It was one of the only times while playing a video game I actually had a sense of dread playing it. It was the only scary point in the game, and goodness does it do a good job of being scary; Atmosphere and all.

Detective Woona

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Feb 04, 11:55:56

A lot of that.

Lickers terrified me on my first play through of RE 2.
Nowadays I can walk into a room with them and greet them casually before blowing them away.
Wallmasters and Floormasters from Zelda still creep me out, though they are more annoying than creepy.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

Go Up